X3 Reunion

Ghostly_Substance

Ok someone mentioned this and I checked it out but I still cant figure out what its all about even watching two trailers. It caught my attention so I want to know this game before I want to put it on my wishlist.

This is all I know about it

:arrow: Space with spacestations

:arrow: Ships and other capital ships

:arrow: Trade and Economy

:arrow: You can fight another

What I want to know

:arrow: Point of this game

:arrow: Singleplayer yes but what about multiplayer ?

:arrow: Are you able to fly your own ship or is it all flown by AI and somewhat RTS like ? I would read but I would get nowhere right now.

The point of the game is to figure out why some mysterious things are happening to both the human colonies and the aliens the human just got done fighting with. But you don't have to do that, you can trade, pillage, and blow up what ever you want. In previous games you could even own a space station from which you could recieve money from the local commerce.

You actually pilot your ship in this game. Its highly recommended to get a joy-stick with rudder control, because the mouse makes you look like a drunken duck (according to gamespot) when you're trying turn on you axis. You can also get upgrades for it, like weapons, armor, engines, and cargo capacity, or just buy a new type of ship.

I'm not sure of any multiplayer functions, so.... :?

The game is due out in the USA on Nov.5th, I believe this game has already been released in the UK and Europe.

lol I could go out and buy it when it comes out and now all I need to know is will there be Multiplayer feature and that will decide if I will buy it or not.

Yes I fell asleep in Kotor since all i'm doing is talking to bots......yes they might seem lively a bit but i'm used to going online and playing iwth other people. Jump to Light Speed for example in SWG I flew with my guild mates doing missions. Well I donno i'm just spoiled for online games.

As long as there is good, messy, exsplosions I'm usually content for awhile. I don't like putting up with people in real life, so when people think they can act stupid because they think no one knows who they are I tolerate humanity even less. Hence I don't like going online for gaming often unless I know who I'm gaming with. This is also a key reason why I avoid MMO's....

Hey we plan to buy it here at the office for our QA Lead - birthday pres.

In about one two weeks I will post some feedbsck.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Well, I don't have and I don't think I will. From all accounts the learning curve of this game is still evil and unless you have a really good rig your going to get a lot of chop. People with 1gig of RAM and Nvidea 6600s were reporting choppy frame rates off and on through out the game. Character models and animations are reported to be "crap" and the manual is no help what-so-ever.

On the plus side, if you can support it, the graphics are better (though how much better is up to debate), ship models are vastly improved, and minus the proformance issues and steep learning curve is said to be a fairly impressive game.

Most of this is from gamefaqs.com

The only small ship I like is this one:

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/292/reviews/927012_20051020_screen002.jpg

This one looks cool enough to own:

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/305/927012_20051102_screen008.jpg

The bottom capital ship looks sweet as heck :)

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/305/927012_20051102_screen006.jpg

Well if I wanted to run this I bet I would have difficulty playing it so I can wait on this.