Strike Cruisers?

Naja

The Death Star reportedly could carry up to four Strike Cruisers, indicating that this technology existed before the Battle of Yavin.

There, Petroglyph! You have your canon! Now, include it! :P

http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/deathstar/?id=eu

...Scattered across the Death Star's surface were thousands of weapons emplacements: a total of 10,000 turbolaser batteries, 2,500 laser cannons, 2,500 ion cannons and 768 tractor beam projectors. The station carried a crew of 265,675, plus 52,276 gunners, 607,360 troops, 25,984 stormtroopers, 42,782 ship support staff, and 167,216 pilots and support crew. The station also carried 7,200 starfighters, four strike cruisers, 3,600 assault shuttles, 1,400 AT-ATs, 1,400 AT-STs, 1,860 drop ships, and more...

And that's from the official Star Wars site! Hense, Strike Cruiser technology existed prior to Yavin.

I'd never heard of it before - where does it appear in cannon, other then that site?

As far as I know it is just in Star Wars games such as the flight simulator games and rebellion, I wouldn't be surprised if it has shown up in books and comics tho.

EDIT: ok it has.

Its in the Guide to the Star Wars Universe, it has everything for all the tech and characters. It also indicates that the information is either from an Lucas arts source or its info. from a licenced source that may not agree with George Lucas vision of the Star Wars galaxy. In case of the Death Star it came form Lucas Arts source. So it has to be true.
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

A cruiser that strikes at things....

This is the first time I ever heard of it. I think it is obscure enough we won't have to worry about it making the cut. So, unless our local game mod pimp (Juggy) puts it in, don't hold your breath.... Or do... Whichever...

A cruiser that strikes at things....

This is the first time I ever heard of it. I think it is obscure enough we won't have to worry about it making the cut. So, unless our local game mod pimp (Juggy) puts it in, don't hold your breath.... Or do... Whichever...

It would fit into continuity much more than the broadside crusier. And it has been in other star wars games, fits the timeline, been in EU, I think it has a fair of shot as any.

We can only hope it'd be in. From what i remember, Strike crusiers were great cause they were modular designed, so that they could be built quickly and cheeply, for various mission profiles. Only thing they lacked were fighter bays.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

We can only hope it'd be in. From what i remember, Strike crusiers were great cause they were modular designed, so that they could be built quickly and cheeply, for various mission profiles. Only thing they lacked were fighter bays.

Actually, they even have that if I remember correctly. :)

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!