My two credits

Moriarty101

I have been a big Star Wars fan since I was about 5. Iam now 30, I was a big fan of Star Wars Rebellion and Battlegrounds. I liked the space battles in Rebellion but it lacked the ground assault part of the game. Same with Battlegrounds great game but no space battles. The only games I play are RTS, never really got into the shoot em up games. When I heard about empire at war I got very excited. This game has incorperated both aspects of the two games that were lacking. I've seen the trailers and a demo, the game looks awsome. I've been on a few sites and forums doing a little reasearch about the game. from what I have seen it its alot like Rebellion. Will all the planets be split up between Empire and Rebellion or will you have planets that are neutral. If so will you be able to sway that planet to your side through diplomatic missions or just a good old hostile take over. I find that this site is more informative than the others (NoBS). Long live the Empire
All It Takes For Evil To Flourish Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.

Welcome to the Forums

Well i'm guessing you control the planets the Republic captured and maybe couple more. The Rebels will have maybe maybe 1-5 planets and Imperials i'm guessing like 5-10. You can capture both neutral and Rebel planets by force and for neutral i'm guessing by just going there.

Nice site, I will have to try them I didn't even know there were Mods for Rebellion. Unfortunately my hard drive crashed a few weeks ago and I haven't gotten it back yet. I am using a laptop from work and this about all I can do for now (It really sucks). I've never used forums untill now. I will give those mods a try maybe that will give me my fix untill SWEW arrives Thanks

Yes, welcome to the forums, a bit of bad luck with the PC though. :cry: Anyway yes EaW will be the "Best of both worlds" The one thing i found lacking in SWR was ground battles, and good graphics! :roll: Im at the opposite end of the spectrum now though, Half Life 2, sweet game, awesome graphics!

Welcome. And I echo the above point saying that EAW is expected to have the lifespan of Rebellion without all the resource management and rubbish interfaces. It should be a lot more streamlined as Petroglyph are spending 3-4 months polishing the engine and all the facets of the game.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

By demo you mean a video demo right not a playable one?

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

I have been a big Star Wars fan since I was about 5. Iam now 30, I was a big fan of Star Wars Rebellion and Battlegrounds. I liked the space battles in Rebellion but it lacked the ground assault part of the game. Same with Battlegrounds great game but no space battles. The only games I play are RTS, never really got into the shoot em up games. When I heard about empire at war I got very excited. This game has incorperated both aspects of the two games that were lacking. I've seen the trailers and a demo, the game looks awsome. I've been on a few sites and forums doing a little reasearch about the game. from what I have seen it its alot like Rebellion. Will all the planets be split up between Empire and Rebellion or will you have planets that are neutral. If so will you be able to sway that planet to your side through diplomatic missions or just a good old hostile take over. I find that this site is more informative than the others (NoBS). Long live the Empire

eew your old? 30? wow lol.no offense....i thought this forum was filled with kids or young adults

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

Well I'm over half, but I'm still only 2/3 of the way there.

I must admit I always considered 30-50 as full adult. But what does age matter? From my experience the older (I don't mean this harshly, I do mean comparatively) gamer is more likely to provide a more balanced and reasonable argument than those still undergoing adolescence who fail to regularly. Also, I don't think many people care who they discuss topics with, whether old or young, as long as the content is worth discussing. Most people would probably be surprised just how many people above the age of 50 play games online and participate in communities like this. So welcome...and don't let the young 'uns get you down. :roll:

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I'm 18 in 2 weeks and 2 days. That makes me legally n Adult here in the UK but everyone I know has been treating me like an adult for the last 3 or 4 years. Just shows how everyone matures differently.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

It's funny how younger gamers think that just cause your not a "kid" anymore doesn't mean u don't love games, like we're supposed to just stop playing games cause of our cronological age, like that matters at all :roll:

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Anyone can be a star wars fan! I now when im older I'll still be one. haha lol. Hey im 15 half of his age lol, when im 30 ill be like, "kids this is star wars (shows them old VHS)....." (kids rolling eyes :roll: ) Welcome to the forums!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

It doesn't really matter how old you are. We are all here for our passion for Star Wars. I am actually impressed with how there is still a big following for the movies. In a way you guys are lucky with all the new episodes comming out. I was stuck watching old VHS for years untill they released the speical editions. Its not how old you are its how old you FEEL. Remember New Hope was released in 1975, most of you were not even born. Every day someone tells me to grow up, I just say why would I want to do that. Live your life the way you want to. Just be you

It doesn't really matter how old you are. We are all here for our passion for Star Wars. I am actually impressed with how there is still a big following for the movies. In a way you guys are lucky with all the new episodes comming out. I was stuck watching old VHS for years untill they released the speical editions. Its not how old you are its how old you FEEL. Remember New Hope was released in 1975, most of you were not even born. Every day someone tells me to grow up, I just say why would I want to do that. Live your life the way you want to. Just be you

Exactly :P I'm still getting joked at (kindly) that i'm a Star Wars fan and it aint goign well with other people but I got a small group i'm in. Anybody know the game Stratego ? I watch friends play that game every lunch time at school (when I aint sick of course).

It's funny how i assume your all refering to me? I was just saying....can we stay off topic. :wink:

p.s isn't it funny how ppl say you can be rude yet there rude in return..tsk tsk that they are so low they have to insult kids, teenagers, etc. :wink:

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg