Where did all the clones go?

Gen.Vader

quick question, in SW EP3 it ends with all the clones till alive and well, but in ep 4 they have brought in non clones into thier academies and trained them. i know clonbes grow up and die, but what happened to the cloning on kamino? did the emperor cancel his orders of millions of clones?

just something i have always wondered.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

How many times shall we go through this unless I am mistaking this from Lucasarts forums long ago. Anyways my guess is that when the Empire changed they wanted things to be cheaper and more effective so they started recruiting the loyal people and canceled their bill from Kamino and let the Kamino people live their lives of some sort or maybe they're the brains behind all these upgrades. Anyways who knows.

I'm not sure. Some people claim that the Stormtroopers were simply Republican clones in new uniforms, fighting for a new government. No difference.

Others say that the clone facilities were destroyed in the Clone Wars themselves.

i think the original stormtroopers were clones, and then they slowly replaced them with non-clones. One thing to note: If you are making an amry of humans in an entire univser, you'd expect there to be a lot of variation in height and width. However, when luke opens leias door in EP4 she says "aren't you a bit short for a storm trooper?". Now, some might say that she was just making an insult...but it is possible the storm troopers were all the same height to hide that so many of them were still clones. But then you have to factor in the EU in which luke could easily sense a clone from a human. I think George lucas should have never let george lucas write any more after EP4.

Think about this. The clones were started 10 years before the battle of Geonosis. they also have growth acceleration so thats really 20 years age on them. Then account for the 3 years of the clone wars+ the 20 somehting years it takes to get to begin Ep 4. so thats what an additional 40+ years....which would make the clones about 60-80 years old.

George says that stormtroopes are clones, but as the Empire gets bigger and bigger they start using different templetes for the clones. Sometimes this is done for favors, " I will do this for this, if you make so and so a clones". so stormies end up be less and less the ultimate warrior and more of the can't hit anything type in the OT.

We have to remember that Luke can sense clones in the EU, but that is when he is a full fledged Jedi Knight. One could argue that Luke wasnt grown enough in the force to detect the clones in the first trilogy. By the time we get to the EU, most of the cloned stormtroopers are dead as we see in the thrawn trilogy, because Zahn says that you have to be sparing with the stormtroopers (meaning there arent many left). Those troops could be regular humans. A long shot, but it could fit in.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

For one its just asking if stormtroopers are clones or not and we're trying to answer it :roll:

Number 2 is if we'll be able to clone stormtroopers :P

which would make the clones about 60-80 years old.

Damn it, someone's on to my machinima ideas. The series I was working on will (If I can get it to continue) have an 80 year old (ish) clone...

Now all of a sudden people start to think about years in terms of mathmatics and stumble upon my ideas...

...not good... not good at all

(BTW, I always figured that they just made new ones and accepted people via the academy at the same time like Gen.Vader said)

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Lucas himself stated a few days before Episode III came out, that the Empire kept using clones for some time after Order 66, but after a while realized that it was cheaper to just recruit people from across the galaxy, and dropped the clones alltogether.

lmaso.....very nice. Storm troopers had to meet certain requirments like hieght wieght. etc. this could explain why they all look alike. Would you find a 5'5 140 lbs storm trooper intimidating?
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

The Imperial military was a very sexist institution. That's why Daala being a Fleet Admiral was such an anomoly, and took her having to be Tarkin's lover. :roll:

I personally prefer to believe that Stormtroopers are average humans, and not clones. I think it speaks more of the heinousness of dictatorship. It's one thing to say that the minions of Palpatine are all grown in a vat, and genetically predisposed to be absolutely loyal; it's another to say that a nefarious government, spanning across the stars, can expect such rabid devotion from its population, that millions of average Imperial citizens would be so eagerly brainwashed as to don the white armor for what they believe to be a noble and patriotic cause. Dictatorships are fuled by blind patriotism, anyway. Why would the New Order be any different?

lmaso.....very nice. Storm troopers had to meet certain requirments like hieght wieght. etc. this could explain why they all look alike. Would you find a 5'5 140 lbs storm trooper intimidating?

lets just switch a few figures around...hmm 5'5 stays same and 410 lbs?! not very intimidating, how could they ever catch someone as scrawny as luke? (i am supposinng they have at one point and another)but if the empreror himself ordered his clones to make more clones and to do other functions (harvest,manegement etc.) ghe could have HUGE armies and the resources to match.

it is true an xwing could take on about 4-5 and expect to live but how about 40-50? bwahahahaha :twisted:

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Quick note: Luke could sense the clones in EU because they were being created differently, they were not spending the right amount of time in the cloning tanks and there for where not able to sever there connection to the original being but had it severed by force leaving a emptiness.

I thought i read somewhere that some of the stormtroopers (only a small amount) were clones left over from the Clone Wars.

the clones of the eu had no connection to the force because they were "grown" in the force free bubble made by the yasilimari(spelling is wrong i know) this made it easy for luke to sence them because he couldn't see their thoughts through the force. the clone wars clones how ever were not severed from the force so luke wouldn't have known the difference between them and a normal person. :wink:

I thought the stormies were human recruits, mainly because that angsty jedi took the Sun Crusher and blew up the system with the Training center in it and his brother was taken to be a stormtrooper. Also the way they described the academy itself made it sound like it had been around for awhile. One thing they described was that they had banners of Imperial planets from the beginning of the Empire, though some of them turned to the New Republic. Also in the book where Luke faced off against his clone, it sounded like the manical villain (some sort of crazed jedi I think, or a clone of one) re-discovered the cloning technology from the clone wars.

the clones of the eu had no connection to the force because they were "grown" in the force free bubble made by the yasilimari(spelling is wrong i know) this made it easy for luke to sence them because he couldn't see their thoughts through the force. the clone wars clones how ever were not severed from the force so luke wouldn't have known the difference between them and a normal person. :wink:

right sorry, but the origonal clones were not grown in a force free envierment, thats why they felt different.