AOE3

Vader89

I want to know what major advantages this game has over other AOE games and even other games in the genre. I have played the original i think. I remember it had like 20 different 'races' more like cultures i suppose but they were all pretty similar. What does this game have to offer that is gonna make me want to want it. I asked someone who had it but they couldnt give me a definitive answer. Christmas is coming up so i was thinking of putting it on my christmas list, but i really dont see the major highlights of the game, my thanks to anyone who can help me out.

they have narrowed it down to like 8 races or so, instead of the whopoing 16 clones.

the home city idea is cool, its like special powerups you can get when you get enough experience, and it stays with you from time to time

those are the 2 big highlights for me , and its aroun 17th to 19th century americas

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Well I remembered a game made by Ubisoft and its called "Settlers" so heres what the game looks like and compare it to AOE 3

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Screenshot.aspx?pId=1095&sId=6186

It looks the same almost and well its making me think Microsoft is like EA games.

Ah, good old "Die Siedler". I have tears in my eyes when I see what they did to one of my favorite games over the years. The game become worse and worse. A sad story...

And refering to AoE3: I don't like it. AoE 2 is still way better. But that is my oppinion. And I know that many people do not agree ;)

• 2 weeks later...
AOE3 is one of my favorite RTS games, unfortuantly my computer is too inferior for such a game so I play at my friend's house, perhaps the best RTS i have ever played