Episode III Plot theories

ElvisMiggell

Everyone apart from those in Ep IV is supposed to die. :twisted:

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucas didn't say, he just said they'd all die.

Elvismiggell. Strike me down and i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine...

Guest Scathane
Lucas didn't say, he just said they'd all die.
So, the people/beings/thingies who live are:

Anakin (although he stretches the definition of living quite a bit)
    Bail Organa
    Boba Fett
    C3PO
    Chewbacca
    Obi_Wan Kenobi
    Palpatine
    R2D2
    Skywalker Twins
    Yoda

Did I forget anyone?

Sounds about right. :)

Hey, I just noticed that the longest lasting characters in the entire SW movies (both trilogies) are:

C-3PO
    R2-D2
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (not alive for the last two, but he was there)

Coming in a close second is Yoda, lasting all but one of the movies.

Sorry, I just thought that would be interesting to point out.

Yoda lives longest, though...
Perhaps, but look how long C-3PO and R2-D2 have been around! They've been through everything! I think they'll both be good for another 900-1000 years. :lol:

My point: the droids may eventually out-last Yoda in total time.

Guest Scathane
You're right. GL has them in every movie because he sort of feels that they tell the entire story. I must admit, that R2D2 is one of my favorite characters...

You're right. GL has them in every movie because he sort of feels that they tell the entire story.
Thus supporting my idea that SW was originally meant to be about the droids and their experiences, travels, adventures, stories, etc (hence the Threepio/Artoo beginning to the SW franchise).
I must admit, that R2D2 is one of my favorite characters...
We can tell. :lol: The avatar tells it all, man. :lol::wink:

Guest Scathane
Back to topic: I wonder what it is that gets Vader so injured. In the Technical Commentaries, there's a lot about lava or a molten pit...

Back to topic: I wonder what it is that gets Vader so injured. In the Technical Commentaries, there's a lot about lava or a molten pit...
Yes, GL's original idea had been that he gets into a fight with Kenobi, but loses and falls into a pit of lava/molten pit. That can also be found on that Episode III script everyone believed I wrote, which I had not. But I have heard that GL has since changed his idea (surprise, surprise :roll: ). So my guess is either lava or a fight with someone who can zap lightening bolts and he gets zapped way too much.

I can still imagine a lighsaber fight against Kenobi on Naboo, and Anakin falling in the molten pit where Maul died.

There are still comments in IV like: When we last met you were the Master and I was the apprentice...

I can imagine that during the battle Kenobi would taunt Anakin. That reagardless of his dark power, he was still an apprentice, etc...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
I can still imagine a lighsaber fight against Kenobi on Naboo, and Anakin falling in the molten pit where Maul died.
I think a saberfight between Kenobi and Anakin/Vader is a must for EpIII.

There are still comments in IV like: When we last met you were the Master and I was the apprentice...

I can imagine that during the battle Kenobi would taunt Anakin. That reagardless of his dark power, he was still an apprentice, etc...

As can I but that line could just as well refer to back when Anakin was still on the good side of things.

As can I but that line could just as well refer to back when Anakin was still on the good side of things.
True, but remember that according to both Kenobi and Vader, after Anakin's transformation to Vader, he was a completely new person. So, if we follow that pattern of thinking, then the last time they met Anakin was probably no more and it was probably Vader/Anakin with dark powers. But, then again, I could be reading too far into it. :lol:

Guest Scathane
True, but remember that according to both Kenobi and Vader, after Anakin's transformation to Vader, he was a completely new person. So, if we follow that pattern of thinking, then the last time they met Anakin was probably no more and it was probably Vader/Anakin with dark powers. But, then again, I could be reading too far into it. :lol:
Nice one, SOCL but study the sentence again:

When last time we met you were the master and I was the apprentice.

As far as I know, Darth Vader never was an apprentice to Obi-Wan Kenobi! So, I think it's safe to say tha Vader is referring to his Anakin days here...

Nice one, SOCL but study the sentence again:

As far as I know, Darth Vader never was an apprentice to Obi-Wan Kenobi! So, I think it's safe to say tha Vader is referring to his Anakin days here...

Granted, granted, but just as it was said Kenobi might have been taunting Vader/Anakin and calling him an apprentice during that possible fateful duel, Vader may have turned the words around to, in turn, taunt Kenobi. Then again, it may not have been Vader in the armor and black form, but Vader simply as Anakin with the darkside. Remember that Kenobi said that Anakin seized to exist when he was seduced by the darkside of the Force, thus becoming Darth Vader.

So, I still may be right...from a certain point of view. :lol: Sorry, I just had to say that. :lol:

And...

Did Darth Vader really write that? :wink:

Just read the entirity of that Ep III synopsis, whilst fun, it is obviously fake. :)

Guest Scathane
Just read the entirity of that Ep III synopsis, whilst fun, it is obviously fake. :)
I agree but I'm still curious: why do you think it's fake?

And...

Did Darth Vader really write that? :wink:

Yes, he did. he keeps a little pink diary, under the oxygen tanks in his meditation room.

Day 1, since Palpy's Empire.

Dear diary:

Today, I'm very happy I decided to join the dark side. It's faster and more seductive, but I like it a lot. I saw Padme from the window of Palpy's office. After I kill all the Jedi, I can go back to her. I miss her...

Goodbye diary, I should be in a bacta tank, recovering my wounds...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Anyway, I just read another interesting option. How about Palpatine? Will the Jedi find out in Ep III that he's Darth Sidious? If so, will he fight Yoda?

Anyway, I just read another interesting option. How about Palpatine? Will the Jedi find out in Ep III that he's Darth Sidious? If so, will he fight Yoda?
I think the Jedi shall find out that he is Darth Sidious, but I seriously doubt Yoda and Palpatine will fight. I mean, can you imagine the powers at work there? 8O It would destroy planets and, maybe, even the entire galaxy. I think Yoda, when he finds out about Palpatine being the Sith Master, will only lower his head, frown in that old-man looking face he does, and just shake his head in saddness....or something like that.