Ship explosions

Naja

Is it just me, or are some ship's/station's explosions rather anticlimactic? Now, granted, I just got done watching that very long E3 video, and that was months ago. But in space combat, it seems that the only ship to get a worthwhile explosion was the ISD. When ISDs are destroyed, they beautifully split in half, and float around while slowly breaking apart and exploding. When a Mon Cal was destroyed, POOF! There it non-chalantly went. Even in a very recent video from the convention, a horde of ISDs attacked a space station, and it simply exploded. No graceful splitting in half, no floating debris, nothing. Do you think they're going to work it out so that at least stations and heavier capital ships get very grandiose destruction graphics? :wink:

That demo was just made for E3, it hadn't even been in it's alpha stage yet. I'm sure they will fix it so all ships make a nice ka boom when it's all polished :)

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

That demo was just made for E3, it hadn't even been in it's alpha stage yet. I'm sure they will fix it so all ships make a nice ka boom when it's all polished :)

true. im sure there are many things we havent seen in their full potential yet.

Its a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

Well, I again watched my E3 Convention EaW footage, nerd that I am, and noticed that for a few seconds in one of the space battles they were showing, an ISD simply goes kaboom, as well. Perhaps it's only been coincidence, or that the ISD is just a magnificent ship to start working explosions on, but this just makes me think that perhaps their ship explosions will truly be interesting to see, and not simply trivial explosions all the time.