Leaving the Forum for a while.

Foshjedi2004

I am sorry guys but I need to go to sort out my Head, I have just got so pissed off with the Nexus-NMA debate that I need a little time to cool down. Also the fact that this forum is becoming too much like LEC has forced my hand in the matter.

See you in a few weeks.

If you want to get in touch go to Nexus or the LoW forums.

Bye

Foshjedi2004

Superior Mind and Wit.

PFF Moderator, Legacy of War: Co-leader

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Cain has just been a little overenthusiastic. Give him awhile to calm down.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Guess your right Steller since i've been seeing people get all hyped up or very depressed this year. Must be something in the air. Well enjoy your time off well Fosh since theres no need to get stressed out.

its always good to have a cool down time, we will try to keep this vessel running and shipshape!

ALERT ALERT

TROLLERS FOUND IN BAY DOORS 3 AND 12!!!!

get to it men! seal down the hatches! lock the doors! women and children first! we must not let them reduce this forum to nothing!

anywho, after that debacle, things will sort itself......

uner our IRON FIST!

bwahahahaha

I've have you now - Lord Vader

The time of year is getting to everyone. Even I thought about giving up my position so I could concentrate on work in the real world, and the influx of immature blood to the forums isn't a help.

Hope the break does you good Fosh. In the meantime, I'll do my best to keep up the British side of the forums... what, what. Tally ho, etc... :roll:

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Guys, all of this is "normal" and will get worse with time.

On our forums (on eaw-fr.com / swg-fr.com ) we have more than 9,000 members, arround 800,000 posts/year I can say we know the "noob way of life".

Keep in mind PFF are "forums where Devs post" , PFF are "biggest forums about EaW" , we're attractive. That's why more and more people , and so, more and more damns guys actings as kids will come here.

Two choices : we let this like now. Forums will grow fastly but we'll loose people who gonna have the same problem as Fosh. I think you can guess it would be first "quality" members who will leave soon. Then, devs won't post anymore, no interest, PFF team will move somewhere else and the story will start again.

Or, we have to organize PFF team. Most used forums must have a big warning and a tutorial.

Warning : "Each post with repetitive,spam etc etc. will be delete immediately" . If guys complains, you ban because we have to keep order with thousands of mesages. And a tutorial, because we aren't Tyrans. A tutorial about the "search" feature.

It can seem a little "hard" although I think it may be more natural for Anglo-Saxon mind to be a little "straight' .

To do this, we need 2 or 3 people, real moderators, to filter GD forum and screen forum.

To handle a big forums is not easy at all, we had to make difficult choices on ours, I just hope PFF will keep conviviality and a good atmosphere where Fans from whole the world will be able to gather on.

One more thing !

There is something I really don't like PFF. Some of you have problems with stickies and annoucements and stick any post anywhere.

I think it's one a the reasons that make forums like GD one not a very clean one.

Even this post, why an annoucement ? Take Fosh during your cool down time, but it's not the end of the world and I don't think annoucement was really necessary ;)

man, it seems the forum has become all dramatic as of late,

suddenly, from out of nowhere, trollers and spam and other fiends have descended on the peace of the PFF, slowly making it swell with an abundance of posts already testing the patience of its moderators....then internal disputes...and then.....

the most awful thing of all discovered by me.......

EAW has been delayed.......

DUN DUN DUN!

humor 101 for the humorless :P

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Hey guys! Sorry i havn't been around much, i've been pretty busy lately, but i'll try to come on more often. I just saw the new site, damn it blew my mind away. Why can't it be febuary now? lol.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

I think that in the end we will have to create another GD. One were you need permisssion.

I've seen this before - a subforum were you need permission to post. It seems to be the only solution at this time.

As for the sticky topics that should not be sticky well that should no longer happen now.

Anyway Fosh - you still get me rung - but of course if you need time to "cool down" its ok. When you will return you will welcomed back to your old job with open arms.

The so called problems betwen the NMA and Nexus are not actually problems but much more a need to know each other.

Ok I need to know how we should name the special new elite GD forum ?

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I do not agree with your idea Cain, it won't help us to handle the "free" GD and what will be this "premium" forum ? a copy from the first one ?

It's not inreresting and quite stupid.

Siddus we do try to find solutions to this problems : We are faced with spammers and some of the moderators decide to leave and feel happy with the "Exodus begins stuff".

Loosing some of our important people due to spammers that were too much for them really pisses me of.

We will not make a new GD.

We will ban any spammer that fails to comply with the first warning.

CAIN!!!

You have taken me and Juggernaut from the Moderator's group again!! I said We are back. We will not be leaving the forum as we see you have done something about the spammers that were pissing me off. But Why have you demoted me to just the Moderator for PFF clan??

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

:arrow: Fosh ...what can I say - you confused the heck out of me.

:arrow: I will personally follow all of your actions and try to see if all this was really a mistake.

:arrow: Until then you fate will stay with Ismael.

I do not agree with your idea Cain, it won't help us to handle the "free" GD and what will be this "premium" forum ? a copy from the first one ?

It's not inreresting and quite stupid.

Siddus we do try to find solutions to this problems : We are faced with spammers and some of the moderators decide to leave and feel happy with the "Exodus begins stuff".

Loosing some of our important people due to spammers that were too much for them really pisses me of.

We will not make a new GD.

We will ban any spammer that fails to comply with the first warning.

Yeah we're trying to find solutions but having a new GD is not a solution. I saw the topic about recruiting new moderators. I don't think it's a good idea for the moment because we are not organized. This is the key.

Bigedmond

Darkmark

DarthScharnhorst

EvilleJedi

Gen.Vader

JediIgor

Joshinator

uggernaut1985

Lord_Scud

MyZrael

PirateChiken

Seewolf

Siddus

Stellar_Magic

Steve

Vader89

ZerOGrAviTy

Here is the list of PFF moderators. I think you should first move LEC guys to the groupe "EAW developpeurs" or create a group "EAW testers" to clean this list. Then you have to wonder : "Who is doing what ?"

->Darkmark and Siddus are handling news and welcome office for example.

After doing this, you simply choose 3 guys who will moderate actively the four "Empire at War" forums. Then two more guys to check the Bar and games & Mod sections. Other people shouldn't be moderator.

Guest JediIgor

Stop complaining so much, your custom rank is probably letting you in here. I'm fine with LEC/EAW staff being in moderator group, we don't need for them to be getting a zillion PMs, cause then they'd probably stop responding to them completely, *or* we'd have to disable PMs for them. No thanks.

What we could do is boot all the inactive moderators from the group.. that would work well.

i disagree with the whole ask for permission thing, let ppl post freely, if they mess that up...suspend them.

I tend to agree.. having registration as a requirement already deters most of the big idiots.

Siddus I tried organizing what role we do but nobody wanted to and just roamed the forums unorganized. I'm not saying i'm the best but I only asked what our roles were in this forum. Damn Marcus, we should go back to the system were couple people view over a certain forum. For good measure have 3 people in a forum section so no spammers go loose and we do the job we do best.

Example: Me, Fosh, Steller_magic look over official media and General chat for example.

Then Gen.Vader,Darkmark, Garbageben(if accepted) would look over the General Chat

For those that were here early (before the 100 people mark) You would know that it was set up like that and that seems better since people now seem unorganized.

If you look back about 10-12 threads I proposed such a strategy. But Cain Rebutted me. I believe that if the staff of the NMA controlled the NMA and a modding section. The Holonet News Staff controls the News Forums and The EAW preview section. Thus allowing the other Forums to be divided up.

Everyone Is a Moderator in the Bar. That makes sense as it allows everyone to control the Spam Count. I propose that we delete some of the Spam threads that have cropped up in that forum. I admit that many of us will take a large loss in the amount of posts we have but it will allow us to calm down the section.

I also propose we get rid of the Bestine Cantina. Sorry Ghostly but I really don't see the point of it.