EAW Minimum Specs

I posted it here so people won't create new topics of this so here it is straight from LEC Forums

Hello everyone, as promised here are the min specs for EAW!

Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

CPU: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz

Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP

Ram: 256MB

Graphics Card: 32 MB graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) capability

Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible, PCI or Onboard Audio Device

Internet: 56kbps or faster connection (required for multiplayer only)

Edited by Cain

To the Minimum Specs in the first post:

CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive

Keyboard; mouse

2,5 GB free hard drive space

Additional 200 MB after installation.

Supported GPU:

ATI Radeon 7200/7500-Family

ATI Radeon 8500/9000/9200-Family

ATI Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800-Family

ATI Radeon X300/X500/X700/X800/X850-Familie ATI Radeon X1K-Family NVIDIA GeForce 256-Family

NVIDIA GeForce2/3/4-Familie NVIDIA GeForce FX-Family NVIDIA GeForce 6-Familie NVIDIA GeForce 7-Family

German Min Specs from 9. December. Found at Amazon.de and nbg-online.de

www.sw-eaw.de

Delphi, can you tell us why EAW is to have requirements that are lower than any major RTS released in 05? When its an 06 game? It seems that population caps and unit detail could be improved 50% if the requirements were set to indsutry standard. In fact, some well selling games released in the last few months have requirements that are twice what EAW asks for.

Nathan, I never follwed the geforce line that closely, but I recall MX cards generally being built on the previous line's core. So a Geforce4MX was a gefore3 core. But, either a gefore3 or 4 core would work according to that German site.

I'm not sure about the GeForce4. I vaguely recall deciding to upgrade my GeForce4 card because it wasn't directx 9. The second result on google, however, suggests that the GeForce4 is compatable, and Junker's post says it will be supported by EaW, so I don't know.
Zing!

Delphi, can you tell us why EAW is to have requirements that are lower than any major RTS released in 05? When its an 06 game? It seems that population caps and unit detail could be improved 50% if the requirements were set to industry standard. In fact, some well selling games released in the last few months have requirements that are twice what EAW asks for.

Nathan, I never followed the geforce line that closely, but I recall MX cards generally being built on the previous line's core. So a Geforce4MX was a gefore3 core. But, either a gefore3 or 4 core would work according to that German site.

It could be that Lucasarts is attempting to hit the market with a game available for all computers.....but we should wait for the Recommended requirements. That should "up the ante", so to speak.

Well, I know for a fact that I'll be running it no matter what.

Even the PC at my grandparents house will run it, and they have a 2.4 Ghz Intel P4, 512MB RAM, and a 64MB Intel Integrated video card!

So I'm set system wise. A good piece of mind so I can play the demo before I get "my" PC a month from now.

Delphi, can you tell us why EAW is to have requirements that are lower than any major RTS released in 05? When its an 06 game? It seems that population caps and unit detail could be improved 50% if the requirements were set to industry standard. In fact, some well selling games released in the last few months have requirements that are twice what EAW asks for.

Nathan, I never followed the geforce line that closely, but I recall MX cards generally being built on the previous line's core. So a Geforce4MX was a gefore3 core. But, either a gefore3 or 4 core would work according to that German site.

It could be that Lucasarts is attempting to hit the market with a game available for all computers.....but we should wait for the Recommended requirements. That should "up the ante", so to speak.

I bet that the minimum requirments will be ajustable to a higher level, thus making the graphics a lot better. They just wanted to make this game available to lots of people. Delphi also said earlier that the pop cap would not hinder us in any way that we are thinking. Don't go getting angry at things you don't know enough about.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, somehow the demo's "analyze your computer" thing says that my computer cannot pass the requirements. I've played the demo many times without any problems, but still it says that my CPU is somehow only 800mhz. This is pretty stressing since now I'm worried I cant play the complete version... but why does the demo work no problem? I tried scanning my computer using the dxdiag-thing on windows, but it wont show my CPU. Am I completely stupid or are the prosessor and the CPU the same thing? If they are, then good, 'cause then I'll pass easily.

It bring upon us more of famine, death and war,

you know religion has a lot to answer for.

-Steve Harris, Iron Maiden

The problem is the fact your processor is mobile, meaning the speed decreases when the computer isn't under load.  When the demo first analyzes your computer, it is probably getting the current speed, rather than the max cpu speed.
Zing!

The problem is the fact your processor is mobile, meaning the speed decreases when the computer isn't under load.  When the demo first analyzes your computer, it is probably getting the current speed, rather than the max cpu speed.

Edit:

And thusly the angel descends from the heavens... Seriously though, you've made my day.

Sorry for all these stuffed short posts but I really needed to know.

It bring upon us more of famine, death and war,

you know religion has a lot to answer for.

-Steve Harris, Iron Maiden