Quality vs Quanity

Nevets

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Empire isnt quality lol, tie fighters = cheap mass produced, x wings = smaller numbers higher quality. as far as capitol ships MCs are slightly smaller and less armed but the empire has a higher production copacity.

the MC's are smaller but there defense is better and they kick arse in a target rich environment as usually happens.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/Admiral_Antilles/Thrawncopy.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

I Support the Resistance!

• 2 weeks later...

Rebels have no quality, there ships are pieces of junk that are usually hastily constructed and modified. Star Destroyers are top of the line warships, storm troopers spend most of their lives training and have weapons in perfect condition. In fact all of the empire's vehicles, ships, weapons, troops are in prime conditon:

quality and quantity

old Soviet adage "Quantity is Quality"

"The ceramics teacher announced on opening day that he was dividing the class into two groups. All those on the left side of the studio, he said, would be graded solely on the quantity of work they produced, all those on the right solely on its quality. His procedure was simple: on the final day of class he would bring in his bathroom scales and weigh the work of the "quantity" group: fifty pound of pots rated an "A", forty pounds a "B", and so on. Those being graded on "quality", however, needed to produce only one pot -albeit a perfect one - to get an "A". Well, came grading time and a curious fact emerged: the works of highest quality were all produced by the group being graded for quantity. It seems that while the "quantity" group was busily churning out piles of work - and learning from their mistakes - the "quality" group had sat theorizing about perfection, and in the end had little more to show for their efforts than grandiose theories and a pile of dead clay."

Quality and quantity are polar opposites. Quality is quantity analyzed; quantity is quality analyzed. An apple, a pear, and a plum all have different qualities. They can only be counted together if their different qualities are abstracted from them or negated. I cannot add an apple, a pear, and a plum; I can only say: three pieces of fruit. In other words, negated quality is quantity; negated quantity is quality. These opposites are contained in each thing. Each thing has a definite size, quantity, or degree, and at the same time definite characteristics. All things have, at the same time, quality and quantity. As opposites they permeate each other and are transformed into each other.

Food for thought you could say.

"Kool-aid is a pathway to some abilities many would consider to be... unnatural"

What I like more is that Quanity is a Quality of its own.

That said I perfer a Main group of great units to bash in the door and then use lower quality troops and ship in smaller numbers to hold terrotiry. The main Group in total would be less then the enemys quality units, but I would chose battles where I can match numbers in the fleets, because in any one fleet battle my fleet whould equal one of the enemys. Attack the weak spots and force through enmasse.

Also the good commander wins before a shot is fired because he knows where to fight and where not to fight.

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle