Episode III Plot theories

ElvisMiggell

SOCL, I altered it just that one bit for two reasons:

1. Zahn books, while they are great have some mistakes in it. For example: The Noghri matriarch in DFR says that the noghri had served the mpire for 44 years if you do the math, they would have met vader 31y before anh... so i altered it that they met vader... or a dark anakin skywlaker... 18 ybanh.

We all know about the messed up dates and time, but I don't think we all know that Mr. Zahn was forced to use those dates due to a lack of information LucasFilm supplied him. Read this for info as to why the dates and times in the Thrawn trilogy are the way they are:

http://www.theforce.net/jedicouncil/interview/zahn.shtml

I like the dates presented by the Thrawn trilogy better than those Lucas established in his prequels because it flows far better with the overall continuity of Star Wars and makes far more sense (makes the Clone Wars, Jedi Order, and Old Republic older, as connoted in ANH; etc).

2. noghri could detect leia as lady vader because of her smell, i can't imagine that vader's suit would give away any particular smell other than electronics and canned oxygen... therefore they must have met him in the flesh...
Not completely so. The Noghri had to come up close and sniff Leia to detect that she was Lady Vader. They could have very well come up close and sniffed Vader in a place where he still had living flesh.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the interview too. The matter with the dates is that those dates used by Zahn in the Thrawn trilogy are not used in any other of the Pst-ROTJ EU books. IAnd I think that already in the Last Command he has adopted new dates.

Vader couldn't have been possibly existed 30 ybANH because Luek and Leia are only 18 years old at the beginning of ANH. So Anakin's fall had to happen 18 ybANH. i'd put the Clone Wars from 31ybANH till 22 y.bANH, then a short period of decadence, with most JEdi slain during the war. The Galaxy ravaged by the war would need a new order. Some Jedi, halftrained Jedi that were awarded as Knights to participate in the war, then take rogue actions and start ruining the reputation of the Jedi Order, Palpy, of whom it is said that was placed by the bureaucrats as Chancellor, offers a solution: a New Order. I can imagine that Palpy would have engineered some new threat that would allow Palpy as the head of the republic to force his solution to everybody.

SOmewhere he'd blame the Jedi for the war, woudl blame the for lots of other things, and he'd offer the Republic to neutralize such dangerous elements. Palpy would have also have perverted Anakin enough to use him to sabotage the order.

I must says I got carried away, but that's about what i am writing my preqs.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

OK, here's my 2 cents worth on whats going to happen in Ep.3. 1. Anakin blames obi-wan for Amadala's death, after she gives birth to the twins. Qui-Gon comes back in spirit form trying to calm Anakin down but it don't work. 2. Anakin goes to his one father figure Palpatine and he takes him under his wing and teaches him the ways of the Dark Side. 3. After Palpatine teaches Anakin the ways of the Dark Side, Anakin goes crazy and kills all the jedi except for yoda and obi-wan. 4. And this sets up the battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan which Obi-Wan wins. 5. The twins are split up, one going to Dantoone and one going to Tatooine. Obi-Wan goes to Tatooine to hide from Vader and to watch over Luke.
The force is strong in my family. No, Luke, I am your father.

Bill, what you said is good and all, but you forget that Leia remembers her real mother, so Amidala couldn't have died giving birth to the twins. Everything else though is a possibility.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

one going to Dantoone
Why would Leia go to/be sent to Dantooine? :?

We won't know for certain till ep iii is otu so there are endless possibilities.
True, Trej, but that's the point to this thread: to theorize over what will happen in Episode III.

Guest Scathane

Episode III plot theories:

1. Padmé hides her marriage to Anakin form the Jedi Council. The Jedi Council finds out anyway, which leads to the banishment of Anakin from Jedihood. This will ultimately drive Anakin to the Dark Side.

2. Padmé hides her pregnancy from Anakin. Anakin thus becomes Vader without knowing he has children (he will find out later).

3. Somebody else suggested this before but I really like it... Anakin kills Mace Windu in a lightsaber duel.

Edited by Scathane

Episode II plot theories:

1. Padmé hides her marriage to Anakin form the Jedi Council. The Jedi Council finds out anyway, which leads to the banishment of Anakin from Jedihood. This will ultimately drive Anakin to the Dark Side.

2. Padmé hides her pregnancy from Anakin. Anakin thus becomes Vader without knowing he has children (he will find out later).

3. Somebody else suggested this before but I really like it... Anakin kills Mace Windu in a lightsaber duel.

They're good, Scath, but . . .
Episode II plot theories
Do you mean Episode III? :)

Guest Scathane

SOCL has grown, guys... Let's face it: he's no longer a Padadweeb. SOCL has now mastered the Dork Side and has added a new skill to his mastery of Boring Explanations... He has now acquired mastery of Annoying Corrections as well... So let's bow down before him and give praise to SOCL:

Grand Imperator of BEAK (Boring Explanations and Annoying Korrections) :twisted::twisted::twisted:

So next time when you think SOCL's at it again: tell him to shut his BEAK!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted:

(let's see you correct this, dude :lol::wink:)

Guest Scathane
That one is among your best posts.
Somehow, I cannot help it but feel flattered that you would say this... 8)

Oh, and Scath, corrections is spelled with a C not a K. :twisted:
Amen! :lol: Edited by Scathane

Guest Scathane

Oh, and Scath, corrections is spelled with a C not a K. :twisted:
Amen! :lol:
Hey, what the hell? :? I thought I wrote that, not Trej? 8O The forums must be haunted...still.... 8O
What on earth are you talking about???

Does it really suprise you? :wink:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane

Well, indeed, Bill! EpII plot theories it is... I would like to know what you guys think:

How come that Obi-Wan and Yoda are the only Jedi left at the start of ANH?