How do you think is going to be the jump to Hyper space?

Eduardo

Well, how do you think is going to be when you need to go to a remote planet and you'll have tu use the hyper space??, I mean, there will be a Menu that will allow you to go and the ships will go, or every ship has it's own form (Without a Menu) to go into hyper space, I like more the second...

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

No, the ships can do the hyper space from some planets to others, (depending on the distance, wich is pretty cool), but the cuestion is that if you can select a...let's say star destroyer, and in an icon it says: Hyper space, you click on it and then you decide to wich planet to go, or there will be a menu for this???

School Wars!!! Command your Forces!

Crush the School!!! :twisted:

I am not sure if this was meant as part of the original question but I am wondering how hyperspace is handled once you are in a space battle. In the Star Wars universe, there is no restriction on a single ship going into hyperspace and leaving the fleet, but if anyone remembers Rebellion, you could not do that, the whole fleet had to go at once. I for one hope that a single ship can execute the jump to hyperspace singly as that would present extremely valuable hit-and-run tactics for the Rebels, and the Empire to for that matter.

Imagine this scenario: the Rebels build up a large group of ground combatant but dont have too much of a fleet due to a recent engagement with the Empire. They hyperspace in with what they have only to discover that the Empire has a small fleet protecting a repairing Star Destroyer. If you have to move your fleet at once, the Rebels will have to leave right then because they can't adequately protect their troop transports. However, if you can, they could have their transports jump out immediately and launch an attack against the Imperial SD and score a major blow at a relatively low cost fleet-wise.

Any thoughts?

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

If I remember correctly doesn't this game Hyper space jumps all thips even if its like a meter or as far as the Earth to the moon ? :roll:

I was also under this impression.

Dont you remember in the E3 video where it has on the main menu/galaxy map the planets...and when you click on them or around them it pulls up a box which shows all the ships in that area... then you select what ever ones you need and then click on a planet. then you see them coming out of hyperspace and then you get to fight the battle or what ever. but i dont know how it would work for when your trying to retreat...?