Victory conditions for EaW, considering the ANH timeline?

Naja

I'm was hoping for something like Rebellion, don't lose coruscant for the empire or the base for the rebels. Played well a game in rebellion could last for a long time given these conditions.

But until we get more information we can only speculate.

Ah the victory conditions in Rebellion, i remember playing a Headquarters only victory setting as the Empire for 9000 days then getting fed up and destroying every planet that wasnt mine in the galaxy :)
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

I'm was hoping for something like Rebellion, don't lose coruscant for the empire or the base for the rebels. Played well a game in rebellion could last for a long time given these conditions.

But until we get more information we can only speculate.

*sigh* What i don't get is Petroglyph have said this is not going to be like SWGB OR Rebellion yet people still think it is. You guys need to understand this isn't Rebellion!

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

Is it simply occupy all the planets your opponent has, occupy all the planets of the galaxy, or destroy/defend the Death Star? Or does it depend on the faction?
We don't really know. We do know that you win if you control all the planets. But we don't know if there are other terms for victory as well. Ie kill Vader and Palpy if you are the rebs.

Like Teradyn said we aren't sure anymore. Delphi came on about 4 days ago and was answering some questions and said that it ends at the Battle of Yavin. Whether he meant the game stops there or just the technology you had access to stops there, we are unsure of.

okay....i think delphi means the TECH ends at the battle of yavin, remember there is no battle of yaviin with the whole alterable universe. i would think that at default the win conditions would be to eliminate every ememy unit, and control of all the planets in the galaxy. then more specific conditions could be madein skirmishes like deathmatch, DS kill (when DS blows up rebs win, imps lose) and etc.
I've have you now - Lord Vader

*sigh* What i don't get is Petroglyph have said this is not going to be like SWGB OR Rebellion yet people still think it is. You guys need to understand this isn't Rebellion!

Read my post. I said I was Hoping for it to be like rebellion I never said it was like it, since we don't know for sure if the game time ends at the Battle of Yavin or is simply the technology.

I think there are lot of persons mistaked here, in first place, the tech line ends in battle of Yavin, but there are lots of units from EU and a few from TESB, this doesn't means that the game ends in battle of Yavin, remember that this game lets you rewrite the star wars history, or make your own version of it, this means that you could do one different version of battle of endor, or another battle of hoth, it's your choice, and the

victory conditions are:

1-)Destroy you opponent

2-)Have all the planets

3-)I guess that the Rebels will have objectives like: Kill Palpatine or Exterminate Darth Vader.

Remember, that this game is so large that there are several ways for winning, I think it all depends on wich side you are.

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

maybe we will have mutliple winning conditions with changes during the gameplay.

like you have confirmed the construction of the deathstar you will be have a new victory condition "Destroy the Deadstar."

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

If the game aims to be truly open-ended, the only victory condition would be to take all the planets from your enemy. For example, if Palpatine had died but had left Thrawn immediately in control... well, suffice to say that the imps WOULDN'T loose. Ditto for the Death Star. And the Rebels should/must have had other bases at the time - it woud be ludacris to have all your important figures at one location. On the other hand, no planets and no incoming ressources... well, you're screwed unless you've decided to build worldships somewhere, and I somehow doubt that would be implemented.

P.S. while I'm here, is there a list somewhere here of all confirmed planets?

Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

Calm Down Vader!

Brett did indeed say a while ago that one of the conditions would be destroying the Death Star. Still wondering if the SSD is going to sneak in :D

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Calm Down Vader!

Brett did indeed say a while ago that one of the conditions would be destroying the Death Star. Still wondering if the SSD is going to sneak in :D

Fosh, that is not even remotely funny. :P No SSD, they have already said that it is not there at all.

Anyway, if destroying the Death Star is a winning condition, it is probably referring to the campaign. That I can see, possibly, but for multiplayer, not so much. The Empire would simply not build it, and from what we can tell so far, it would be better for them in all aspects to not build it.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Is it simply occupy all the planets your opponent has, occupy all the planets of the galaxy, or destroy/defend the Death Star? Or does it depend on the faction?
We don't really know. We do know that you win if you control all the planets. But we don't know if there are other terms for victory as well. Ie kill Vader and Palpy if you are the rebs.

Like Teradyn said we aren't sure anymore. Delphi came on about 4 days ago and was answering some questions and said that it ends at the Battle of Yavin. Whether he meant the game stops there or just the technology you had access to stops there, we are unsure of.

That is very wierd Garbageben, I didn't write that, Makwu did! These forums have some wierd issues methinks.

I hope we can turn off conditions like in rebellion. I don't want any "kill this person or destroy this" I just want an openen ended game where I destroy the Rebels.

Plus if destroying the death star is one, I just wouldn't build it, it already is a pretty big waste of resources.

I hope we can turn off conditions like in rebellion. I don't want any "kill this person or destroy this" I just want an openen ended game where I destroy the Rebels.

Plus if destroying the death star is one, I just wouldn't build it, it already is a pretty big waste of resources.

Right, we need to make it a point to find out in the chat at least what effect the Death Star's presence or actions have on popular support in and around the system it is in.

I think that all the timeperiods have been F'd up. I mean. I was posting at 12pm BST and it was putting stuff into areas written about 1 or 2 hour earlier.

I find this issue as ammusingly ironic, given the title of this thread.

yea....but if the desruction of the death star is an aoutmatic loss in skirmish, i would never use the DS because i want to win..i hope it is like in ohter games, if it is availible have it be a additonal vic condition along with conquest and king of the planet or whatnot

i still find it wackky

very wacky

I've have you now - Lord Vader