Ever had proof your games hate you?

TSKNF

I do. My copy of winter assualt's graphics started going funky...so I un-installed it to try and fix the problem, but only when I tried to re-install it I saw I needed the keycode from the back of the manual, and Ive lost my manual. :cry::(:?:x:shock::evil:

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Ouch. When I got Battlefield 1942 anthology set, it would get 99% complete and screw up on one of the maps killing the enitre installation. EA customer support refused to acknowledge anything was wrong with the game and said if "there is actually a problem, you should buy another copy and try that." Hence, the only company that I hold more of a grudge towards it Sierra for customer support. And when I mean company, mean overall, not just video games.

Yes my Battlefield 2 decided to strike since I haven't played it since August :( I deleted the folder but i'll try installing it if possible. Oh it kept on saying folder not found so what em I supposed to do........

At some point you deleted something wrong. Try one more thing, though I highly doubt it will work since you've deleted the files folder. Go to start, Settings, Control Panel, Add or Remove Software, and find Battlefield 2 and press the remove button. If that doesn't work (which it probably won't) then you must re-formatt your computer to completely remove BF2 and re-install it.

• 4 weeks later...
Another proof of a game that hates me is San Andreas since it didn't like me cheating for hidden packages so it decided to give the land a blue look to it and objects load slower and then the game just crashes and the PS2 cant read it.

I remember a story on SWR where a guy talked about how his copy of Star Wars Rebellion hated him. Without editing the Empire appeared over Yavin IV 80 some days into the game with a fleet including two SSDs and support ships. I guess his copy got sick of being beaten all the time. :wink:

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Civ 4.

The Americans which was a Random AI out teched and outclassed both me and Garbageben. Even when I was nice to the American AI it kept on sabotaging my resources and mine alone. I didn't say a word nothing and Garbageben was just playing and learning while I was being attacked like a nutcase. Both of us attacked the AI and well I resigned since it was a hopeless situation.

I guess the AI got fed up and used the strongest Civ to beat me at Civ 4, Revenged from Rise of Nations into Civ 4 to kick both our butts since I kept on killing off the AI in every skirmish maps.

this one time i was playing dynesty warriors for the psp i was kicking ass and taking names when all of a sudden all most half of the map turn in to the enamy and charge me and all my guys (fun as hell) i killed like 60 of them before they killed me

this other time i was playing rome total war i had a army of 500 men with my king going to spain when i got ambush from 3 sides and engage from be hind of a army of 2000 so in total it was a 4000 5 army free for all lol

sorry for my bad bad grammer my skills are in games and reading books

• 3 weeks later...

After watching "Band of Brothers" I want to control a squad again BUT I cant find my Brothers in Arms game. This sucks you know. Back to finding my game again.............(Swears heavily).

edit: I searched all over my room where it could of been but all I found was the DVD box cover :(

In Medieval Total War, I spent 30 turns and a lot of money building the buildings I needed to make pikemen. Once the last building was done, I still couldn't get pikemen!(pikemen are one of the best units in the game). On top of that, then the pope excommunicated me and I got attacked by everyone else!!! :evil:

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

On my old computer, Medal of Honor was stuck on it much like BF2 was stuck on Ghostlys computer, I had to reinstall my WinXp for it to work again. Thankfully I dont have that problem anymore on the new computer.

Games that hate me? Well, I'm not having that problem at the moment. Even in Civ 4, and Brothers in Arms. I wont even go into how easy CoD2 is. The only game that really doesnt like me has to be Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion..then again its my fault for playing the Western Empire and trying the best to hold it together.

• 3 weeks later...

Here we go. Now that I've been playing SH3 in depth I've got a new story to add to the annals of the game hating me. I decided after a rather dull run. It still being rather early in the war and all and its not like there are massive convoys for me to hit...anyway..I purposely decide not to flank it since I want to conserve my fuel for a run on Scapa Flow. For those of you who have no fucking clue what I'm talking about here's a brief rundown.

SH3=Silent Hunter 3, puts you in command of one of the German Kriegsmaine's U-boats during the second World War.

Scapa Flow= Major northern British naval base for the entirety of the war.

I'm coming the western side of Ireland about 600km out when I run into a storm rounding the northern tip of Scotland. I figure, its a good omen because this means British fighters, and bombers wont be able to spot me, and believe me, those Hawker Hurricanes have gotten too close for comfort more than any number of times. So my U-boat is crusing the surface (since its faster than traveling underwater thanks to the limited life of the batteries in the VIIB class of U-boats and their overall lack of power) when I switch over to the nagivators map to plot out my course and figure out if I'm going to do a complete four spread of torpedos or if I want to take my time and line up my shots. I'm not paying attention to whats going on, and granted the weather is horrible. My lookouts even my best look out fail to see the V&W class Destroyer traveling right infront of my bow..surprisingly the Destroyer didnt see me either. And then I realized I was going to hit the damn thing. BOOM, my nose crushes right up against the midsection of the destroyer and you can hear the aweful groan. Of course, the Destroyer pops on her search lights and I get one to the face. Now comes the frantic part of me screaming at my computer while I order an emergency dive. It takes about 15-20 seconds before my submarine(traveling backwards after I order an emergency reverse) and the fucker starts to shell me at close range. The conn room of my U-boat goes from the normal light to the dim red emergency lights, the water main breaks, luckly I'm not really taking on any water just yet.

Turning away from Scapa Flow I proceed to head back toward Kiel as fast as humanly possible. Of course with the occassion depth charge right on my ass. God I wish I had a screen shot of my U-boat just the moment its about to hit the Destroyer..talk about a once in a million stroke of bad luck.

Wow I see my Brothers In Arms comment is gone since its new. Well as I said before my BIA ran away from me and had to borrow someone elses but haven't played it yet because of Silent Hunter 3.

As for Silent Hunter 3 it doesn't want me to be perfect because my graphic card is a GeForce XFX 5200 but my computer says FX 5200.  ??? Once I had a ship torped and looked like money was comin out. Another time  I was looking at my maps Inside my submarine and not the ingame map and it was all anti-GeForce 5200 card. I can still play the game but fraps just leaves like an inch of breathing room left (With 6-10 frams per second which is still fast enough in my 4 movies  ;D