EAW - Reality Bites

BigInc

Hello everyone,

First of I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for all their opinions and feedback that has been given about this game. I have been an avoidant reader of this form and have finally decided to take part in the conversation. However, there are a few concerns that I can no longer ignore.

The most impelling thing I would like to bring up is the fact that everyone keeps bringing up how they want to see recon, espionage, recruiting, diplomacy, tractor beams and blah blah blah. Well I would just like to point out that all of those ideas on paper seems fine and yet quite exciting! In reality, we must keep in mind that sometimes too much detail and micromanagement can lead to disaster. I would like to point that games that take too much time and depth can sometimes turn a large portion of players away. For instance, if I can use "Starcraft" as an example! The game is very fast paced, units are all equally balanced between the three races, yet it simple and very exciting. I continue to play Starcraft because I have yet to find a strategy game that lives up to its expectations. So, this is my biggest concern! I am extremely excited about Empire at War because I have grown up as a huge Star Wars fan and continue to be.

After reading many post I decided to try Rebellion because everyone keep talking about it. It was okay if that! Even though it was 10 years old I did keep this in mind. I mean come-on I still play Starcraft. The interface was average and the battles were lame. The game seemed more focused on the boring things like building and using your hero’s to turn the tide in your favor. I must say that the game was lacking.

In summary, all I really want from Empire at War is a good, well balanced (Rebellion and Empire) game that delivers. Not to complicated; yet fast paced. Adding all this extra non-sense will ruin the game and yes, you might see a sequel but after everyone is disappointed from the first no one will buy the sequel. I know I may seem to critical but I am just being honest!

I am sorry if most of you don't feel the same way, but I have to express myself!

Thank you for reading this post and I know I will be hearing from you!

BigInc :evil:

Hello everyone,

First of I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for all their opinions and feedback that has been given about this game. I have been an avoidant reader of this form and have finally decided to take part in the conversation. However, there are a few concerns that I can no longer ignore.

The most impelling thing I would like to bring up is the fact that everyone keeps bringing up how they want to see recon, espionage, recruiting, diplomacy, tractor beams and blah blah blah. Well I would just like to point out that all of those ideas on paper seems fine and yet quite exciting! In reality, we must keep in mind that sometimes too much detail and micromanagement can lead to disaster. I would like to point that games that take too much time and depth can sometimes turn a large portion of players away. For instance, if I can use "Starcraft" as an example! The game is very fast paced, units are all equally balanced between the three races, yet it simple and very exciting. I continue to play Starcraft because I have yet to find a strategy game that lives up to its expectations. So, this is my biggest concern! I am extremely excited about Empire at War because I have grown up as a huge Star Wars fan and continue to be.

After reading many post I decided to try Rebellion because everyone keep talking about it. It was okay if that! Even though it was 10 years old I did keep this in mind. I mean come-on I still play Starcraft. The interface was average and the battles were lame. The game seemed more focused on the boring things like building and using your hero’s to turn the tide in your favor. I must say that the game was lacking.

In summary, all I really want from Empire at War is a good, well balanced (Rebellion and Empire) game that delivers. Not to complicated; yet fast paced. Adding all this extra non-sense will ruin the game and yes, you might see a sequel but after everyone is disappointed from the first no one will buy the sequel. I know I may seem to critical but I am just being honest!

I am sorry if most of you don't feel the same way, but I have to express myself!

Thank you for reading this post and I know I will be hearing from you!

BigInc :evil:

may the thiunder gods have mercy on your wretched soul :twisted:

naww and welcome! we always need a string to tie us down every once in a while, good observation and hope to see moere of you on the forum!

I've have you now - Lord Vader

:arrow: Welcome BigInc :) Pls. enjoy your time with us.

:arrow: The time for changes in EAW has long gone - now is the time of testing and polishing.

:arrow: So I think that our feedback should be directed at areas were bugs may show up or the game may become unbalanced.

:arrow: ... in my opinion the game is simple and complex in the same time - depending on tase.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

It may just be me, but from the looks of things most of the recent posts have been more about inquiring what the game will include other than about suggesting new ideas.

You've also got to realise, that any of our suggested creative ideas are just that, ideas and not the reality. Petroglyph knows what they're doing, so I doubt that we're going to see a finished game where only a genius or statastician can hope to ever play.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Yup we're just exploring new areas of the map to see how well the game could be with pros and cons. Remember my character idea and spectator idea ? Wont be inthere since its just an idea and Petroglyph has its own game plan to finish of the game.

They're exploring the map their way and we're exploring it our way and their building units their way we're just suggesting and keeping quiet. You know when you play games someone behind you says do this but you do something else ? I just felt like ranting and i'll just cut it here and I bet someone will be confused :roll:

I liked rebellion it was a STRATEGY game though. It mainly focused on Strategy. Thats why you may have thought it was boring but it takes smarts to plan a good strategy, i also Loved starcraft! But starcraft had less strategy, the only strategy the had was how to execute an attack whereas Rebellion made you use strategy ona grand scale, 200 planets! The two games ares slight opposites, one is fast paced the other slower. EaW looks to be the bridge between the two.

I liked rebellion it was a STRATEGY game though. It mainly focused on Strategy. Thats why you may have thought it was boring but it takes smarts to plan a good strategy, i also Loved starcraft! But starcraft had less strategy, the only strategy the had was how to execute an attack whereas Rebellion made you use strategy ona grand scale, 200 planets! The two games ares slight opposites, one is fast paced the other slower. EaW looks to be the bridge between the two.

That's sorta why many people hated the original Kessen even though I loved it. Becasue it was a lot of strategy and not enough action. I still love it though.

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

I personally loved Rebellion, but it took me a good days before I mastered everything. It has a ton you have to learn but as soon as you figure out what your doing it can be enjoyable. But i'm not saying it was perfect. The constant clicking was annoying as was the repetitive sound track :x .

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I like Grand Strataey. If you don't have to micro manage every little thing, then you have time to thing of how to crush the rebel scum.

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle