Re: Campaign

Gen.Vader

will the campaign be affected by the new features in EAW?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. will the campaign be affected by the new features in EAW?

• yes
    • 50/50
    • no

i have 1 question about campaign, its usually a cutscene, hten map, then cutscene and then next mission right?

how do you suppose the dynamics of eaw will change the campaign?

new things EAW brings are

- 2 battles for victory

- opponent moves at the same time you do, galatic map and otherwise,

-and about 40+ planets

will they fit all the planets in the campaign? like 20 rebel and 20 imperial?

I've have you now - Lord Vader

i have 1 question about campaign, its usually a cutscene, hten map, then cutscene and then next mission right?

No.

It will be more like, you start with a few planets on each side, then you look at the galactic map. As you look at the Galactic map, time goes forward. Exactly how fast I'm not sure, but 1 game minute will definatly not be the same lenght as a real minute.

You start building units, upgrade the installations you already have, start research, find some heroes perhaps, all this at the same time your opponment is doing the same thing. As you do this you should also start planing where you want to go to capture or convince a planet to join your cause. You move your forces around perhaps, setting up defensive positions for some, others you use for attack purposes.

Next, you might move 1 of your fleets to an enemy controlled planet. If there are enemy forces there, combat will ensue. If not, you will easily control the space above it. Now, there might be ground forces present. So if you want to capture the planet completelly, you will have to land your forces and engage in combat to drive them off.

Meanwhile, your opponment might have had similar thoughts, but in a different area, and he arrives at one of your planets minutes after you finished your ground attack (perhaps they were already enroute when you arrived at his planet). You have forces around that planet so you can defend against the enemy fleet. Etc ......

Forget everything you remember from games such as the Dune series, Warcraft, C&C, StarCraft .... this game is nothing like those. It's not liniar, you can lose a battle or retreat from it and then come back at a later date when you have more forces, etc......

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Keep in mind that we also have (optional) missions that will come up every now and then on the Galactic Map, that will reward us with a jump up the technology tree, free units, or even a new hero.

Keep in mind that we also have (optional) missions that will come up every now and then on the Galactic Map, that will reward us with a jump up the technology tree, free units, or even a new hero.

I think you have fallen victim to heavy speculation. No one has actually confirmed that, right? We've just somehow agreed that those "pop-up missions" exist.

Go Leafs go!

for your quote i was stating the typical campaign formula,niot what i expected EAW to be hence my question

Oooooooh, sorry, my bad.

I typed that really early before I went to work. :)

I thought you were under the impression that's how it was going to be. :)

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

His posts been deleted? Maybe I deleted it by mistake on page 10-11 that weren't used anymore :| Seriously if he posted in the topics I deleted back there that had important information then ..................*runs*

So much for trying to clean up the forums...........shoulda listened to Juggernaught (sp) and my excuse was a freezing boring day.

Back on topic, I meant to say yes but I see i'm sucking in poll clicking so I clicked 50/50. Maybe i'm just getting stressed out becaues my english teacher keeps assigning to much reading that I just dont give a crap. Sorry back on topic again. Yes these new features will effect the campaign since well for one you have land and space linked up and 2) Deathstar makes things go boom 3) planets you control + trade routes give you cold hard cash 4) Able to do what you want and chose which missions 5) rest i'm braindead on.

see will the campaign take more of a MMO aproach where missions are there for you to grab, but you dont have to do it?

they would have to make many alterable missions though, what if you killed vader in your first mission before the xwing mission? (i know EXTREME improbability)

I've have you now - Lord Vader

if they do have the optional missions, think of those missions like the ones in rome:totalwar, the senate gave u missions and if ya achieved it, you got the awards, if not, oh wel continue doing what u want

-Sithxace

EaW.net Moderator