EN600 - A sample of my work for Uni

Darkmark

I thought I'd just share this with anyone interested. It's basically a creation I've finished off for this week's creative writing module (EN600, to be handed in on Thursday). It's not been looked at by anyone else other than myself at present, but is basically to get the professor to know what we're each capable of. Since I haven't shared anything here yet I thought I'd just post it for anyone interested and erhaps to encourage others to post stuff. For all Star Wars fans, be aware, this ISN'T Star Wars related, this is just a piece of writing I constructed over the course of about 3 days. I know the sub-forum is Star Wars fiction, but I thought this was a better place to put this than the bar. I hope those who read it enjoy it, even though I doubt many of you will understand it fully.

If you feel like giving feedback feel free. It always helps, even if it's entirely negative it's better than nothing.

Oh, and if you're still doing those 'Stellar awards' Stellar Magic, you might as well put this up as an entry under short story below 5000 words. That is if you're still doing them.

===============================================

I suppose it would be naive of me to believe that everyone experiences the same feelings with situation repeating itself over and over like a hereditary gene, but even under the knowledge that we’re all individual the fact still remains, we all feel, and it can’t be all that different. I’m sure we all could have been in each other’s shoes, living out each other’s lives in an identical, repeating, probabilistic equation, with the same feelings and emotions as each other. You would expect with this in mind, that you should potentially be able to understand every single of god’s creations, since if you’d have found yourself in their role with the same experiences, you’d do exactly the same atrocities. The only thing that would perhaps be a foul element to this belief is genetics. But it’s been philosophised so many times whether an individual can be born evil that to delve in deep is nothing but foolhardy. In such a situation there is every reason to expect to find yourself in a situation where you stand on the brink, with a chasm before you and salvation behind you. What you don’t expect is to greet that situation literally.

It’s now that I should recount my means of getting here, but to be honest that’s a route I’d never really wish to venture. It serves a purpose to me, but even now I’m beginning to forget it. That’s what ultimately happens to all memories, they fade. I guess that’s what happened to my brother. I take a step back from the precipice and turn to face him.

“I’m here. I’m surprised you would want to see me after what happened.â€

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

• 3 months later...

I don't get quite what you mean.  If you want to post something of a story you'd just post it as normal text.  The way most do it I think is to write their story in microsoft word or some other writing program, then use the copy/paste function to just paste the text into their post.

This one of mine isn't a great example, looks like some time in the transfer of forums it's screwed up the text a little.  Plus it isn't star wars, plus it's really, really old. ;)

Also, don't spam the fan fiction with the same question more than once.  Doing things like that will earn you a one way ticket to being banned.  If you continue to have trouble, and it's a real issue, PM one of the moderators.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk