Lightsaber combat, lightsaber-wielding units

Naja

Lightsaber combat, in the form of Obi-Wan and Vader, seems to still be a little choppy - at least in the last videos we've seen. Do any of you see lightsaber combat heroes gaining more fluidity and grace in their animation?

Besides this, what other heroes do you see having lightsabers? So far, we know that it's going to be Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Mara Jade.

Perhaps the Emperor is still lightsaber-capable?

Luke Skywalker, obviously.

Perhaps Yoda can still hack it?

I'm out of ideas, now.

Well, it just seemed choppy to me.

In that first video, when Vader is slaughtering Jawas and the few Rebels defending them, the lightsaber action wasn't abysmal, but it could be refined a bit. Same with his duel against Obi-Wan.

In that one footage video from the German convention, when Obi Wan is defending the Rebel shield perimeter being stormed by Snowtroopers, it again seemed a little choppy. Now, granted, that video was very low quality. But his lightsaber swings still seemed a little odd.

Also, his movement seemed a little bad, too, in that Hoth footage. It just seemed like Obi-Wan was floating around, rather than walking. *shrugs* Just how it looked, to me.

Ah well. I'm sure that it will look much more graceful come February, no?

Besides this, what other heroes do you see having lightsabers? So far, we know that it's going to be Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Mara Jade.

Perhaps the Emperor is still lightsaber-capable?

Luke Skywalker, obviously.

Perhaps Yoda can still hack it?

I'm out of ideas, now.

Would Luke (if in this game at all) have a saber? I am not positive on how far this advances down the timeline but I know it starts after Episode 3 and prior to Episode 4.

I had pictured in my head that we may see him...but he would only be on the moisture farm on Tatooine with the Lars family. This would be the reason to see Obi Wan on the planet ...trying to protect him. I was thinking that it would make Tatooine a very critical planet for control or destruction if that is the case.

But I could be totatlly wrong....was anything ever said about Luke...Leia and some of the other characters that needed a bit of time before they really become a powerful force (no pun intended) in the timeline?

Would Luke (if in this game at all) have a saber? I am not positive on how far this advances down the timeline but I know it starts after Episode 3 and prior to Episode 4.

Actually, since we know Kyle Katarn will be a playable hero, the timeline has to go from after Episode III to after Episode VI.

Welcome to the forums.

Go Leafs go!

Actually, since we know Kyle Katarn will be a playable hero, the timeline has to go from after Episode III to after Episode VI.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome!

But also....just remember Kyle was around before Luke was in the rebellion...he was one of the rebels that helped retrieve the plans for the DeathStar. Wasnt that the story of Star Wars Dark Forces? Those were the plans that Leia eventually carry in ANH.

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome!

But also....just remember Kyle was around before Luke was in the rebellion...he was one of the rebels that helped retrieve the plans for the DeathStar. Wasnt that the story of Star Wars Dark Forces? Those were the plans that Leia eventually carry in ANH.

Yeah, you are correct. Kyle Katarn was with the rebels before Luke was. I think Luke will be in the game of course, but I think the reason people think that the "timeline" of units will go past Ep. VI is that Kyle Katarn is probably most associated with the Jedi Knight series of games.

Going to be fun regardless.

I am just enjoying the possibility that we might see Luke as a pretty minor character in this game (if he is in). Makes it very compelling when you think that someone like Porking, Biggs, Jansen and Red leader could be much more valuable then the Iconic Luke (at least during a certain time of the War).

I think that like Rebellion Luke will be weak at the start of the game. He will be that moisture farmer. However he will get extra leveling up bonus' compared to the others as he uses the force. Then when he and Kyle meet there could be Jedi Training and both get a lot more powerfull. Then Luke will meet others like Corran Horn and Tyria Sarkin leading to an all Jedi fighter Squadron.

I wonder what characters we will have. We have Red Squad, when they fight the Death Star will some die and the squadron become Rogue squad and get Tycho, Corran, Gavin, Asyr and Ooryl?

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

coulld we put the force in boba fett like desann did to his cultists?

that would be sweet.

echuu-shen jonn, leia,yoda,obi,vader,pappy, they all have to have thier lightsabers.

and to me the combat is pretty good.

my 2 cents.

I've have you now - Lord Vader

coulld we put the force in boba fett like desann did to his cultists?

that would be sweet.

Great idea! Imagine Boba Fett flying around and shooting missiles while deflecting blaster bolts and slicing ground forces. Or maybe not, 'cause if that were possible, the ground battles would pretty much become lightsaber fights. Everyone would be using the force. I don't want too many Force users in the game, that would hinder their value.

Damn! Now that you reminded me, I can't decide wich faction to use, since Boba is an Imperial hero.

Go Leafs go!

bah humbug, the only way to go is imperial! you will agree too lest i stick my force weilding fett on you!

but i would like it if some heroes or even vetrean/elite units if they spent enough time with yoda/palpatine that they could be force adept. but if thier were too many force adepts it would create a disturbance that was sensed by yoda/palpatine and they would go out to crush the force adepts just so it didnt become to great?

one possible balancing concept :D

I'm satisfied with the current look of lightsaber combat. It looks great to me.

So am i. Its not like in SWBG where one guy hits the other, than the other hits him back, and so on until one of them dies.

remember guys its a good year from being released, im sure they will fine tune everything.

First of all a year? I thought it was coming out in 6 months or so as well? :wink: Secondly, I think the lightsaber look isn't the best but it's ok, maybe they'll improve it.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1135/jmaster3265signew13rd.jpg

Can't weight now can we. Remember, pacitince is a virtue.

-Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord Of the Rings

-Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.

General George Patton Jr

-Cool game being made a high school student, I recommend checking it out. 

http://www.spacedoutgame.com/

Matt Castle

MCAS1937@yahoo.com

http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Matt%20Castle

The light saber combat isn't that important since it is a RTS.

Its not like it will be "OMG, look at that saber combat, its so cool."

I want to say "OMG, there is so much strategy depth to this RTS game."

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

I will face my fear

I will permit it to pass over me and through me

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing

Only I will remain

-- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/images/hierarchy_banner1.jpg

some of us like flaming monkeys that arent...flaming...

how do you think they would handle multiple jedi fighting at once?? like have 6 jedi fighting at once just throw them all together hacking and slashing? or would there be some acrobatoics involved?

just brainstorming from lack of sleep....zzz