Planets effects...

Eduardo

Do you think will have both?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think will have both?

• No
    • Yes

I know that planets will have their own weather effects, but, they will have day and night?, or only day?, y hope they have both night and day.

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

but it also depends, would the battle be long enough for the shift?

like most games have it so you and your enemies collide, but you arent realley poised to strike off the bat. but in EaW i suppose you can attack immediately with your dropped troops

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I do recall that on some of the screenshots, the shadows are very elongated. It wouldn't be very hard to program a different point of light and vary the brightness/hue to make different times of day. Making night would require a lot more work however.

I bet that they will do something like in C&C Generals, where you have constant Morning, Afternoon, and Night maps. Meaning they always stay the same lighting. So when you make your own map you can program it to have different lighting.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

Good Plan. Would be fun to have either nightime or Daytime battles depending on the situation. IE Coruscant and Dagobah would be nightime while on Hoth and Corellia it could be either.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I don't think you could fight at night on Hoth. Your troops would freeze to death and your vehicles would probably freeze up. It should be noted that the rebels had to adapt their speeders to accomodate the cold weather and that was during daylight hours. At night it would be much colder.

Yeah, and that never made much sense to me, since the cold side of hoth could never be colder that most areas of space. In fact, most planets in the galaxy would be very very cold/very very hot. You'd think that would be accounted for in all vehical designs. Note that the imperial ships had no problem with the cold. The one arugment could be that the air gets too thin in the extreme cold for the aispeeder engines to work, however, air that thin would not be breathable or sustainable for humans.

Airspeeders didn't have air-breathing engines to my knowledge. They had some sort of Anti-grav tech I think, respro-lifters or somethinng like that... Keep in mind also these are atmospheric fighters (actually, more like ground attack craft) and aren't meant to go into space. The speeders used in Hoth's defense were origanly a civilain design for a somewhat temperate enviroment. To say they should have been designed for the extreme cold is to say that my 1997 Ford Tarus should be designed to survive Antartica. But the reason the rebs used that speeder was for it's adaptability and ruggedness. The reb techies simply slapped some insulators on the radiators in the back and the heat generated by the speeder running was used the keep the electrical systems and engine thawed.

a confirmed planet that will be interesting to see is Ryloth. One side of the planet is always dark and one side is always facing the sun, so there is only a small area that is inhabitable so most tei'leks live underground.

Logic tells me you would battle in their underground cities, but there is no proof that you can do that yet.

Ryloth is not the only planet with extremes like that. I can't wait to see how certain planets are played out. Some are obvious like Bespin, in which you'll likely just fight on cloud city.

On Bespin there is an massive storm area like Jupiter. In which there is a gigantic Storm Eye. So i think that there will be similarities between Jupiter and Bespin. Prob. only allowed to fight on Cloud City.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

It would be fun if they got a bit creative. They are trying to make 40 unique enviroments. Make a planet (Say one of the water worlds) in which there is no place for land troops. They defenders have airspeeders and antiaircraft guns and the invaders must have a mass of bombers to take it out. That is the most obvious "creative" deviation, I'm sure we could think of many others as well.

AT-AT Swimmers, some for of Empire ships and also Scubatroopers to attack the Rebels. Also maybe allow one Star Destroyer (smallest one) to attack in a certain time on the planet surface then go back up. Well all Ican think of is ships for water and Rebels would have to anti-tank it and x/y/a- wing it.

But those were phased out and the Victory still remains.

but the acc is still ingame (and it would be the smallest)

and it would be hard to say the acc and ven were phased out before the vic since most continuity has still yet to be written for the period between epIII and IV so we do not know how long the ven and acc were used by the empire.