Unit AI

Sparky

Its happened in Generals, DoW, and even the older C&Cs. If you have alot of units, the first ones there will fire and the other ones struggle to get around them to get into range.

Hope this is maybe somehow not the case in EaW. Thanks Delphi.

It also depends on what aspect he is referring to. In the space battles, I dont think that there will be a problem like that since the ships can float above and below each other to fight. On the ground is a different story, and is the main question you are asking I think.

Either it is like you fear and only the "group anchor" units will move in range and all others fire if they lucky to be in range, or it is a mash where every units pushes and shoves each other to get in range, spliting, messingup, spreading out, or otherwise messing up your nice formation. Either one of these will cause problems and it will be interesting to see the subtle ways in which the unit movement and engagement AI will handle things.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

Its happened in Generals, DoW, and even the older C&Cs. If you have alot of units, the first ones there will fire and the other ones struggle to get around them to get into range.

Hope this is maybe somehow not the case in EaW. Thanks Delphi.

It also depends on what aspect he is referring to. In the space battles, I dont think that there will be a problem like that since the ships can float above and below each other to fight. On the ground is a different story, and is the main question you are asking I think.

Either it is like you fear and only the "group anchor" units will move in range and all others fire if they lucky to be in range, or it is a mash where every units pushes and shoves each other to get in range, spliting, messingup, spreading out, or otherwise messing up your nice formation. Either one of these will cause problems and it will be interesting to see the subtle ways in which the unit movement and engagement AI will handle things.

Yeah. The games where the first wave of units stopped to start firing, then got pushed forward by units in the back of the wave were frustrating, especially when attacking a building that shoots back. The range of the units attacking is greater than the range of the building's firing capabilities, but units get pushed into that firing range causing me to lose units. I hope EaW doesn't have this.