Force Powers and abilities

Jmaster3265

I'm not sure if i asked this or anyone has, i know i asked a topic about the heroes but idk about this. So sorry if i have. Does anyone know what powers and abilites the heroes will have in this game? Also the units? Ex: In the demos etc. they only talk about vadars force push and crush...is that all he has?
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

Palpatine obviously has his lightsaber and his ability to summon lightning.

Obi-Wan can sabotage the Death Star, has an aura that can heal units around him, etc.

*shrugs*

about the emperor, do you know this for sure? or are you jsut assuming?

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

I thought it was hilarious. Luke getting pulled to Byss through a Force Storm and the Whole Eclipse and Sovereign Cruisers were great. I think the design was a bit stupid. Superlasers on the ships?? Why?? They also had loads of other stuff in it as well as an amazing number of Turbolasers and Ion Cannons.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Some EU stuff just is flat out stupid lol. The emperor getting cloned is an example. I thought it was really stupid that he supposeably cloned himself many times in the past :roll: . Man thats just dumb lol

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

It sort of made Anakin Skywalker's sacrifice in Return of the Jedi, well...irrelevant, too.

Although there were some cool things about the Dark Empire series. Mainly Palpatine's obsession with turning his current government - maintained by state terrorism and technology - into a Dark Side theocracy, and ruling through his Dark Jedi underlings, absorbing them into his conscious ego.

Sorry Naja but I have to say this. How could the Emperor truly have wanted a "dark side" theocracy. The emperor would never have done this because if he had trouble with one disciple and a potential one (Vader and Luke), how could he hope to succeed with many? Dark Empire is very very unrealistic. What is it Yoda said in Episode 1? There are only two sith at once, the master and the apprentice. Surely he would know that because he has Dooku killed so he can recruit Vader to be his apprentice. *get's off soapbox

The story behnd the "one master, one apprentace" thing

From Wikipedia.

"The New Sith Wars

Slowly, over the next thousand years, the Jedi Order rebuilt itself back to its former strength. Then, some 2,000 years before the Battle of Yavin, yet another Jedi, chafing under the restrictions of the Jedi Council, fell to the dark side, stole a Sith Holocron, renamed himself "Darth Ruin," formed a new Sith Order, and began recruiting others to his cause. This spawned a new series of conflicts, called the New Sith Wars, which lasted for a millennium.

However, the Sith very nearly proved to be their own undoing. Hungry for power, they turned on each other, all but destroying their order. The survivors reformed under the leadership of Lord Kaan, calling themselves "the Brotherhood of Darkness". To appease his disheartened minions, Kaan abandoned the millennia-old tradition of one ruling Dark Lord and granted the title to a good number of his followers, though very few of them were deserving of it.

The final conflict of the New Sith Wars, the War of Light and Dark or the Light and Darkness War (sometimes also referred to, as Exar Kun's war had been, as the Great Sith War), came to a head in the titanic seventh Battle of Ruusan, in which the Jedi Lord Hoth and the Army of Light clashed with Lord Kaan and the Brotherhood of Darkness for the last time. In the end, a deranged Kaan activated a thought bomb, an ancient Sith technique that sapped the life energy of all Force-sensitives in the vicinity. Both armies were all but destroyed, and only one Sith Lord survived: Darth Bane.

To guard against the Sith self-destructing or losing sight of their "ideals" again, Bane took only one apprentice, starting a one-master-one-apprentice tradition to prevent the Sith from destroying themselves again. He also restarted the tradition of passing the name "Darth" to each of his successors, a trend which appears to have originated with Darth Revan millennia before. In a nod to Kaan's earlier pronouncement, both master and apprentice in Bane's Sith Order held the title "Dark Lord of the Sith," making them, nominally at least, equals. The new tenets of this sinister order would be cunning, stealth, and subterfuge.

Well, even outside of Dark Empire, Palpatine had already broken the rule. He had a number of Emperor's Hands, including Mara Jade, and he even trained some of his Sovereign Protectors as Sith, if they proved sufficiently fanatical.

I think the point of his attempt at theocracy was, as I said, not merely to rule his Empire through a religious doctrine, but by absorbing every conscious entity into his ego. Even if this would require legions of Dark Side-enhanced minions, this would not pose the same kind of danger that the ancient Sith Lords had to contend with, because by being mere facets of Palpatine's consciousness, they would be equally dependant upon him for their own power. Sort of like his own apotheosis. There's a very good article on that at domuspublica.net.

Well, even outside of Dark Empire, Palpatine had already broken the rule. He had a number of Emperor's Hands, including Mara Jade, and he even trained some of his Sovereign Protectors as Sith, if they proved sufficiently fanatical.

I think the point of his attempt at theocracy was, as I said, not merely to rule his Empire through a religious doctrine, but by absorbing every conscious entity into his ego. Even if this would require legions of Dark Side-enhanced minions, this would not pose the same kind of danger that the ancient Sith Lords had to contend with, because by being mere facets of Palpatine's consciousness, they would be equally dependant upon him for their own power. Sort of like his own apotheosis. There's a very good article on that at domuspublica.net.

I may be wrong, but weren't the Emperor's Hands not sith or jedi, but just force-sensitive. Mara Jade wasn't a sith by a long shot. My point was that in Dark empire he had sith people (I believe anyway).

Oh. Isn't a Sith simply a Dark Side practitioner? Maybe the word got corrupted by that time in the SW history to the point where only a force-sensitive who tapped into raw emotion and hatred for their power was called one?

Sith is not just a different way of using the force. It is a Religeon. The Sith are an evil kabal of Force users whio wish to dominate the universe. The dark force users are usually jedi who use the dark emotions to access the power limiting their power. A jedi when fully at peace can unleash the Full force. Like Jacen did in UF.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

They're not pointless just a bit wierd. the Dark Nest Trilogy is a very wierd and confusing series as suddenly Sien Sovv is Alliance Commander again even though he retired at the End of Unifying Force. There is no mention whatsoever about Admiral Kre'fey. And suddenly Coruscant is repaired and a long dead race has returned. I mean the Killiks were killed ages ago.

WTF.

BTW Jacen is suddenly a father at the beginning of Unseen Queen. I may have ruined the Legacy series of Books for some people.

I'd like to chime in and say that the EU got out of hand with rediculously predictable plots. "Everything is dandy. Wait, something feels wrong. Oh no, there is still an evil spirt/clone alive. Oh no, there is still a super weapon that was hidden all these years. Oh no, we are all about to die. Wait, yay, we got lucky! Everything is dandy!"

I must say though, the lowest point in the EU was when Luke was being hunted by the one armed wampa and his friends. Who approved that script?

Edit: I'm speaking of the pre-New Order series.