Neutral forces

Gen.Vader

Harrr...General Grievous looked like a demon from hell in all the trailers...once I saw him wheezing all the time, though, the guy just turned into a self-pitious tin can man with extra arms. :roll:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harrr...General Grievous looked like a demon from hell in all the trailers...once I saw him wheezing all the time, though, the guy just turned into a self-pitious tin can man with extra arms. :roll:

Most people didn't know that the clone wars cartoons (where he was a raging demon) explained why Grievous was weezing. It was because after he captured Paply, he was running to his space ship and was force crushed by Mace Windu while going up the entrance ramp. Yea it was kind of dumb having it explained in the cartoon but not the movie, but Lucas is planning a CGI TV show version of the Clone Wars, so hopefully it will reach a larger audience.

but general grievious is awesome! he is skilled in the jedi ways and can have 4 at once! shoulda used his arms to better use, in the movie he only used four, but he culd have used 5! he only needs 1 leg for support andi think he fought with 5 lightsabers in the CW caartoon. so great
I've have you now - Lord Vader

It just occured to me that you will most likely be able to employ bounty hunters to try and find enemy heros. We have already seen Slave-II. I suspect that once you pay a bounty hunter, they keep showing up at your battles trying to catch the hero. If you are on the ground, all of the sudden a ship lands and you have to start fighting off a bounty hunter who is relentlessly targetting your hero unit.

Bounty hunters could indeed be the counter to uber over-powered heroes. My question is though, how effective would a bounty hunter be against a Sith "mfer" (Sorry had to censor that) like Vader?

Yea, they should have had this scene in:

http://www.aintitcool.com/images/deletedscenes2.jpg

would have made the general more of a badass....atleast it will be in the deleted scences.

how did you do that or find it, that didn't happen in the move? correct?

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

Bounty hunters could indeed be the counter to uber over-powered heroes. My question is though, how effective would a bounty hunter be against a Sith "mfer" (Sorry had to censor that) like Vader?

I think fairly. Jango put up a good fight with Obiwan. If obiwan were to be attacked by two Bh's at once, that would be an interesting fight. Needless to say though, having to deal with one BH at a time would at least take the hero out of the game and distract the player, thus serving its gameplay purpose.

Rock.

Maybe bounty hunters would be vulnerable to regular troops? That seems the most likely rock/paper/scissors unit arrangement. Otherwise, bounty hunters would become the super units.

Regular units < heroes < bounty hunters < regular units

This way, nothing is over-powered.

Don't you mean Regular units < Bounty Hunters < Heros < Regular troops?

Looks like it will work. I dunno... I was never to big on having to focus on hero units. Guess that is why I didn't like WCIII

I agree. We will soon see how well its implemented. I really like they idea of "hero units" such as home one and rogue squadron. But having to micromanage hero ground units and their multiple special abilities seems like it could play out to be a bit much. We'll know soon enough. It could be fixed by making them fairly easy to kill, which I hope is the case.

Keep in mind another reason why the W3 hero focus was such a burden to so many people was because heroes could be ressurected. We can't see that in EaW. Ganging up on heroes may in fact be the best way to kill them?

well thats what anti-air vehicles are for and also surround the hero as best as you can even if your taking damage. Its worth the sacrifice and they're worse off :P

In an attempt to push this back on topic, do you think that the native neutral population will have their own npc heroes? Imagine:

You're on Naboo and have a small gungan force to defend against the Imperials. You've lost a lot of troops in the ensuing battle, and now there's no-one left to stand in the way of the Imperial invasion except your neutral gungan allies... lead by General Tarpals.

I think that would be pretty decent to play with, as long as they don't make the npc heroes stupidly hard to defeat, or have ridiculously stupid AI so they never retreat slightly when hurt.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I'll just say unlike most I liked the gungans, but like all I hated a certain one of them (allthough my mum liked him). So I would like to see them in with the Royal Naboo.

I hope we see aliens in the rebel ranks, with the xenophobic imperials it makes sense, but not with the love-all rebels.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

how did you do that or find it, that didn't happen in the move? correct?

It is from the deleted scenes in the upcoming Revenge of the Sith Dvd. The screens were posted on Aintitcool.com (doesn't seem to be working right now tho)

In an attempt to push this back on topic, do you think that the native neutral population will have their own npc heroes?

That would be very interesting. Perhaps that is how some heros are recruited?

Rock.

Maybe bounty hunters would be vulnerable to regular troops? That seems the most likely rock/paper/scissors unit arrangement. Otherwise, bounty hunters would become the super units.

Regular units < heroes < bounty hunters < regular units

This way, nothing is over-powered.

Bounty hunters are hire hero units. They should be as hard to kill as heroes.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Yeah, but the goal is to create a game where heroes aren't all-powerful. Where you can reasonably imagine playing with no heroes and still expect victory, if you play your cards right.

Hense the hypothetical rock paper scissors.

Regular units get whomped to death by (combat) heroes.

Heroes can be taken down by bounty hunters.

Bounty hunters are vulnerable to regular units.

Bounty hunters may indeed be heroes, but if you look at it a certain way, they're hireable heroes. You probably don't acquire them in the same way you'd get Obi-Wan or Thrawn. You'd probably just...well, buy their services.

Regardless, this should definately be a question for the live chat on the 18th. How the game can be balanced so that heroes and bounty hunters don't lord over everything.

Well im not even sure if bounty hunters have been confirmed (Other than Slave-II). I was speculating (based ont the fact that slave-II was flying around and I can't imagine it belonging to a faction) that bounty hunters come into the gameplay and activily try to capture heros.

Though, we don't really need to ask "Are there bounty hunters" then "Do they come into the gameplay to capture heros?" since the second one implies the first one. I'm very interested in this now that I have put some thought into it and would definetly like to get some answers in the chat.