Bombers

RogueCommander

After watching most of the clips bombers look like they do alot of damage. My main concern is that can bomber runs on a planet be spammed?If they can be I think it would ruin gameplay since whoever controls the space won't even have to mount a large attack force but instead overrun the opponent with squads of bombers. Comments?Opinions?

I think there will be a cooldown between bombing runs. So you can fix damage, set up good AA defences or try and smash the enemy so they no longer send bombers.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Similar to when a planetary defender sends his (losing) forces into a suicide mission to destroy the invader's transports during a space battle, it would probably be very profitable to destroy as many bombers as possible for the same reason: making a ground invasion of your world a living hell for the invader. ;)

remember the people who are making this game made the c&c games, chances are they'll do something similar to what they did and worked in the past, which is...........cool down and lots of AA guns

-Sithxace

EaW.net Moderator

remember the people who are making this game made the c&c games, chances are they'll do something similar to what they did and worked in the past, which is...........cool down and lots of AA guns

I guess you could think of it like the A-10 strike in CnC Generals I think it was. It took some time to recharge and the A-10s could be shot down (at least I think so).

After watching most of the clips bombers look like they do alot of damage. My main concern is that can bomber runs on a planet be spammed?If they can be I think it would ruin gameplay since whoever controls the space won't even have to mount a large attack force but instead overrun the opponent with squads of bombers. Comments?Opinions?
You can probably build intercepter air craft.

I guess you could think of it like the A-10 strike in CnC Generals I think it was. It took some time to recharge and the A-10s could be shot down (at least I think so).

Oh yeah they could. The same thing with the A-10 strike in the original C&C. They could take a fair bit of punishment, but they went down after awhile.

AA-gun could be made more realistic by doing something very simple: Letting them miss and letting fighters take evasive maneuvers.

I have only one strategy game where anything missed it's target but really did try to hit it: Cavedog's "Total Annihilation". That is, to me, the best strategy game of all time because of the sheer diversity of the mechs, the true 3D terrain environments, and the fact that a battle could take more than seconds because bombs, rockets and missiles could actually miss their target.

I don't think there will be planetary bombardment. It just gives too much of an advantage to the invaders. I think they will be sticking to just bomber attacks.

Yes. Planetary bombardments would make the Death Star pointless, and it would give the attacker a huge advantage-all they have to do is win the space battle and then they can kill everything on the ground with their Star Destroyers or other capital ships.

I think bombers will have a time limit, but it also is a strategy for the defenders in space to kill all of the enemy bombers with faster fighters. That's what I will do to stop the bombers.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Guest JediIgor
Well that's too bad.. because I thought shields are supposed to protect against that, which is why you'd have to send in a ground force (to take out the shields).

I guess we'll just have to mod it so that Planetary Bombardment and "Realisitic" Shielding is in the game... :wink:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke