Should We actually organise this forums Bureaucracy??

Foshjedi2004

Should the Staff be arranged to do certain Tasks?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Staff be arranged to do certain Tasks?

• Yes
    • No

Looking at the amount of Staff this forum has with the addition of Nevets, Popcorn and Little.B should the forum staff be assigned specific Jobs. And should we demote some of the Admins as they are surplus- G_S?
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing Mod tasks eventually. I don't think we need them right now tho, once the forums pick up I think it would be a good idea. Just right now traffic isn't heavy enough. The really isn't a reason to have a mod, modding the epIII forum (which I still think should be officially changed to just the general star wars forum) when there is only a post there every other week.

And I think Ghostly should stay an Admin, he is by far the most active and most the others are from Petro so they aren't really running th forums.

It all seems to be running fine as it is to be honest. Like Nevets said, it only needs to be done when we get to be more active.

As for Ghostly being a mod again, I'm sure it's only you that supports that idea. Sure, mistakes have been made in the past, but he hasn't done a bad job at all. Demoting him seems very unfair to me, and somewhat unnecessary.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Dont want to be rude but seems like Fosh is becoming jealous with me just because I am admin. Also he wanted me to change my ranking which I did and now he wants me to be a moderator? :roll: Well Fosh i'll just say stop finding reasons to complain about like a girl does.

Well we do have tasks just we are just one group now but Siddus and Little.B are now news givers. Well Fosh I see your point just settle down will you?

I juts feel that the forum has no Clear direction. Ghostly, you set up the Bestine Cantina without consulting any of the Moderators. I think that it should be a proper democracy. New Ideas Voting upon. For Example the NMA, Do we want it on this Forum? Do We want to move to http://pff.rebellion.com ?? Those are the sorts of questions that should be asked of the Moderators. Before just setting them up or organising changes the Mods need to be consulted. Thats Just My Idea. I am sure that you will probably Flame me down but at this point of events I cannot Back Down. Sorry.

Also that JediIgor began backing up the files without any of the Moderators informed. I mean we all knew that we would be going to the Petro site but now it turns out we are going to go to the old Rebellion server?? Why??

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I only did that because I thought the odd news would be a good adition to the forums but seems like only 2-5 people liked it and the rest said screw it. I only wanted people to say "What the heck.....LOL". What can you do really since we're only giving out sections for people to use but its their will to use it and we cant force them.

I thought we were moving to the OFFICIAL Petroglyph server with backed up information and whats Cain up to.

I like the way Fosh is thinking. Even though I may be new here, from an outsider point of view I could tell that many things happen on these forums without everyone being informed. It would at least be nice to give feedback on ideas before they become reality.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I'd appreciate more feedback before big things happen, but that isn't so much about organising the mods into seperate groups than about people giving ample warnings here about changes so we all get a say.

That's what this forum is here for. To keep the foum running smoothly. That requires us to know what's going on, and to be informed.

BUT: It hasn't been at all bad even up until this point. I like the way this forum is run currently, and while it may neeed to be changed later, giving a little more notice to changes doesn't require an overhaul of the forums. That kind of thing is best saved until (or if) we become the official forums.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

i agree with the monkey!

the forums SEEM to be fine now, but remember oh not so long ago past when we had about 5 people leave (and come back) to the catastrophe caused by poor discipline?

my plan would be as such

1. delete unnessecary forums/merge them, we do not need a bestine cantina or EP 3 forum anymore, they can be gone

2. assign moderators to a task, 1 moderator to every forum, 2-3 on the large forums, and a few mods/admins on news updates

3. stop handing out moderating powers and the like as gifts to people, if it is for essential people ( Delphi and other game workers) that is acceptable, but for instance, dummy, he has had no posts or at less than 5 and we do not know who he is.

4. enforce the moderators power, if a moderator is gone for like 3 months, kindly relieve him of his duties, assign a replacement, and if he comes back and proves himself again, he can regain those powers

5. new forums and moderators should be voted on by the current admins and moderators, i did not see a PM or even a thread about electing nevets abnd popcorn to moderator status, not saying they shouldnt be here, but major changes should be voted by all

and hell, if anyone should go to make the forums better and more efficent, i will be the first one to step down and relieve my moderator powers since i hardly use them and i got here on a whim by ghostly and cain, so if we want to make these forums better and to prevent another troll/spam outbreak, we should at least take these recommendations to heart

another question

megajames is still here, it appears he has a new IM and we should come up with diffrent tatics to ensure people who are banned should stay banned, until they PM or contact us and tell us how they can reform and be allowed to post again.

phew, okay, my views are over, now its up to you to reflectupon how well you want the forum to be run

PS when i mean leave, i mean shadowing also

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Well then I asked what our roles were and why we became moderators but you guys didn't care and just let the topic die. Now your crying about it like a little baby, make up your minds. Lets go back to how Cain has set things up and we get our own little section.

I'll PM Cain and see what to do.

Well then I asked what our roles were and why we became moderators but you guys didn't care and just let the topic die. Now your crying about it like a little baby, make up your minds. Lets go back to how Cain has set things up and we get our own little section.

I'll PM Cain and see what to do.

when did you post it? i have not seen one ever on these forums and just addressing the problems, and solutions, not just whining

also, i just looked at the forum, didnt see any thread in here that talks about your topic

ghostly, that topic was well over 2 and 3 weeks old, and got buried. the only people who have seen it and rememberhave been like you, the monkey, darkmark, marcus and cain. but also, this topic is addressing the topic in more detail, not just some gueswork like in yours, but it doesnt matter who posted what, we just need to decide on a course of action and follow throgh on it

I read my own posts there and theres more to it then meets the eye.

I also PMed Cain to see if we can go back to the old ways and stop all these crazy posts in both here and the General Chat.

I remember it, but I didn't post because I got to it late and feel as I do now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I feel that this is just a bit of anxiety now we have new mods that things need to be spruced up. I felt the same way when I joined and felt I needed to do something to make the news forum unique and active etc. It's a temporary feeling, probably based on the time of year, and I'd hate to see the forums all reorganised at a busy time of year all for nothing.

On Gen.Vader's points:

1) This probably should have been done long ago, but it's not doing any harm as it is. Clearing this up wouldn't take 15 minutes I wouldn't have thought.

2) Same view as before. People assigned to under-active areas would still post in the ones most active. The only reason to assign areas would be if Mods are coming into conflict over their modding preferences. Since we don't generally have different modding styles it hardly seems worth it. Would cause more conflict than it's worth at this stage.

3) Or just reorganise what we already have into better sub sections. Mods should be mods. Devs, in a new Devs selection. VIP - VIP selection... you get the idea. Dummy is a bot to back up the forums. Ghostly keeps saying. I wonder why nobody seems to listen.

4) I'm headed away over christmas because back home I have to pay stupid amounts for the time I'm online (pay as I go). I don't want to be kicked because of that. Got me? So I figure you've got to be sensible with who you get rid of. For example: Marcus should stay despite his absence, because he has genuine reasons. That DarthScharnhorst guy could probably be reduced to normal status. You can't just reassign people who come back bear in mind. If you quit your job and are replaced in real life, the likelihood of getting that job back again is near to none. Same rules apply. It's not as clear cut as you might like it.

5) People did get the chance to voice their opinions. There was no poll, but people recommended Popcorn and Nevets. If anyone had a problem with that they had plenty of time to post a thread here. No one did. Therefore the fault lies squarely with you, should you have had one. I fully support the decision Cain made, especially since many of the mods recommended them and he probably based his decision on that.

Ok. That's my closing arguement on this front for today. My final words of wisdom before I sleep are clear. If I find the forums all screwed up in the morning I won't be a happy bunny. :roll:

Here is what I have to say about your points gen. vader:

1. Any unneccisary forums should be deleted, but I think in the news forum you should post a thread explaining to anyone why they were closed. The closing of the Bestine Cantina for example, I had no clue why it closed, it was there one day and gone the other.

2. Like Darkmark said, mods will always want to post on the more popular forums so im not sure how this would work out. I think the moderation is fine right now.

3. I dont have any real comment on this.

4. I agree with this, if a mod doesnt do his job s/he should be relived of duties.

5. Now I do have to say that there was a thread discussing me and Nevets mod-ship. Here's a link:

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1283

Again, like dark mark said we were voted upon by current mods and admins in this thread, they recommended me and nevets. This thread was also here in the Maw installation for quite some time as well, giving anyone a chance here to discuss this issue in private.

>About banning: I think we should set up a system, were we at least PM a user before banning them. Im sure this is done most of the time, but we should make a standard "You have been warned" message with a section outlining what the user did wrong. It also may help to make two sticky topics in the Maw, outlining who has been banned and for what. And the other topic outlining who has been warned and for what. We have something like this in place over at the Lucasforums that seems to help a lot.

well theres my 2 cents.

> LucasForums Moderator

too bad that didnt stop megajames...

but i see where you guys are coming from, i just dont want us adding so many mods that the title is meaningless and i want to prevent another spam outbreak that is all.

Ages Ago I remeber some members of the forum addressing that topic. That there were too many Moderators. That the moderators were online more.....

I have come up with a plan for the forum. I will let you all decide if it is Suitable.

As Ghostly is an Admin he is exempt from being on the Register.

News Forums: Little.B and Siddus

General Discussion: All Mods and Devs

EAW Previews: Gen.Vader and Nevets

EAW Military Academy: Foshjedi2004, Marcus, Vader89 & Dev. Group

Feedback

P-02- Developers and Admins

NMA- Members of NMA only

Bar- All Mods

Game Events - All Mods

Master of Games - Gen.Vader and another

Mods, Designs and Concept Arts- FoshJedi2004, Stellar_Magic and Juggernaut1985

Star Wars Fan-Fiction- Stellar Magic and Darkmark

Star Wars Discussion- Foshjedi2004 and another

Special Forums= Admins

Maw= Admins only

Clan= Gen.Vader, Foshjedi2004 and Darkmark.

Wow... :D

I've been a bit away and Fosh is starting a revolution.

Will see what can be done. And Fosh you worry your self too much. All that is done is done for the benefit of us all.

You did knew that we tried hard to back up this forum in the past, etc.

I really don't know whats the issue here but I agree with 2 moderators per one forum. originally it was like this until cain informed me that the moderators (Fosh) want it the other way. So now they want it back / ok.

When the list wil be final GS will submit it for approval to the admin section.

Until then / people calm down pls.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

As it stands Fosh, I prefer your list to the demo one Ghostly has at present. Before anyone reminds me Ghostly's is a WIP, I'm aware of that, I just think Fosh's seems better designed to cater to people's talents better, and since the other topic is locked I feel this is the best place to say that.

HOWEVER: I would prefer not to see any changes at all in terms of modding specific areas. It seems a bit redundant and more based on people all getting hyped up (I don't know why, maybe because it's a bad time of year or because we have new mods. Either way, the sooner it's over the better.) than anything rational.

I don't like dividing the forum up between moderators. I think the way it is now is best, because if you divide up forums and a certain moderator isnt online, than users can get away with breaking the rules and other mods wont be able to take action if necessary. The way it is now seems to work just fine.

> LucasForums Moderator