*Confusion*

Naja

I've looked at those pictures from the German games convention, and here are a couple things that simply confuzzled me:

- X-Wing squadrons have 10 combat points while TIE Fighter squadrons have 20

- ISDs have 70 combat points while Mon Cal Cruisers have 80

I assume that combat points are more or less the units' strength, i.e. hitpoints? If that's the case, that doesn't make sense. ISDs are near-impregnable space fortresses, and while not invulnerable, I don't understand why a Mon Cal would be stronger. I'm even more confused why the frail-ass TIE Fighters are stronger than the Rebels' X-Wings. :shock:

Mon Cals have backup shields and stuff.

Yeah, but apparently almost all heavier starships have the ability to re-power their shields. I just remember ISDs being stronger than even Mon Cals.

Whilest the mon cals overall shield strength is a bit weaker then an ISD, the mon cal has dedicated back up shield gens that can kick in, when parts of the shield weaken, reinforcing them, as i understand it. I didn't get the deal with the ties being stronger then x-wings either to tell u the truth, i was very confused as well. Guess we gotta keep in mind that it's in it's alpha stage, but i hope they fix that.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

well for the TIE question

imperials just make better ships, alot better than those blasted rebels...

and for the mon cal thing vs. ISD

the person playing the rebels OBVIOUSLY hacked thier way into the game to make rebs better.

and no i am not being biased to one side or the other. :wink:

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I guess it's because of the upgrades the player bought. If you look closely on the left side of the screens you will notice that there are different kinds of upgrades. I think that some of them raise your fighter or cap ships combat strenghts. If this is true the values are worthless because without knowledge of the upgrade effects we will never be able to compare them to each other...

These data is simply wrong. In fact in the alpha most of this data was (displayed) wrong. A good example is this screenshot. There you can see that a Mon Cal costs less than a squad of A-Wings. Its just the same with the units combat points.

These data is simply wrong. In fact in the alpha most of this data was (displayed) wrong. A good example is this screenshot. There you can see that a Mon Cal costs less than a squad of A-Wings. Its just the same with the units combat points.

Hmmm...we won't be building a lot of A-wings then? :P

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Yes but A wings can take out an ISD faster than a Mon-Cal can. You just get a one time use though.

Combat points don't really sound like HP though because those numbers look a little low. Maybe attack strength but either the data is a little odd.

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

Yes the image is confirmation of Luke Skywalker: http://images.pexsus.com/games/empireatwar/misc/gamesconvention/news/3f003ca44c7c79bf7ad0097b2f0db041.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

No, I have to disappoint you. Its not the confirmation for Luke ;)

The used Image is just the confirmation for the Red Squadron in which Luke is in (but also Wedge and all the others). There is no proof that he will be a playable "ground unit" but in space he is only one of the squad. (You can see their different names when you move the cursor over the different X-Wings)

But I think it is very likely that he will be one of the heroes.

mh. I do not remember exactly but I give it a try:

Increasing Income (the amount of ressources you gain per second)

Increased Weapons (not sure which)

Again better Weapons (not sure which)

Better Armor (I think one for all)

dont know about you guys, but that pic reminds me WAY to much of C&C Generals

In the end all RTS games remind me of Dune 2 ;)