OMG

DarthMaulUK

All new details :

As already mentioned, Empireatwar.net will be holding an exclusive Live chat with Empire At War developers Petroglyph and Lucasarts.

The Live chat will take place on Friday October 28th at 7pm GMT. However, 24 hours before the live chat takes place, we are giving FORUM members the chance to have an 'early bird' question posted to the team by asking their question early.

The live chat website will be http://www.empireatwar.net/chat using the IRC chat client.

This page also reveals part of the new branding for Empireatwar.net once more game information is announced.

DMUK

http://www.empireatwar.net

Glad to see the time is perfect ! Thanks DMUK to be European :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most game-technical questions have already been answered, I'd like to get some trivia-answers out of them, like "Will there be AT-TE or UT-ATs or Juggernauts in the game". Something short and specific like that. (And maybe the people wondering about B-Wings/The Executor will get their answer. :P)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/StarCruiser.jpg

I hope the Q&A we put together is back before the live chat. It would be a shame if we get all those questions answered in the chat, only to have the Q&A come back with the same answers... kind of defeats the point of it.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Finaly we can ask if the SSD will be on the game and recive a straight answer.

Thats why I'm not getting on the chat, the first thing my fingers will end up typing is, "WiLL ThErE Be SsD, B-WiNG and TIe InteCEPTORS" in that noobish fashion. :lol:

I strike again!

Finaly we can ask if the SSD will be on the game and recive a straight answer.

Thats why I'm not getting on the chat, the first thing my fingers will end up typing is, "WiLL ThErE Be SsD, B-WiNG and TIe InteCEPTORS" in that noobish fashion. :lol:

Honesty is a virtue...

But oh yeah, I'm gonna grill them on my ship explosions tangent.

Also, I'm gonna grill them about the Death Star planetary explosion: will they fix the glitch with the planet's shockwave going through the Death Star and surrounding ships?

I'm gonna grill them about the SSD, the B-Wing, the Interceptor, and the Lancer Frigate.

Finally, I'm gonna grill them about AT-ATs: are troopers just going to magically "appear" out of it, or will the stormies rapell out the sides in a really neat fashion? Sort of like how American Rangers rapell out of Chinook helicopters in Generals.

My impression of the few pre-release game chats that I have sat in on:

"First off, I just want to say thanks you so so so so much for doing this chat. My name is SuperPetroFan985, I'm your biggest fan!!!!!!!! "

"Is the game going to be any fun?"

"Can I mod the game so that Obiwan can cut of storm troopers heads?"

"In the movies, the grass on naboo is a little darker green than in your games. Have you guys ever watched the movies?"

"Please go play RTW, because I think there is a lot you could learn about RTS genre before you work anymore on this game. Have you ever played RTW? Its really good, I'm serious."

"If you are to include Greedo as an Imperial Hero, can you make sure that Han fires the first shot should they confront eachother rather than having Greedo fire and miss? Thanks"

And my favorite:

"I need know when Death Store falls in battle and pops nar the planet and there are like tini ships and big ship and there are rocks form the planet because that fire ring went around back and out and the are turning around sliding fast towards outerspace sparkles all over and the base sheld of the smaler shiips had vanished and one of the peaces hits near one of the big ships does the one die?"

This is why I'm going to avoid the live chat... I've got a feeling I may have an urge to start hunting people starting with their IPs... But I'm still up for a violent demostration against Gamespy/IGN as a preventive measure. Anyone else still game?

For you semi-humorless folk out there, I'm kidding.

I've no idea where Gamespy HQ is.... :twisted:

"If you are to include Greedo as an Imperial Hero, can you make sure that Han fires the first shot should they confront eachother rather than having Greedo fire and miss? Thanks"

Hahaha, good one. :D

http://www.lfnetwork.com/images/lfnlinker.gif

Star Wars: Empire at War.Net Moderator

&

SWGalaxies Moderator

Co-Leader of The Affiliates! -A-

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!

- May the pants be with you!

I want to ask straight up if the Death Star can fire on ships.

That has been confirmed during the Australia event!!

I disagree. What was said was:

"He can continue to take this battle on. And if he wanted to, depending on how he is playing the game, he may just want to take out the space station or he may just want to take out those ships, again it depends on his overall strategy."

I have listened to it many times and do not feel that he is talking about what the "Death Star" can attack, but rather saying that you dont' "have" to take out the planet just because you have the Death Star with you. Also, we still have not seen a way to select the Death Star and the Death Star itself shows up in the minimap in the corner and never moves, as if it is not actually on the map.

I have listened to it many times and do not feel that he is talking about what the "Death Star" can attack, but rather saying that you dont' "have" to take out the planet just because you have the Death Star with you. Also, we still have not seen a way to select the Death Star and the Death Star itself shows up in the minimap in the corner and never moves, as if it is not actually on the map.

How does the Rebellion assault the Death Star? Is it treated like a unit, a planet, or does it have a special classification?

The Rebellion can attack the Death Star just like any other unit or building in the game. However, the job of destroying it can be easier or harder depending on which units or heroes the player attack it with�

http://swgb.heavengames.com/eaw/interview.php

It should act like any other unit.

I didn't like the answer to #7..

#7 Will you be able to upgrade/build another Death Star unit such as the one featured in Return of the Jedi, meaning ability to fire at capital ships and low cooldown time?

You're only allowed one Death Star? Don't get greedy!

Why the question mark? Was it a typo? And he didn't answer whether or not you get the DS Mk.II or not. Meh...

OMG How old is this interview? Good questions and answers. This is by far the most informative interview yet. How come it wasn't better posted on the forums? hmm Thanks Nevets

PS: If they are going to have some EU units and inhouse creations, I don't think anybody here should worry about ceps, b-wings and SSD's. Im sure there first priority would be to get all the movie vehicles into the game. let me say yay!

EDIT: Looks like this interview was on the 30th. (Only a few days ago). Nevets, you want to make a post for it in the general? (I don't want to make it like i was the one that found it or something )

The aim of the live chat is to have questions answered about the game and for the community to get a feeling of what else we can expect.

i wont be asking the tradtional silly questions you see but of course, everything is a balancing act as there are some questions that they cant answer.

With this chat, I would be expecting something to be announced/mentioned in there somewhere. I should know bythe end of the week who will be attending as well

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

Thanks Darth, my post wasn't meant to be taken too seriously (I hope that was obvious). If we can get one or two "Important facts" revealed to us, then i think it will have been a success.

Ask me any question and i may be able to answer from my own knowledge and from PMs from Cain.

Sure!

How many hairs has Chewbacca got? :P

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

Hmmm. I think that chewbacca has many hairs. More than you unless you too are a wookie :lol:

Probably 2,987,786,213,363,321,787,644

I am basing this as Humans have a few hundred thousand just in their hair.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

The aim of the live chat is to have questions answered about the game and for the community to get a feeling of what else we can expect.

i wont be asking the tradtional silly questions you see but of course, everything is a balancing act as there are some questions that they cant answer.

With this chat, I would be expecting something to be announced/mentioned in there somewhere. I should know bythe end of the week who will be attending as well

DMUK

You mean who from Petroglyph or who people? And if the latter, how someone get in? I understood IRC chats to be open with moderators.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png