System reqirements

Eduardo

i beleive the system requirements will be low to allow for a large amount of people to run it, polly in the 1-1.5 ghz range and 256-512 of ram, but the better the system the bigger your battles are going to be.

Sparky

Hmm thinking of wheither or not to lock/delete or just let someone else deal with this.

I'll say if you can run Rome Total War in the city map with tons of units then you can run this :) orhow about if you have 5 players with all these uber units (maxed out) in Homeworld 2 for multiplayer and you can watch the fight without any lag.

I've got 1 GB of ram and a good card, however my processor is starting to look old these days (1.73 GHz). Should I upgrade it, and if so, how much does a good processor cost?
Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

My computer can run Medieval:Total War fine and Battle for Middle Earth (on the highest custom settings). Will I be able to do the high settings on this game. I think it has 1 GB of RAM, 1.8 GHz processor, good graphics card, but we might end up getting a new one because it is very weak against viruses and no protection helps.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Wish I could find one of those external graphic cards for laptops, have been unable to find one tho. It seems like since this summer all the new games no longer use my graphics card and this has me worried for EAW. Esspecially since I can't update my laptop internally.

You've been unable to find one b/c they don't exist...currently most laptops you only have the ability to upgrade the ram and maybe the hard drive...currently some of the new laptops you can upgrade the Graphics chip, in laptops...but if it is any thing like upgrading the ram or HD then it will be expensive...laptops aren't typically meant for hard core gaming. Are you sure your not thinking of a laptop dock or a device that allows you to export your video to a tv or projector?

Sparky

You've been unable to find one b/c they don't exist...currently most laptops you only have the ability to upgrade the ram and maybe the hard drive...currently some of the new laptops you can upgrade the Graphics chip, in laptops...but if it is any thing like upgrading the ram or HD then it will be expensive...laptops aren't typically meant for hard core gaming. Are you sure your not thinking of a laptop dock or a device that allows you to export your video to a tv or projector?

Sparky

Hmm I have heard of there being portable graphics cards, that work a lower efficency then the ones that are built in. If they aren't real, they really should make them. Yea I know laptops aren't for hard core gaming, but I pretty much need one for college, and I got one that was suppose to work well for gaming (and the rest of will still play pretty much any game out except for my grapic card). And since I play mostly strategy I wasn't expecting those kinds of games to outdate my graphics card so fast...I thought I could play the best ones for aleast a couple years :lol:

*sigh* If worst comes to worst I will just have to update my desktop at home and only play EAW on some weekends.

I can only tell which PC can handle EaW at full settings because these machines were used at the Games Convention but I think nearly noone of us has such a machine. (They were good but not the best components you can get on the market)

I can only tell which PC can handle EaW at full settings because these machines were used at the Games Convention but I think nearly noone of us has such a machine. (They were good but not the best components you can get on the market)

Do you know what the specs of these machines were? Can you tell us...?

My processor is an ADM Athlon XP 2100... that bad, or good?

Well its not the worst processor ever...but its no longer top of the line...you will prolly be with in the processor requirements, don't need to worry...Yet :mrgreen:...once the System Requirements are out then you can worry.

Sparky

if my computer runs the Age of Empires 3 Demo will it run EAW

I'd assume yes. Petroglyph is trying to make this game as available as possible to as many gamers as they can, so if you can play more recent RTS games you should be able to play EaW on decent settings.

if my computer runs the Age of Empires 3 Demo will it run EAW

Mine wont play it, thats what has me most worried. :(

I wouldnt worry too much. AoE 3 is very demanding even on the best systems around. Petro seems to be making a big deal about changing graphic levels and stuff so I bet you will be able to play, just maybe at a lower level of graphic power. From what i've seen it doesnt look too demanding.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Only thing I'm worried about is my graghics card. FX5700 is getting a little long in the tooth. Also I don't have PCI Express on this thing, so if I do upgrade I'm going to be stuc with the Nvidea 6800 ultra for awhile. But my 2.20 GHz processor w/ 2 gigs of RAM can handle about anything out right now.

Only thing I'm worried about is my graghics card. FX5700 is getting a little long in the tooth. Also I don't have PCI Express on this thing, so if I do upgrade I'm going to be stuc with the Nvidea 6800 ultra for awhile. But my 2.20 GHz processor w/ 2 gigs of RAM can handle about anything out right now.

How is your keyboard by the way? Not to mention your face? :wink:

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

I'm not too worried about anything in my com, except the video memory. It was in the warning level in KotOR2, 64MB. I'm not a PC player, in fact I know almost nothing about computers, but I know that if EaW will run on 64MB of video memory, the rest of my specs will be enough.
Go Leafs go!