Empire at War regular mod

Naja

There are a lot of mods coming into development that are going to use the EaW engine. You've got everything from the Sith Wars, to the Clone Wars, to the Expanded Universe (Legacy of War mod).

However, is there going to be simply a regular mod that - in light of the news about the timeline :x - puts full trilogy technology into the game?

And by full trilogy, I mean that standard full arsenal of SSD, Interceptor, Lancer, Carrack, B-Wing, etc.

Nothing Clone Wars, no additional factions, no other frills. Just something to compensate for what was left out of Empire at War.

Oh, and I'm confused as to the victory conditions for the game. Does it end now when you completely dominate the galaxy and capture the last of your opponent's planets, or does it end with the destruction of the Death Star or the realization of some "Battle of Yavin" type mission?

If you're interested in just trilogy Rebels and Empire, Legacy of War is going to "fill in the gaps" and expand the campaign to Ep 6 and beyond. I'm undecided if we'll have a submod of the mod to just be the Trilogy. I think we could easily as it would be mostly copy and paste. =)

Hope this answered the question.

Exactly. You could probably just erase more useless Petroglyph creations like the TIE Mauler, TIE Scout and the Broadside Cruiser and paste in units like the Lancer, Carrack, and Bulk Cruiser to fill their place.

That's great. I'm still not sure about victory conditions, though.

well whatever petro makes in terms of ships and other units, they are probably not useless or they wouldnt be in.

and for vic conditions, its prolly who elliminates ALL of the enmeys units and takes hold of all the planets. i dont think that there will be a ds centered condition, that would seem a little cheap, as in losing it then imps automatically lose? i wouldnt like that

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Idk because why mod all of the Trilogy stuff for it to be released on an expansion only a few months after you complete the entire mod. But I mean who knows lol.

The general concensus is that an expansion would be for a clone wars timeline, not an original trilogy timeline. Besides, an original trilogy timeline will be a subset of the work that the Legacy of War mod is doing so it is not like it will be a whole new project.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Only thing you should think about when working on a CW mod, is that some units (AT-APs, ISPs, Venators and Acclamators) are already made for the official game, so you can save time and energy by simply doing a more advanced "copy&paste" operation. If that's how the editor works, that is. =)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/StarCruiser.jpg