Ohhh boy, im so onfused....

Eduardo

Are you Confused?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Confused?

• Yes
    • No

First empire at war for me was a cool game of star wars, now I hear that you can "mod" the game, later i hear thet there is something called legacy of war, for putting in new units, and then i hear that there's a new thin called Star wars imperial assoult :shock: , that is like an expansion..... Hey, excuse if i have a lot of questions but...... I want to know yust three things:

1-)About modding empire at war.

2-)Legacy of war(Well, I think I know what is it but i got to be shure...)

3-)Star wars imperial assoult, it is an expansion for the game???, or what!!??.....

Please if someone knows all this, please let me know, Boy im so confused....(If somenoe is also confused, answer the poll)..

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

I voted no and I have my reasons

1) You fiddle around with the notepad and such and have all these weird things happening. If you'll wait you'll see a Tie Fighter that either looks small as an an or as huge as a SSD. Maybe you'll also see a Tie Fighter all Blue instead of black/gray/teamcolor.

2) Its a mod for EAW which is right after Episode 6 and you'll have all these nice little ships and units.

If i'm not mistaken theres also a Clone Wars mod in the making and damn does it ever look great so you'll have pre and post Trilogy mods. I'm just afraid if I can burn my cds in time by Febuary.

3) Star Wars Imperial assault, wasn't this a mod for C&C Generals ? I wouldn't expect a Ex-pack or EAW 2 to be announced until later like 2 months or so AFTER the release day :roll:

btw if i'm mistaken about any of these correct me.

Legacy of War is a mod, simply put. It expands on EaW by adding in everyhting past Ep 4.

Imperial Assualt 2 is not an expansion for the game, it is a mod also which puts in the clone wars sides.

Oh yeah, you fiddle with notepad.

I'd suggest looking for mods for games you own and see how they are done, how they install and are removed.

First empire at war for me was a cool game of star wars, now I hear that you can "mod" the game, later i hear thet there is something called legacy of war, for putting in new units, and then i hear that there's a new thin called Star wars imperial assoult :shock: , that is like an expansion..... Hey, excuse if i have a lot of questions but...... I want to know yust three things:

1-)About modding empire at war.

2-)Legacy of war(Well, I think I know what is it but i got to be shure...)

3-)Star wars imperial assoult, it is an expansion for the game???, or what!!??.....

Please if someone knows all this, please let me know, Boy im so confused....(If somenoe is also confused, answer the poll)..

1. Modding of Empire at War means, 1 or more ordinary guys and girls like you and me (meaning you don't have to be a developer, though having basic computer and programming skils helps :) which pretty much excludes me :D ) tinker with the game to modify it into something else, or add new units, or change or improve existing units, or all of the above mentioned.

Do you have to download a Mod? Not at all.

But in some cases it can bring a whole new game to you based on the original games engine. And they are usually freeware.

Modding games is a hobby for most people.

Star Wars Warlords is a Mod for the game HomeWorld 2. Basically it replaces all the original ships with Star Wars ships, aswell as adding a myriad of other Star Wars ships, new sounds, and new effects (like turbolaser bolts, laser cannon bolts, ion bolts, etc....).

Mods of this kind, once they are installed, has their own executable file in order to activate them. They usually do not, scuse my language, fuck up the original game. :)

EDIT: You can find Mods that will override the original game though too.

2. Legacy of War is a Mod which will be based on Empire at War.

3. Imperial Assault is another Mod.

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

There are no official expansion packs announced yet, anything being created is third party.

As for editing XML, notepad is fine, Visual Studio is better. =) I'm sure you can download some freeware programs that work much better than notepad.

Delphi-PG

Game Designer/Community Rep

http://www.petroglyphgames.com

When the game and editor are released, we'll make sure to have plenty of info for you.

:arrow: Moding tutorials - this will be great and it will spare the moders a lot of CTDs (crash to desktop). The main focus should be "What can be done with moding and what not".

:arrow: I'm courious - how can be mods supported by the devs ? Maybe with some unnoficial QA&feebdack and web space for uploading. Excelent mods are always a great addition to the marketing value of a game. Also supporitng in a way the mods we can make sure that a mod to run will require the original CD ... How about an exe for every mod. Ahhh maybe I dream too much :)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I'm courious - how can be mods supported by the devs ?

Depends on the company; more specifically Lucas. As a designer and ex-community manager I believe in the mod community and longevity they add to a products life. Myself and many others at Petro are looking forward too seeing what you guys create and how we can better support you for the future.

Delphi-PG

Game Designer/Community Rep

http://www.petroglyphgames.com

Yup look at homeworld 2 and Warcraft 3 :P

Only thing I hate about mods is that sometimes people make great mods but install extremely crappy such as the mod I downloaded yesterday. Has 3 files as a unit list, english file and a .exe and when I tried to make it work it failed. So I downloaded the good side team and that worked. Only the bad side failed and its in the mod section of this forum. Why cant people make proper mods for the things I like :cry:

Sorry if this is off topic but damn i'm ticked off that something good had to turn out bad. Petro supporting mods ? Thats good news seriously 8)

Glad to hear about the support for mods, but I guess we knew this already in the fact that the files used by the engine are being made easily available to all potential modders.

I wonder if we will see any joint software with the game in order that we can build our own worlds, custom scenarios etc with great ease. I'm thinking here of something along the lines of warcraft 3's world eitor. Basically a nice easy tool (Preferably a lot easier than the W3 one) to learn to create our own universe with and construct our own custom missions.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk