Revolution controller

General Ackbar

Nintendo;g going to need a lot more than fancy gimmicks on thier consoles and handheld's if they want to keep their place in power. I mean look at the PSP. No fancy stuff, just good graphics, good selection of games, all high-quality. The DS launched with barely the metaphorical skin on it's metaphorical back. So I think the big new console battle will be between Sony and Microsoft, and poor Nintendo will have to think fast if they don't want to be pushed aside.

All that, and the controller does rock.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

I want to see a gun design. The remote just looks kind of stupid. Or just some different kind of grip.

It does look better for an RTS then a a standard controller. The motion sensors would be the mouse pointer. 'A' button would be be right click, 'B' button for right click.

Of course more can be done to make RTS on consoles to work in new ways. I would love to see a good RTS for the new controller.

I know it's early, but I don't see it as great as mouse and keyboard. It may be better then the mouse, but not better then the mouse/keyboard setup. The keyboard makes all the diferent commands easy to use. Commands like all units of one type, groups, force fire, force move, and so many more commands that are used on the keyboard.

As for the Revo. there are no know specs. for the hardware. We don't know. The graphics have to be a minium of Xbox360 graphics. But then again grapgics don't mean S*** next to software support.

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

I will face my fear

I will permit it to pass over me and through me

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing

Only I will remain

-- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/images/hierarchy_banner1.jpg

Lol I barely play games now a days since i'm always foruming or listening to music and watching tv. Soccermom insults dont work against me :lol:

Anyways I still dont get it and i'm not in a mood in reading 3 pages of writing to get the basic idea of what its about :roll:

It looks... original. Then again I have always been a loyal nintendo follower, so I have the utmost faith that it will work perfectly and comfortably for the user.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

well for those who dont like it here is what i have always thought each company has been concerned with/known for

Microsoft = Power systems, GRAPHICS!

Sony= Artistic,storytelling games

Nintendo= Original, Unique,somewhat artistic games and consoles

I've have you now - Lord Vader

well for those who dont like it here is what i have always thought each company has been concerned with/known for

Microsoft = Power systems, GRAPHICS!

Sony= Artistic,storytelling games

Nintendo= Original, Unique,somewhat artistic games and consoles

AKA:

Microsoft; Mainstream graphic *censor*s

Sony; RPGers and Japanese style gamers

Nintendo; Indie and nostalgia gamers (lets not forget the probable ability to download a lot of old NES and SNES games onto the revolution, or did they kill that idea?)

Ah I get it now so its like the old school Nintendo Gun where you could shoot the birds or ducks :roll: Sweet. Well why didn't gamespot say that at the beginning damn. It is both a remote and a controller :? I know I had that idea but I thought it was JUST a remote but its 3 things in one.

I'd be interested to see how they use it. After all, a revolution Zelda and a revolution Mario game are both in the works... I wonder what unique uses the controller will have in games of that nature.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I don't see whats so great about it. The PSP can be a controller for the PS3 and a portable screen for the console. Youy can play PS3 games on the PSP from anywhere across the globe EAT that Nintendo!!!
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Press Release: 08/17/05

We here at Nintendo have always tried to position the Nintendo console as family entertainment. We have a long history of developing games which are both appropriate and enjoyable for all ages and genders. Now, we present to you the Nintento Revolution. We are taking our family business model to the next level. Many studies have shown that the tv remote has been one of the most voltile and contested devices to enter into the modern household. Studies have shown that nearly 20% of all domestic desputes begin with the symbolic toil of remote control, through which the tv remote represents much more than just what is on tv but rather the control of the whole family structure. Nintendo is proud to say we have found a way to end this ongoing thorn in the modern household. No longer will husband and wife have to fight over the remote control, now they can fight with it! Ninento aims to bring couples and their children closer by giving everybody a remote control looking thing to hold and claim as their equal portion of the power. (Of course the Parental Models will have a child-lock that can deactivate the childrens remotes at bedtime and at the two minute warning of Madden 06). We are making a difference. Nintendo: Bringing you the happy home revolution.

Here's how the big three think of their company, business model and their console systems.

Microsoft = Develops OS software first. Hardware second. Only develops games because they have to suport their consol system which supports their software. Realizes that building hardware is not the business of the future. The 360 plans reflect this change by focusing on the online component and the operating software to support it. In the future there will be one powerful system to run all consol games and Microsoft hopes to be the OS to run them.

Sony= Makes hardware. TVs, phones, game consols, etc.. Their plans reflect the old school of thought. Hardware developer first, licensor second, software developer third. Build consoles and sell them at a loss but make the big $$$ by charging the licensing fees to third party developers. In 5-8 years Korea or Hong Kong will probably be selling uber gamming systems that will run all games and this business model will dry up.

Nintendo= Has always thought of themselves as game developer first. They think of making hardware as a necessary evil necessary to run their games. They could care less if other developers develop for their systems.

My two cents

-Katarn

The controller, or "kaukkis-pad" as we call it here in Finland, looks to be an amazing controller. The possibilities are limitless, but the expansions also make it possible to make classic-style games for the Revolution. Imagine using the "kaukkis-pad" to control the movements of a lightsaber in a game. Man, I would LOVE that.

Also, Metroid Prime 3 is coming for the Revolution. This console is a must.

Go Leafs go!

Imagine trying to play Rogue Squadron with that or torching Zombies in Resident Evil 5 :roll: I can imagine it as a link sword and bow and arrow and people getting sore arms withing 10 minutes of playing lol. Well if I can afford it and if any games I like i'll get it and thats after I can afford a PS3 for "Lair", "Gundam World", and "Metal Gear Solid 4" :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
I followed nintendo until the demise of the 64 and never ventured into game cube territory. The xbox was just so dominant and it still is because the online is the best. The new controller design has possiblities but they will be hard to follow through with like lightsaber battles and Legend of zelda first person style. Could be great but could suck horribly only time will tell.