For the Glorious Empire

PattyWhack7009

Okay, I see why the "Katana Fleet isn't such a big deal." Type thing keeps showing up, but you have to remember that in the Thrawn series most all the combat actions depicted are between about a hundred vessels at most. Also those 200 Dreadnaughts went straight to the front instead of being used keeping the peace and pacifying imperial space, whereas the New Republic was so stripped for ships to fight when they had to conduct pirate hunting, peace keeping, and ferrying missions that in the climatic battle of the series the New Republic can only dispatch two sector fleets to take out the Bilbringi shipyards. I'd guess that such a force would only amount to 60-120 combat vessels. If Thrawn had used the entire Katana fleet by itself he might have been able to win. With the addition of heavier combat ships he is almost guaranteed to win.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did thrawn retrofit or change the dreadnaughts? since 200 dreadnaughts isnt that impressive, thier description is like they are ancient pre OT ships that are fuel hoggers and poorly fitted for combat. how did thrawn change them into a force fit enough to send the rebels running?

Also, since Thrawn had such a large need for commbat ships, due to all the clones he had being produced, and since most of the ships were still in working order, they were an instent add to his fleet.

Ya, i have to agree the thrawn trilogy and all of Zahn books are good.

I don't think its a matter of what tactics you use. In any rts game I've played I've never played only one faction. I play all sides to find out all the weaknesses of those factions. When EAW comes out I plan on playing both Empire and Alliance. Knowing your enemy's weakness and strengths is going to win any battle, not some special tactic. From what I get there is no commands for your fleet in space battle's. Having the right equipment and intelligence are the key.
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

True enough, knowing your enemy is absolutely one of the most important factors in a battle - Thrawn knew that, and somehow (how? I truly wish I knew) managed to understand his enemies perfectly just by looking at their artwork. However, I don't think he built his tactics around that - rather, he built his tactics around what he had available or could easily aquire, and then adapted it to fit into his enemy's weaknesses.
Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

PM him

he has been gone ever since i invited hm to join our clan...hehe no reason he shouldnt show.....damn...i should really get over my maniacial urges of death... :P

feel any tension round the breathing apparatus chum? :P

I've have you now - Lord Vader

TELL ME OUR FAVORITE FIGHTER-

GROUND UNIT-

CAPITAL SHIP-

PLANET-

What do you mean?? Individually??

Fav Fighter for me is the T-65 XJ X-Wing(Yuuzhan Vong Era)

Ground Unit: Storm Troopers

Capital Ship: New Republic Star Destroyer MKIII (Hidden Gravity Well Generators)

Planet: Sadly it has to be the first one ever seen in Star Wars, Tatooine.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

TELL ME OUR FAVORITE FIGHTER-

GROUND UNIT-

CAPITAL SHIP-

PLANET-

B-Wing

Rebel Commandoes

My custom ship: Freedom's Flame (It is only 150 meters, but still a captal ship none the less)

Corellia

You should also add: (Does not have to be in the game)

Rebel Hero- Wedge Antilles or Bror Jace

Imperial Hero- Grand Admiral Palleon

Race- Human

Neutral Hero- Boba Fett (yes he is neutral)

Neutral Sector- Hapes Consortium

Star Wars Movie: Episode III (rock on!)

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

is the New Republic Star Destroyer MKIII in st:eaw?

Um...No. The tech. timeline only goes until the Battle of Yavin. Also you only play until the Empire is defeated. It won't be like in EU where the Empire will retain some of its holdings and the Rebellion turns into the New Republic, just a total eradication(spelling?) out of either side.