Questions for live chat

DarthMaulUK

1. Will the Death Star's destruction be a victory condition in multiplayer? If so, can it be disabled?

2. Can players access and use the galactic map while managing combat on a space or ground level?

3. When can we expect a fully official review with more information and units and stuff then we've had so far?

4. What will be on Wayland! Tell me now!!!

Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

Erm, slipping away from topic there.

"Stay on target!"

25. Can you explain how the two different types of shields for ground defense will interact with each other? Like can they overlap, do you have a choice as to where to put them, etc. ?

26. How can the rebels sabotage an instalation if you are pulled into a space battle the minute they show up in an enemy guarded system?

27. Is there a limit to how many simultaneous space and/or ground battles that can be occuring at once? (this question is designed to garner answer to this plus the question of whether or not we can have simultaneous battles at all)

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

1) Is there a Ladder of some sort ? I read in one of those magazines that there would be a tournament thing.

2) Can you have teams in Skirmish or will it be free for all or both options ?

1) Is there a Ladder of some sort ? I read in one of those magazines that there would be a tournament thing.

2) Can you have teams in Skirmish or will it be free for all or both options ?

3) Can you have AI players in multiplayer games?

4) Can you create custom teams in skirmish/multiplayer ie rebels + imp vs imp + imp ?

Ah, I thought of another three:

28. If you attack a system and win the space battle, but do not proceed to attack the ground, just blockade, can the enemy continue to fire on your ships if they have planetary batteries operational?

29. Can you build multiple planetary ION or Turbolaser cannons, or are you restricted to a certain amount?

30. Do heros have their powers when you obtain them, or do they have to accumulate experience points (for lack of a better term) to upgrade like in Warcraft III?

Please continue to add more thoughtful questions for the chat and for possibly a kind answer post by Delphi-PG. ;)

when were the imps will we have to build the DS and when s the information being released about atleast some of the units?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

I wouldnt worry about the wording. Im used to having to edit questions sometimes.

Thanks for all your questions, I will be spending tomorrow having a good look through them and then I will post the lucky ones in this thread.

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

I will post the questions shortly. Ive been pretty ill with a cold, in addition to my glandular fever so i havent had much energy this week.

But i will get it sorted today. So many questions to look through!

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

www.empireatwar.net

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

www.swgalaxies.net

I hope you get to feeling better, I am on the last day of my antibiotics for my own bronchitis myself.

Was wondering, however, when you would get those questions posted? The chat is only a few hours from now.

Also, it looks like we will still not get our interview questions answered in time again. :(

Here are the ones I will be asking from here

Sparky

You mentioned that it will be hard for either side to know where the enemy is...but can't you/opponent just

look at the galactic map and see where the enemy planets are? Is it possible for planets to support the other side in secret?

and will the game allow smuggling?

Teradyn

Can you describe how orbital bombardment will be handled? Do we direct fire down from capital ships based on their power, ISD massive (and/or frequent)

with smaller ships providing weaker/less often barrages. What would prevent a sufficiently large orbiting fleet from being able to decimate the defending

forces without the attacking ground forces having to be involved in the battle?

FoshJedi2004

Are there set Fleet Formations that we can set the fleets to?? EG: Flanking/Hammer and Anvil

Ghostly_Substance

Is there a Ladder of some sort ? I read in one of those magazines that there would be a tournament thing

Grd Admiral Thrawn 889

when can we expect unit information being released?

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

www.empireatwar.net

www.swbattlefront.net

www.lucasfiles.com

www.swgalaxies.net

can't wait to here from the chat, can't make it, have to make the hour and half trip back home from college during the chat.

Things I most hope to learn from chat:

Why hero immortality?

Why did they stop the timeline at ANH?

More creature info.