Venting from Chat

Juggernaut1985

When I was at the chat yesterday and looking back at the answers I'm just amazed how short its falling of my own expectations and probably many others. Can't do simultanous battles(multi-prong assaults) and you can't even go to galactic map and summon forces to help you battle in tactical. Also if you kill a hero he'll be back.

We know the Galactic is RTS, no problem there but my real disappointment comes from the pausing of the Galactic so the player can focus on the tactical. Thats fine for newbies nad such who don't have the multi-tasking skill necessary to conduct a large assault but why not have an option to set the game so its ALL real time so the people who like complex things(like me) get what they want but at the same time a newbie can have the option to have what its going to be when the game comes out. To me this would be a good thing to add so if 2 people are playing and one player makes an assault on Planet X and then seconds later decides that he needs reinforcements then he'll be able to summon them.

ALso another big thing I saw is that we know heroes can come back? What is that all about. If I kill a hero by using the Death Star he shouldn't be showing up later. This "feature" seems to put too much focus on the hero like in the Warcraft games so all you need to do is focus on using your heroes which seems to be very contrary to the whole goal of dominating the galaxy using your troops and ships. I'd be willing to bet that there will be players who just amass Hero armies and if any of them die, no consequence, maybe some time and money before they are back but no real consequence. I can understand if the emperor came back(he has clones afterall) but what about the others? I'm sure they don't have clones to go to.

Sorry but it seems this game is more suited to the newbie and doesn't offer the depth that many of us have come to expect from the words "Star Wars RTS"

Well the only part i'm worried about is how powerful the heroes will be since if they are like Warcraft 3 (3 hero army) then i'll be turned off like I did when I first got Warcraft 3. I build an army like usual but a hero comes along and destroys my hard earned army and I kill his hero but it comes back. Yes one second of a missing unit could effect the game but if a hero is killed it should stay dead unless its a droid or a clone. Thank god for the 0 respawn code but there should really be a on off button for that :|

Well for me theres nothing to get dissapointed about since it has(I know this is a negative rant thread but just saying):

:arrow: Space battles and map (One effects the other), Units that are helpful, Units evolve properly, AI resources for you, Pop depends on the planets you have (But what if you have more planets then then opponent? You could easily finish the ai/person off), Planets would rebel against the capture, You can play on water planets with water units also, you chose what missions to do, you can mod the game to add more or less planets and multiplayer is fun, renaming ships

What this could have had:

:arrow: Timeline should have gone to Endor +, Heroes should stay head unless clone or droid, on/off switch to some of the things, and the things Jugger was complaining about.

:arrow: I agree with you there Ghostly. I dislike, hate is too strong a word, Hero Orientated armies. I mean look at Dawn of War, the Force Commander and the Librarien can take out vast Swathes of the Enemy without any damage to themselves as they regenerate.

:arrow: I am also annoyed that the timeline seems to not go up to endor. However certain answers in the Chat lead me to believe that there is a few massive :wink: units that we have yet to see!!!

:arrow: I am annoyed that you cannot call in reinforcements during a battle. I would love to be able to call in a smaller mobile fleet if my main body was assaulted, doing the Thrawn Pincer.

:arrow: I am very angry that there are NO custom Formations. That means we cannot set the fleet to do any well known Maneuvers. I was waiting to do the Ackbar Slash and loads of other maneuvers. NOW we can't. Bit of a let down.

Eh well it can't be helped. I think it means that there will be quite a few extra Mods to add in stuff missing from the game. Hopefully there will be a Petroglyph expansion to add in all of the stuff missing from the game anyway.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg