Did you count your Clones before they where hatched?

Moriarty101

I haven't been in the forum for a little while, so I haven't been able to read all the posts YET. But the posts that I have seen have been pretty negative. Everybody is disapointed that EAW isn't including EU or SSD B wings etc. My point is so what? I think having a SSD in battle would be to hard to manage anyways. I would rather have 10 Imperial II class SD than 1 SSD. SSD are slow, in battle speed and manuvability is the key. Can any of you tell me of a game that even comes close to depth of play this game has? I can't think of any. I 've read post's that Petro should have done this and that. I am pretty sure the folks at Petro have been in this for a long time. They have my full confidence that this game will be awsome. You also have alot of mods coming out that will feed your hunger for the stuff you wish the game had. There is also room for expansions too. Iam also glad the game date has been pushed back till Feb. This just means that they are working out the bugs and fine tuning. I don't want a game that needs 20 patches like windows. I do realize that there is alot of disapointment but I am sure that when EAW is released the wait was well worth it. Thanks Petro
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been in the forum for a little while, so I haven't been able to read all the posts YET. But the posts that I have seen have been pretty negative. Everybody is disapointed that EAW isn't including EU or SSD B wings etc. My point is so what? I think having a SSD in battle would be to hard to manage anyways. I would rather have 10 Imperial II class SD than 1 SSD. SSD are slow, in battle speed and manuvability is the key. Can any of you tell me of a game that even comes close to depth of play this game has? I can't think of any. I 've read post's that Petro should have done this and that. I am pretty sure the folks at Petro have been in this for a long time. They have my full confidence that this game will be awsome. You also have alot of mods coming out that will feed your hunger for the stuff you wish the game had. There is also room for expansions too. Iam also glad the game date has been pushed back till Feb. This just means that they are working out the bugs and fine tuning. I don't want a game that needs 20 patches like windows. I do realize that there is alot of disapointment but I am sure that when EAW is released the wait was well worth it. Thanks Petro

More than likely with the new timeline issue, the SD II will not be in the game.

It's alright, Moriarty. If it consoles you, even a drooling, obsessive-compulsive nut like I has come to terms with the lack of an Executor, and now I'm awaiting a mod that puts it and other ships in their proper place.

I was never bothered about the SSD as I play Rebels but I will just wait for the B-wing to come out. Until then I will just edit the Y-wing in XDL so that it is as powerfull as a B-wing.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I understand people being a bit disappointed, afterall info has only been slowly leaked out so it's hard not to want specific units. =)

Keep in mind we are working to make a very fun game based around the episode 4 time-line. Also, we do have a variety of old tech units (EP 3 Venitor) in the game.

Just hang tight, Lucas will release more info very very soon. In the mean-time I leak as much as I can. :P

Delphi-PG

Game Designer/Community Rep

http://www.petroglyphgames.com

Me disappointed ? Why should I ? :P

It has tons of things to offer and also who doesn't want to conquer the galaxy of about 50+ planets ? Theres enough units to go around ;) Controlling the fate of the galaxy ? Nice

SSD and timeline crying is sickening so I tried posting less(Hopefully I did post less in those topics). Well at least this game will entertain us for a long time 8)

Disappointed? Yes.

Discouraged from getting the game? Not a chance. :)

We could use clearing up the whole "Will the game end at ANH?" thing you sparked though, Delphi. ;)

Did you mean the game when you said that, or the tech tree?

I'm under the impression the game will end when you reach ANH, that's why I'm disappointed. ;) So I can't get any more disappointed by your answer. :D

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

I understand people being a bit disappointed, afterall info has only been slowly leaked out so it's hard not to want specific units. =)

Keep in mind we are working to make a very fun game based around the episode 4 time-line. Also, we do have a variety of old tech units (EP 3 Venitor) in the game.

Just hang tight, Lucas will release more info very very soon. In the mean-time I leak as much as I can. :P

The Venator is in game *Does dance of joy*.

Its an Imperial unit I hope. Is it the Imperial Carrier?

I'm sure I'd be happy with the Venta-thingy if I watched Ep.III and knew what the heck it was :?

The Venator is a Star Destroyer that appeared in Episode 3. It was the mainstay of the Republic fleet.

It acted has both a carrier(about 400 starfighters) and has a ship killer. Although firepower was significantly below an Imperator Star Destroyer.

Venerators huh? That's pretty damn cool. :mrgreen:

I wonder what other unconfirmed Ep3 tech made it in game.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I wonder if AT-TEs, Juggernaughts or the LAAT gunship will also be present. :twisted:

Also given the lack of the empires starfighter forces perhaps they could also be given the Skipray Blastboats filling the gap between starfighters and capships, altough i don't remenber if they were already present in this time era.

Oooo. I hope we get those MI-24 looking things from Ep.II. Republic gunships I think they're called.

If I remember correctly, the Juggies were big wheeled tank type things that were really slow and out classed by later imperial walkers, right?

Oooo. I hope we get those MI-24 looking things from Ep.II. Republic gunships I think they're called.

Yup. Those are the LAAT(Low Altitude Assault Transports) Gunships.

If I remember correctly, the Juggies were big wheeled tank type things that were really slow and out classed by later imperial walkers, right?

Yes. Those were the juggernaughts, although i don't think they were outclassed by the walkers, even the AT-AT, the juggernaughts were at least the same size.

The juggernaughts were dedicated assault vehicles while the AT-AT is a transport.

If you want to compare then either use the Imperial heavy repulsor Tanks which were considered better than the AT-ATs minus the troop carrying capacity, or perhaps the AT-HE.

Ah well. The no SSD shock is slowly leaving my system - especially after Delphi more or less hinting towards an expansion...

I trust Petroglyph. They're a buncha decent, creative guys. Why guys so decent would engineer a game where an Imperial player can commit acts of planeticide without consequence is beyond me, though... :lol:

when did the imps change from the xwing/tie hybriid shown in ep 3 to ties?

i know it would be unlikely, but since they hadnt seen alot of combat till the rebs showed, couldnt a couple fo those hybrids be the basic ship of the imps? then really eazy to upgrade to ties?

i just thought of that they had to have a point where they changed to the ties, the closest starfighter to it was those hybrids...

I've have you now - Lord Vader