Building a Base

Dorkthehunter

What do we get to build? This is primarely a question for Delphi or anyone that has played the game to anwer. What do we get to build for our base? Do we only get to place defences and only in certian places. Like in BFME--don't do it like that, it severely hurt the game! If one good defence is circulate throughout the world, everyone wil use it and it will not take much strategy--again, don't make the BFME mistake.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Well,I read that the larger buildings can only be placed in certain places, same for shield generators....But the defences...I think you will be able to build them anywhere you wan't, I mean, It would be bad if you can't build anti-vehiculal turrets, or anti-air turrets, or barriers anywhere you want! (The same for shield projectors, Ion Cannons, etc...)

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

well that gives us 40+bases to build each game AND units to manage AND space defences to build AND a war to fight ANd what ever else we don't know about yet i think a pre built base would be good or maybe they are randmloy placed each time. example: they are 5 possible tatooine ground maps the game randomly chosses one,so this way yes the maps would be familliar but u ouldn't know the map untill u fiught there so there would be no way to have an effective predetermined strategy.how bout that?

well that gives us 40+bases to build each game AND units to manage AND space defences to build AND a war to fight ANd what ever else we don't know about yet i think a pre built base would be good or maybe they are randmloy placed each time. example: they are 5 possible tatooine ground maps the game randomly chosses one,so this way yes the maps would be familliar but u ouldn't know the map untill u fiught there so there would be no way to have an effective predetermined strategy.how bout that?

Random-generated maps would be best. A new map would be generated each time the planet was taken, and It would be much more strategic than these 'learn every last little square inch of this non-changing map to win' crap like in WC3.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Random-generated maps would be best. A new map would be generated each time the planet was taken, and It would be much more strategic than these 'learn every last little square inch of this non-changing map to win' crap like in WC3.

i agree the never changing maps in blizzard games bugs me (lol ever play big game hunters zerg pwn all) the random thingy would work but they couldn't make it like AOE where the map is ALWAYS different cuz them how would the building be auto placed? meh this is all to complicated :roll:

i agree the never changing maps in blizzard games bugs me (lol ever play big game hunters zerg pwn all) the random thingy would work but they couldn't make it like AOE where the map is ALWAYS different cuz them how would the building be auto placed? meh this is all to complicated :roll:

I remember when I played the AOE3 demo..hadn't played an ensemble game for a while, and I was like "What the? The maps different than before! Oh wait, I forgot, random maps..."

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif