Confusion on certain Heroes

Jmaster3265

What i don't get is wasn't kyle a made up character? Like in star wars novels and games? I think...so why would they put him in this game? its episodes 3-6 I believe..well few years before A New Hope..

p.s i'm confused on Mara Jade as well

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

I believe Mara Jade was in during Episode 6 as a Dancer but failed to kill Luke. Shes somewhat movie character but no :roll: Katarn I dont know well but I think he was that perrson at Tatooine near the sandcrawler in Jedi Academy :?

I think its to make the game a smashing hit. If its about episode 3-6 it would be somewhat dull but spice it up a little and you get a spicey soup. You can eat the soup without the spice but some to most people like the spice :roll:

Well it said she was in the movie in Episode 6 on Starwars.com/databank and if they're wrong then dont blame me blame them for sending out rumors or false information. I'll watch it since I want to see parts I forgot about.

Ok Here is the Lowdown guys!!

Mara Jade: She was taken from her homeworld as a child and was trained by the Emperor to be an extension of his will. He named her the Emperor's Hand and sent her to sort out problems like rogue admirals and sedition of govenors. She was sent to Tatooine and became one of Jabba's Dancers so that she could kill Luke Skywalker when he came to save Han. She would have succeded if Jabba had let her come on his Sail Barge to the pit of Carkoon. She then became a loner for a few years before hooking up with Talon Karrde. After that she helped the Republic destroy the Emperor's Storehouse on Wayland and completed his Last Command to her of KILL LUKE SKYWALKER. She became one of Lukes initial Jedi Trainees. She fled the Acadmey when she became bored with his teachings and after her Headhunter was stolen by Kyp Durron. Mara then began her own shipping company for a few years after searching for Jor'j Cardas with Lando. She amalgamated her company with Karrde's and then became his successor when he semi retired. Later on she would take a trip to Nirauan where she and Luke get trapped by the Chiss and discover a clone of Thrawn in hibernation. They destroy the area and Mara agrees to marry Luke. Just before the YV invasion she is infected by a YV Coomb Spore and only the birth of her son Ben could finally cure her. She is currently a Jedi Master and is Jaina's Mentor sharing the role with Kyp Durron.

Kyle Katarn: Kyle Katarn was an elite Rebel agent entrusted with some of the most crucial missions of the Rebel Alliance. It was Katarn that single-handedly infiltrated an Imperial installation on Danuta, securing the technical plans of the Empire's Death Star battle station.

A former Imperial, Katarn was born on the Sullustan colony moon of Sulon, living a simple existence as a farmer with his father Morgan. Unaware of his father's Rebel sympathies, Kyle joined the Imperial Academy at Carida. He was indoctrinated and became a decorated Imperial trooper.

While in the Academy, Kyle's father was killed. Official records indicated that the elder Katarn had been murdered by Rebel dissidents. Kyle learned the truth, however, from a Rebel agent named Jan Ors. His father was killed by the Empire for treason. Disgusted with the institution he had joined, Kyle discarded his badges and merits, and cast away his Imperial trappings. He resolved to join the Rebellion.

Kyle became a highly capable and recommended Rebel agent, vouched for by the respected Jan Ors. Kyle drew the attention of no less than Mon Mothma, leader of the Alliance. She entrusted Katarn with that fateful mission to Danuta, and after the Battle of Yavin, Katarn was instrumental in quelling the threat of the Imperial dark trooper project.

Returning to Sulon, Kyle learned that his father had been aiding a refugee effort on the barren world of Ruusan. Morgan had discovered ancient ruins on Ruusan pointing the way to the Valley of the Jedi, the fabled battleground between the ancient Jedi and Sith. The Valley represented a great focal point of energy that if exploited could turn the tide in the perpetual battle between light and dark. Kyle knew that the location of the Valley should never fall into Imperial hands.

Others were already on the path to discovering the Valley, however. The Dark Jedi Jerec and his six henchmen, Gorc, Pic, Maw, Sariss, Boc and Yun, were determined to seize the nexus of power. One by one, Katarn defeated them, though in his aggressive strikes, he came dangerously close to succumbing to the dark side of the Force.

Deep in the Valley of the Jedi, Kyle confronted Jerec, the very man who had killed Morgan Katarn. The two did battle, and when Kyle slew Jerec, he fulfilled an ancient prophecy. The spirits of long-dead Jedi, trapped in the Valley for a thousand years, were finally freed. With this energy unleashed, the Valley of the Jedi's worth as a weapon was effectively eliminated.

Long used to operating independently, Katarn at first refused Luke Skywalker's offer to become a Jedi apprentice. Instead, he continued to serve the Alliance, now the New Republic, on many important missions. After a troubling run-in with the dark side on the forgotten Sith world of Dromund Kaas, Katarn conceded that he would benefit from Skywalker's tutelage, and joined the Jedi Master's fledgling Jedi academy.

Kyle is human male with rugged good looks and an athletic build. He brandishes a green-bladed lightsaber, though he has been known to have access to a veritable arsenal of personal weaponry. He often travels with Jan Ors aboard the battered starship, the Moldy Crow

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

This is a bit off-topic, but Fosh do you believe that if Mara had gone on the barge with Jabba that she would have succeeded in killing Luke? Do you think he would have felt it in the force and been able to survive anyway? On-topic I'd have to say that Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn both would be awesome to use in covert ops. action.

I think it would have been a tough fight. At this point Mara was no Sith/Jedi but still a Force Adept and "knew a few tricks". (The Emperor never wanted to tell her more because there is only one master, one disciple. I heared somewhere that he was afraid of how powerfull she might become but I think thats just a rumor)

Of course Luke was at this point stronger in the Force but Mara the most deadly assasin in the galaxy so he would surely have had problems... if Mara had missed the first shot/stab ;)

FYI

The Books and Games are lesicned by Lucasfilm, there for they are considered cannon by Lucasfilm. If you don't like the EU, to darn bad.

This is why Kyle and Mara can be in the game.

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle

um, aren't all the characters in starwars made up? the universe has expanded in many mediums: Books, games, comics, movies, cartoons, even card games and nerd conventions... I dont think one genre makes a star wars character more made up than any of the other genres. All must get approval from LC and instantly become real star wars characters.

This is a star wars game, not a star wars movie game (Thank god).

Take a look at any of the screen shots and you will see a unit/ship or two that was not in the movies. Star wars has become much more than just movies over the past decade.

This is a bit off-topic, but Fosh do you believe that if Mara had gone on the barge with Jabba that she would have succeeded in killing Luke? Do you think he would have felt it in the force and been able to survive anyway? On-topic I'd have to say that Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn both would be awesome to use in covert ops. action.

Luke had a vision when he went into the cave on Dagobah in the Heir to the Empire book showing that when R2D2 fired the lightsaber into the Air it would have gone to Mara who would have a force grip on it far before Luke would have.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

So in a way they were both running around in the movies. They just weren't part of the main story in the movies. WHich makes them valid choices in the game for heros.

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

god i love the JK series but i like 2 better than 1 and 3.eehh soso

with the 3rd i didnt like how you were just some new "random" adept runnin around and doing missions, it was a more "free" game but i didnt like how swiftly you could change sides and that the fact if you had invested in all dark force powers you could still be good. :(

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum.

But, I was curious as to why Dash Rendar or Prince Xizor hasn't been seen. As far as I'm aware, Shadows of the Empire is the only Star Wars canon that is not part of the films. With that said, Black Sun as NPC third party??

Also, I'd prefer Piett to Ozzel.

Well I bet Ozzel has a better chance then Xizor or Dash Rendar :roll: Well in my opinion anyways unless i'm wrong and every single major character will be in there.

Dash I could live with, he had a cool ship (Which I believe got snuck in to one of the redone films. I may be wrong about this). As for the whole Xizor and Black Sun think of it this way. We get Kyle Kataarn (I think), but the chances of us getting any of the other characters in the storyline of the JK games is unlikely (Mara Jade being the exception for obvious reasons). So we won't likely see Mohc, Jerec, Desann. They just don't seem to be important enough EU wise, the same seems true of Xizor and Black Sun. Even Dash isn't too important to be honest...

With Kyle in, Thrawn seems much more likely to be in now. They've got to be at least as important as each other. Ozzel and Pellaeon were in the films, so they too are both likely to be in there somewhere.

god i love the JK series but i like 2 better than 1 and 3.eehh soso

JK1 (also DF2) had the much better storyline and characters. JK2 with reborns with transferred force energy? Please... even DF beats JK2 storyline wise. JA seemed built to better the multiplayer, so you're right, the single player was pretty shoddy.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk