R.I.P. : My Video Card

Star Wars Man

Something terrible happened today: my brand new video card, a GeForce FX 5500 256 MB PCI Graphics Card (long name :roll: ), had an enormous scorch mark on the back and front. Apparently, during the night it was running, but the fan wasn't. I don't have enough money to get another one(not yet) so when you guys play the demo tell me what it is like. I am really down today, but I can't talk as I have to bury my video card. (Return it to the store)

Have a Merry Christmas everybody.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

That's how I lost my FX5700LE on my last computer. I had no clue it had stopped (the fan). One day the screen went weird and then the computer would start, but no video. I'm sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you'll be able to get a new card withing the next 2 months.

Well EaW isnt exactly graphics demanding so you could buy a low end 64 MB radeon for the moment and then when you get the cash get a better one. Yeah I lost a laptop because the fan broke on it, and a lot of the components over-heated and fried. You can check ebay.com for good deals if you are in desperate need.

We all feel for you buddy! =)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Well EaW isnt exactly graphics demanding so you could buy a low end 64 MB radeon for the moment and then when you get the cash get a better one. Yeah I lost a laptop because the fan broke on it, and a lot of the components over-heated and fried. You can check ebay.com for good deals if you are in desperate need.

We all feel for you buddy! =)

Wait a minute..*scratches scorch mark* OMFG! This is heavily-built up dust! But how could it build up...HAHAHAHA!*laughs himself to sleep*

so everything is happy now?

thats good, its christmas yknow, maybe ill make a movie about it..

Don't know if it will work, though...more on this later.

I don't think it will if it already didn't work. Chances are it's fried and removing the dust won't make it come back (you never know though :)).

so everything is happy now?

thats good, its christmas yknow, maybe ill make a movie about it..

Don't know if it will work, though...more on this later.

I don't think it will if it already didn't work. Chances are it's fried and removing the dust won't make it come back (you never know though :)).

Yeah, with my luck... :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: