Demo in December

Garbageben

For those who thought this was another repetitive post about the demo you're wrong. I'm just wondering what the rest of you think on this thought: Will it be single-player skirmish exclusively or (hopefully) will it also be multiplayer capable? I'm of course hoping that it will be both single and multi-player. Your thoughts are welcome.

Single player could be the same as Multiplayer skirmish. Map i'm guessing would be the one such as the one in the E3 demo with Tatooine on land and in space.

I hope its online play so I can beat Indum in there :P and i'll try my luck against Fosh :roll:

As I've said though, I hope that the whole upgrading-and-building-your-units-in-the-midst-of-combat-thing is particular to skirmishes only. I can't reiterate that enough.

I dont think anyone would be owning anyone right away, you know how it is when you play a new RTS for the first time, your running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out how evcerything works. The people who would have a one up on us would be Junker and Little.b.

Single player could be the same as Multiplayer skirmish. Map i'm guessing would be the one such as the one in the E3 demo with Tatooine on land and in space.

I hope its online play so I can beat Indum in there :P and i'll try my luck against Fosh :roll:

Hmm....Multiplayer between Me, Indum and G_S :roll: . MUHAHAHAHA :lol: Just try and Stop Me!!!

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I dont think anyone would be owning anyone right away, you know how it is when you play a new RTS for the first time, your running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure out how evcerything works. The people who would have a one up on us would be Junker and Little.b.

haha i was just goofin around!

Its a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

Does anybody remember my idea of specator unit from Lec forums ?

If Anybody wants to watch a battle they would chose which land and space unit from neutrals they'd chose. They would watch battles as they happen but they would be ghost and have no effect to the Imperial and Rebel players since they're ghost like. They can only talk to other spectators. If they use teamspeak or Xfire it wont do much since the players mind is faster then typing. :roll:

I never worked well in large teams (3-on-3 or more) while playing RTSs... I always get this urge to stab the others in the back and watch the resulting chaos. I'm much better off in 1-on-1 matchs. Even 2-on-2 I tend not to backstab if the other player decides to be helpful and not try to lone wolf his way through the game. Otherwise I leave him/her for dead. So if the skirmishes remain small, I really don't have a problem.

I never could figure out why some of these games have a spectator mode. To me, RTSs are like baseball... Fun to play, boring to watch.

Hmmm, i forgot u were goin rebel fosh, i'd be honored to fight along side u, to crush the imperials. They shall fear the might of the alliance!! 8)

From little.b's new info, it'd be fun to play a strictly space skirmish, even if it was in say the hoth system for the demo, still be fun :)

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Most likey it will be a single player only demo. Which will have example of all the new features in EaW. Also most likey will be a mission from the movies tp help get more people interested.

I believe that it will not be the E3 demo, beause that would be a little old for December. But it might be something like E3.

Multiplayer would be better for the beta test(Not saying there will be a public Beta). Also multiplayer demo for an RTS game are tricky, you don't want to give a gamer to much or to little. I would prefer that the Multiplayer be for beta or final game.

I must not fear

Fear is the mind-killer

Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration

I will face my fear

I will permit it to pass over me and through me

And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing

Only I will remain

-- The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

from the novel Dune by Frank Herbert

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/images/hierarchy_banner1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
From the german Empire at war site, they released a video stating the demo would be out december. Visit empireatwar.net and go to the trailers section and I believe they have a copy of the video there.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3269/pffuserbar2globalmodnx9.jpg

> Petroglyph Forums Moderator

> LucasForums Moderator

I know I missed the announcement because I was away, but don't think that makes me any less enthusiastic about joining a online multiplayer with you guys if the demo is capable. I'm surprised people forgot about me so easily :(.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk