EA announces Command & Conquer 12-pack

tFighterPilot

A) I POSTED THIS ALREADY DAMMIT!!! Maybe I should just make the subject the thread name.... :roll:

B) Not everyone who worked on the C&C series works at Petro.

C) Its "cheap", not "cheep"

D) EA bought the series in entirely legal means, so by all means they can rape it in whatever way they deem suitable.

E) I for one am quite happy with this news consdering the original C&C's quit working on my computer and I want a XP compatible version.

Any idea of a cost yet? I wouldn't mind having them, but not if it straps me for cash. :roll:

Live on as little money as possible... that's the student way. :D

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Hey, that's not bad at all. I was expecting a much worse price. I'm quite likely to get that then.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Hello tFighterPilot welcome here :) and enjoy your time.

Cain told me that you didn't liked me much ... loll ... what can I say? your presence here proves me that he was rung...the past is the past anyway.

So thanks for the news / yes I also think that petroglyph should get something out of what was left from C&C but life is life and sometimes is not so fair.

Still we cannot say that petroglyph was not lucky and it seems that God is on their side. We should be all happy for EAW and P-02 / they will be both great games.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

Now I wanna slap myself for not knowing about this game until it was to late :'(

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/gs/news/001024/ra2_screen006.jpg

Troops with swimming rafts over them :P This would have gone great on the school computers but if I was forced to play it or was the last game to play I would of played Red Alert 2.

Ok, I F'ed that up. A C&C: RA 3 was hinted at when the first BFME was shipped.

Here is the site: http://www.planetcnc.com/redalert3/

... Having said that, we have a MAJOR announcement to make and we are making it exclusively to our long time C&C fans. This announcement is not going out to the press and it won't appear on the EA website or anywhere else online. We are very proud to announce that the team that brought you Command & Conquer Red Alert 2, Command & Conquer Yuri's Revenge, and Command & Conquer Generals has officially started work on our next project set in the Red Alert universe!...

...Thanks again for all your support over the years. This entire team is incredibly excited to work on the next Command & Conquer chapter. Look for an official announcement soon and have a wonderful holiday.

Mark Skaggs

VP and Executive Producer

Electronic Arts

Now the site I got this from also listed some other intresting things about this:

EA has, since then, made no official announcement, though there have been numerous developments - both negative and positive - that could have impacted the production of Red Alert 3.

In early March of 2005, GameSpy reported that Mark Skaggs, the man who originally announced RA3 to the fans, was taking an extended leave of absence from Electronic Arts for family reasons.

A few days later, Dustin Browder, a member of the design team for Battle for Middle-Earth, Generals, and Red Alert 2, announced that he was leaving EA to join Blizzard. Two more former Westwood employees soon followed: Adam Isgreen and then Chris Rubyor (who identified himself as being a Red Alert 3 Game Designer) both left to join ex-Westwood colleagues at Petroglyph Studios to work (presumably) on the company's upcoming Star Wars RTS game.

A month later, in an interview with GameSpy, Louis Castle, one of the founders of Westwood Studios - and one of the very few former Westwood Studios people who are still at EA - indicated that a new C&C game, faithful to the original storyline, is in the works:

We are dedicated to Command & Conquer products, and with each one we will look to make sure and match the most appropriate fiction to the gameplay benefits we feel the market will be most excited about. We are currently working on something new -- it's in the early stages of concept development -- and we are currently considering our many options. It's not unusual during the genesis of a game to start leaning towards one concept but then find that the gameplay lends itself to something else -- we've already taken the concept in a new and exciting direction that is vastly different than what we initially proposed. Whatever we do, though, I can promise that we will be faithful to the story presentation set in previous products and we hope to build upon that fiction.

Furthermore, Mr. Castle also said that a formal announcement for the EA RTS team's next game was going to be made sometime in the summer of 2005. For now, we can do little but wait.

Ok we should seriously burn EA headquarters and i'm not joking. As much as it means getting arrested I really want to burn their headquarters for making good things bad.

On the bright side more ex-westwood developers fled from EAs grasp and making EA looks like a fool ;) Joining Blizzard also, nice we'll have some nicer RTS from their side also. EA brought this against themselves :P

i swear.....

if they ruin my precious RA universe there will be hell to pay

HELL TO PAY!

and ghostly, please tell me you have played red alert? or were you meaning red alert for ps1?

red alert as always FTW!

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Well I am trying to get the collecters edition but not right now. I asked my friend for it but I think his comment was he lost it or something, i'll ask tomorrow for Red Alert and 2 again unless any of you want to send me a ripped copy so I dont support those greedy EA.