New Gamespot preview

SirNuke

To answer a question asked by Wiking on the other (locked) thread of topic, cannon fodder means exactly what you said: Cheap (or even free) infantry units that can only slow down enemies in case of emergencies.

Can moderators combine threads? I just thought that maybe the other thread could be combined into this one. You know, so the posts could be seen and all...

Go Leafs go!

Can moderators combine threads? I just thought that maybe the other thread could be combined into this one. You know, so the posts could be seen and all...

Yeah I was thinking about this, I gonna see what I can do ;)

I just wasn't sure if this kind of unit was implemented into the game...if it is, cool! :D

Well, they used the word cannon fodder, and surely you have seen the video in the new EaW site where a small group of Ewoks hopelessy throw rocks at Rebels, only to be slaughtered seconds later. I think that pretty much answers the question.

Go Leafs go!

A brief visit from Darth Vader and a few TIE-bombing runs later, the shield generator was no longer around to defend the Rebel base, and we were able to claim victory (and we even had an opportunity to watch Darth Vader choke a petty officer to death with his mind in the following cinematic scene).

do they mean render-sequences with this?

I sure do hope so, since we won't get movies with real actors and i sure don't want ingame sequences which look as crappy as C&C Generals.