It appears that the trench run is a scripted event.

Teradyn_pff

From the new video, that I finally got to see because I came home for lunch, it appears that when the death star is destroyed that it will be a cinematic event and not a regular unit action. This makes me wonder about my questions about the DS being treated as a regular unit with reguard to hardpoints and regular attacks (turbolasers and ion cannons).

Did anyone else see vader's tie close to the end there? I rewound it a couple of times to make sure because at first I thought it was a Tie Interceptor, but oh well.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Did anyone else see vader's tie close to the end there? I rewound it a couple of times to make sure because at first I thought it was a Tie Interceptor, but oh well.

Haha, yea I just posted that in the trailer thread. Didn't see you have already brought it up.

I dunno I'm one of those people that likes to have control over certain things in a game, instead of clicking and then the deathstar explodes, battles over, I would like a little bit more of a challenge.
I strike again!

Yeah, it might just be the "battle camera" in action, which would naturally focus on the DS's impending doom rather then some Corvette getting pounded by bombers.
Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

I am sure that if that was in-game, that the battle camera would naturally focus on the final shot and the death. It just seemed like the detonation was a bit too like the redone movie shot, and not an ingame cinematic or footage. Who knows, was pretty nonetheless.

now that I watch the movie again it might have been just for trailer purposes, theres no ion cannons moving or firing as it shows the trench run and if it was a cinimatic scene they could at least add cannon fire in the background.
I strike again!

now that I watch the movie again it might have been just for trailer purposes, theres no ion cannons moving or firing as it shows the trench run and if it was a cinimatic scene they could at least add cannon fire in the background.

i'm going frame by frame to catch anything else and the Deathstar is firing at the proton torpedoes and the X-wing but as usual miss. Well they're firing but little since theres only 1 X-Wing.

If you have Rouge (or Red) Squadron attack, it will probably work. I'm not sure about the other squadrons though.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

If that is in the game...maybe. It got smoked anyway. Only one of them survived, but only two of Red Squadron survived also. The Millenium Falcon might also increase your chances of success.

How do you defend against this as the Empire?

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

If that is in the game...maybe. It got smoked anyway. Only one of them survived, but only two of Red Squadron survived also. The Millenium Falcon might also increase your chances of success.

How do you defend against this as the Empire?

But remember you can chane the course of SW history. So that may not happen. Anyway you could have TIE's to defend the DS. Maybe even Vader...
The new age of the Empire has come!

Or you could just have a defence of a couple SD's, some anti-starfighter ships, a bunch of Ties, and a couple of heroes. Maybe you could send Slave I to help take out the Rebel fighters! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted: HeHeHe! Also have 1 or 2 Interdictor Cruisers to trap the Rebels in your web! HaHaHaHa!

Shoot! I just gave the Imperials more strategies to use against me! Dork!

The DS's only weakness is the exhaust vault! It is invincible without it. There is no way you could damage it without completely destroying it.

Welcome to the Forum Logain :P

I am not sure if you could have massive fleets and a Death Star Maybe a problem with the overall management of fleet structures. Witrh resources and fleet upkeep.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Im sure the tench run is a scripted event but what we dont know is what the rebels have to do to trigger this event. Perhaps a special percentage of the defences have to be destroyed and all TIEs have to be destroyed before you can try to start a trench run. I dont know ;)

Im sure the tench run is a scripted event but what we dont know is what the rebels have to do to trigger this event. Perhaps a special percentage of the defences have to be destroyed and all TIEs have to be destroyed before you can try to start a trench run. I dont know ;)

Unfortunately, this will be most likely the case. I wish Delphi would come back and give us some info on that part of the film.

Unfortunately, this will be most likely the case. I wish Delphi would come back and give us some info on that part of the film.

yes Delphi, we need explanation on how the Trench run will work :P

I strike again!