Question.

ggawrys11

Hello Im new and i read the faqs but what are the hard points or whatever thay are called? plese answer Thanks in advance!!
kill 1 person you're murder, kill 10 people you're a monster, kill 100 people you're a hero, kill 10000 you're a conquer

welcome to teh forum!!!!!!

well the hard points sre specific systems on larger capital ships(the sheilds,ion cannons ect.) it is possible to target these "hard points" specificly crippling a ship or you could just do a general attack where u attack the sheilds and hull indiscriminately!(sooo spelled wrong)

Nope you got it right.

You can also, when building a ship and maybe afterwards fill up these "hard-points" with whatever you want modifing its abilitys. Like give it more laser cannons for anti-starfighter duties ext. The problem is that these modifications can be targeted seperatly from the cruiser and taken out.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

No you can't, ships come with pre-built hard points same goes for space stations.

:arrow: But Joe said in our first interview that you can ! :(

Joe Bostic : Researching to upgrade your arsenal for forces will be present. There are missions the player may undertake that, if successful, will unlock new technology or units. Ship specific technology upgrades will retrofit older models so that the player isn't left with any obsolete equipment flying around.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

To be fair Joe doesn't specifically mention hard points there, he just implies units will have their own upgrades. So ties will have a specific upgrade for shields, lets say, and star destroyers will have one for armour...

So like Delphi said somewhere, it's the more conventional means of research for a RTS game

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

To be fair Joe doesn't specifically mention hard points there, he just implies units will have their own upgrades. So ties will have a specific upgrade for shields, lets say, and star destroyers will have one for armour...

So like Delphi said somewhere, it's the more conventional means of research for a RTS game

Yeh I think Joe does not speak of hard points here.

:arrow: Ok - got it now

:arrow: Still I will prefer a game were you can upgrade manually the standard hardpoints.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

:arrow: Ok - got it now

:arrow: Still I will prefer a game were you can upgrade manually the standard hardpoints.

Having that option would be counterproductive in a game of this magnitude. Now if you could design custom ship configurations and reuse them, it might be a bit more useful, but this is not a ship design game. You should be using that time better to build even more ships, attack multiple planets, or simply build up the 15-30 planets under your control to impregnable fortresses. :twisted:

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

You know I would appreciate to have a game which features all units, which are customizable, all plantes, and, and, and...

But this would be a game which would be impossible to balance and because of its complexity would only attract hard-core fans. Which finally would lead to the point that the game would be dead because of a lack of players.

And nobody wants that. At least I hope so...

I think that the real power of this game is that they will set it up in a way to appeal to most regular players and potentially some Ep I-III fans who are not necessarily RTS players. At the same time, they are making it extremely moddable so us hardcore players can setup the sides to match the proper setup of ships, forces, etc. This, if done properly, will make EAW a smashing success in a sea of SW RTS failures.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png