Hero Ships

Dorkthehunter

Fosh was that last remark pointed at me or at AT-AP? If it was at me, I only admit defeat in EU garbage knowledge.

Someone (Fosh, the king of EU garbage knowledge) needs to clear one thing up for me. If Vader's flagship before the Executor was the Devastator, then why haven't we seen it yet? Why have we only seen the Accuser? Just a coincidence or another example of Petro foolishness? (Meaning that the Accuser will make it in the game and the Devastator wont)

Go Leafs go!

The Devastator is an ISD mkI.

Up until the Executor came off the line, it served as Vaders flagship.

The Accusor is an ISD mkII and was one of 6-7 Imperator-Class ships serving in Vaders Death Squadron, along with various other smaller support ships.

But that's after ANH. ;)

I don't know the names of the 1-2 extra ship(s) which has been added into that fleet on the new DVD editions, but I know the 5 original ones:

Accusor

Adjudicator

Avenger

Tyrant

Stalker

I've heard the Devastator served in Death Squadron aswell.

Short history of the Accusor:

Star destroyer in Lord Vader's squadron during the Battle of Hoth; Admiral Piett transferred flag here after the Bespin incident when Vader returned to Coruscant aboard Executor. This ship was also present at the Battle of Endor, captured by the Rebel Alliance and renamed Emancipator. Participated in first and second battles of Borleias under Admiral Ragab. Saw action under Generals Calrissian and Antilles at the Battle of Calamari six years after Endor, destroying the Imperial flagship Allegiance before being consumed by Silencer-7. Lacked notches in its brim trenches, perhaps as a modification following the heavy damage sustained at Endor. Possibly in a ISD-III subclass.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

Bleh, I'm tired here, I posted the wrong history to the wrong ship :/

And no, the Avenger is Needa's ship.

I've fixed the short history of the Accusor.

Not as impressive as the Avenger though. :P

Dev's can't we get the Avenger as a Hero Ship instead? :D

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

my whole opinion with the hero units is that while it is a unique and neat thing to have on your ground forces, i dont think it should be a big thing for space battles too. Hearing people say this ship should be a her unit because it was vader's personal flagship or this becauxe its a revolutionary squadron. I think they should limit them to space battles, for instance this game is about creating our own outcomes and forces, so I say if you choose to have this ship be great and like a hero unit, put your best admiral/commander leading it, and if they do add the whole experience bonuses to ships, then have that be it too, then just rename the ship. I see rogue squadron being something that would fit fine, but home one or vader's flagship being one, i don't think it would fit good.

Another issue I have is respawning her units. I am totally against this, all it does is make the game feel more arcadish. Since this is a strategy game, use strategies. Such as positioning units, dont be stupit and have them attack first by themselves, ofcoarse they'll die. It'll add to the strategy to what your gonjna do without vader tec. I am totally aginst this.

Ofcoarse this is all my opinions.....

-Sithxace

EaW.net Moderator

I have no problem with rebuilding a hero ship as thats what real militarys do. i.e. During WWII when the carriers Hornet and Wasp were sunk, the U.S. Navy renamed two carriers they were building in honor of the fallen carriers.

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle