What is wrong with reviving topics?

Nevets

That is just nazi moderating in my opinion. I don't see what is wrong with that, especially for those new to the community, why can't they have their say on a topic they weren't here to discuss? And at this moment we don't have exactly a lot to talk about, so why not revive some old threads.

I would rather have that than a bunch of new ones on the same subject. I have thought about posting a new topic before, but looked it up first, found some sometimes and put my input on the subject there.

I dont know whats up with Jugger and Fosh but well............ I kind of know whats up with them since they dont want to discuss topics that have been. Go ahead just dont revive too many at a time. Maybe its just waiting for EAW maddness kicking in :roll:

I think it's the one sentence post to an old thread which doesn't contribute to it. Like saying 'Yeah I agree' to a thread that's well over three months old. I can see how that'd get annoying fast. Having said that, I do agree with you on the revival of old ones over making repeat topics. Repeating topics in a new thread when we've already made our arguements elsewhere seems unnecessary.

Still, I believe Juggernaut and Fosh know what they're doing. If it really gets out of hand I'm sure there will be discussion on the matter, but as it is now, they're just maintaining the forum as they see fit. No point interferring over such a small issue at present.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Fosh is alrite, no offense to jug, but he seems like kind of a control freak.

but then what is the point of keeping old treads and not deleting them? The whole point is to keep them around so that they can be revived.

Yeah, this is why I stay out of General Discussion and rarley go here anymore. That and some of the newer people are getting to me in a annoying way. The Cantina and the Games section are my home now! And if we could get anything going in the Clan forum, that'd be nice too.

The point of keeping the threads is so you can review them, not revive them.

If the subject is dead and buried already, then leave it at that. Don't start kicking the dead horse. Especially not with "I agree". :P

Another point is, if too many people start reviving old threads then the new threads would drown out. This isn't an immediate risk, but it could eventually happens.

Now, sometimes it is worth reviving old threads, I agree on that. It's a balancing thing really. In general it's frawned upon, but sometimes it's necessary.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

I have trouble seeing how that is any worse than people creating the same topic and having just one sentence for a post. For example, how many SSD threads do we have in the General Discussion? At my last count it was three, but more may have been added or remove since then.

There is a difference between necroposting and reviving.

necroposting is usually in a negative context, bringing threads back with just simple "bumps" or "i agree" posts. Those shouldn't happen.

Reviving is usually in a positive context. "man you reallt revived that one".

and I don't think we will have to worry with old treads drowning out new ones, the only reason threads were being revived is because we don't have any new ones. If we did then I don't think we would have any problem with this and if there were old ones and wuld only be occasional and probably for the best.

He did have some adding to topics, but I think he just wanted to participate, he was clearly reading through all our old treads. I think the problem here is not making thought out topics, not reviving old threads.

I have trouble seeing how that is any worse than people creating the same topic and having just one sentence for a post. For example, how many SSD threads do we have in the General Discussion? At my last count it was three, but more may have been added or remove since then.

Adding more threads into the mix that died months ago, doesn't really help.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Exactly. If people feel the need to comment on something, they should take the two minutes it takes to go through the archieve to find a related post. After going through that and they still feel the need to post let them. Its better than posting up new threads on old topics and re-treading the sme ground.

I dont know whats up with Jugger and Fosh but well............ I kind of know whats up with them since they dont want to discuss topics that have been. Go ahead just dont revive too many at a time. Maybe its just waiting for EAW maddness kicking in :roll:

Lol, the problem being that when a topic gets revived more than once it kinda gets annoying trying to explain your position many, many times. Im seeing threads pop up that have been around longer than i have. :roll: lol

lol yeah thats is the problem noone replies at the time you post then they question you bout it ages later and you just dont remember what u said.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!