Got a question...

Eduardo

Hey, excuse me if im ignorant, but what is this so called legacy of war??, I mean, an expansion for empire at war, I think I read that, tell me please

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

Its a "Modification" for the game and you'll have to download it once it comes out after EAW. Well its After Episode 6 stuff so its very nice stuff :)

ya but hold your horses

its not out yet

it will prolly be about 3 months to 4 after the releaser of EAW

expect around summertime i guess. talk to juggy for more info, he is on the team of the mod

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I aught to point out you don't have to download it. You only really need to download Legacy if you like the things it has to offer and think they'd be in line with how you'd actually like the game.

Considering it will offer an expanded timeline and ships we all know and love, lots of people on the forums will be sure to install it. If you haven't yet seen the models etc that their team has built, I recommend a look at them.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

which brings me to a question

im not familiar with huge game altering mods besides the customs on bnet, but with mods as big as this, would the mod totally override the current data so it would be set in ROTJ-EU, and i couldnt go back to the pre ANH data without uninstalling the game?

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I liked Battlefield 1942/Vietnam/2 how they dealed with their mods. Also look at Homeworld 2 it has its own icon and I can still play the original and Star Wars mod x2 :) If this does it C&C Style and overrides everything i'd be ticked because i've been spoiled by them two games.

Alright, just for clarification:

Is Legacy of War going to first correct EaW's omission of RoTJ type units (like the SSD, Carracks, Interceptors, Lancers, etc) before it leaps into the New Republic-era EU??

If it indeed patches this up first, will it release it first, or will it be an optional part along with the entire Legacy of War release?

Since the mod will release in stages, then yes it would patch up what Petro left out first.

Release 1 might look like this:

Empire and Rebel units added

Camapign expanded to cover Ep 5 and 6

New Republic, Imperial Remanant added also

Thrawn and Cloned Emperor Campaign bits added to the end of the Campaign(we'd put the stuff in between Ep 6 and Thrawn in later)

And someone who downloaded it could skip the Remnant/New Republic/Thrawn stuff, so that he could just only play as the Rebels or Imps, right? The only difference between it and vanilla EaW could be the existence of the other Imp/Reb units, and the campaign going to Episode 6?

Alright, just for clarification:

Is Legacy of War going to first correct EaW's omission of RoTJ type units (like the SSD, Carracks, Interceptors, Lancers, etc) before it leaps into the New Republic-era EU??

If it indeed patches this up first, will it release it first, or will it be an optional part along with the entire Legacy of War release?

What he is asking is this: Can Legacy of War be used to "only" add the units he wants up until ROTJ. Or does he "have" to use all the units Legacy of War will add. The answer is, you have to use all the units. There might be somebody else who makes a "EAW Done Right - Reality Mod" which will simply add all the units up until ROTJ. That is not what Legacy of war is about. They have a much more expansive goal and they are doing a great job of it. Legacy of War is not an EAW fix, its a addon with a new compelling story line, many new EU units, and likely some other tweaks. It will not be EAW anymore. It will be EAW - Legacy of War.

As for the mini-mod, I guess it wouldn't include much becuase we aren't missing all that much but a few ships and stuff. But hey it'll be good for those who just want the trilogy stuff.

Agreed. You only have about 8 ships to model/skin. I'm sure you'll have them all ready to go long before the game gets released. Thanks Jug, many of us appreciate the work you guys are doing for everybody.

No skin off my back. I'm just glad people would really support this small mod and it not be made for nothing.

I do have a concern over the Petro ships made becuase they are not in the trilogy so do you make a mod to just add stuff in or do you also remove things to make it more like the trilogy but still keeping it balanced?

I guess its time for a poll.