Company of Heroes

Garbageben

Here's a game that has apparently gone under the radar. It's set in WW2 and is a strategy game. It won best RTS at E3 (yes even beat out our beloved EAW) and is being made by THQ, which I believe made Dawn of War. There is a fully destructable environment, so you can run your tanks through walls and such. I for one am keeping an eye on this game. It's probably the second best RTS I am checking out, behind Empire at War of course.

• 5 weeks later...

Well I hope I can do whatever freely and dont have to do objectives or i'll slap this game back into the retail store or sell it to a friend but I doubt it. Common would you love to fight and told to do whatever the Devs told you to ?

Well I hope I can go where ever and whenever I want to and build whatever I can with whatever the resources are. I want to be in control not be controlled by. Seriously Codename Panzers failed even tho it was good because I didn't want to be CONTROLLED. EAW will let me do this but will this game ? Anyways if i'm German i'll try and mass produce Tigers mostly and Panzers as support.

well if there is a story mode there HAS to be a few objectives but for the most part i agree with you, there arent enough options to really strategize in RTSes theses days, but at least with company of heroes we can strategize more than babysit our forces. im just waiting to get my air force and tanks ^^
I've have you now - Lord Vader

• 2 weeks later...
There hasn't been too much information on this game in a while. I hope we get more info soon. It's being made by THQ, which is a company whose games I enjoy. Mainly Dawn of War, although I don't have it or its expansion. It looks to be a great RTS.

• 1 month later...

gah, me and my forgetful ways.....anywho, time to say it.....

I WILL MAKE A COMPANY OF HEROES FORUM IN LESS THAN 1 WEEK!

if anyone wants to join and have enormous seats of power with the powers of enslaving the human race, please pm me :P

Sure I would be the Tiger Devision leader :P Well thats only will happen in Multiplayer games so yes I can be easily beaten but teamwork always works. Remember us in Warcraft 3? One would gold mine and another would harvest trees then another would be the main force.

That would only work if sides could either share resources or tribute resources. I don't really like to play "specialization" games. I'd rather everyone built up defenses and at least have some military units instead of relegating two people to merely gaining resources.

Well do that but you shouldn't mark my words until the game comes out and I mold into the game and use it my way. Well Gen whats the forum link? :P

edit: Lol I always get messed up with the Panzer and Tiger name so i'm in the "Tiger Division" :P

HUZZAH! IT IS FINISHED!!!

http://cohforums.10.forumer.com/index.php?sid=8b450236e737c73ab7af424cc4ef9a63

now if you want ungodly power, you need to do all my work for me...bwahahaha!!!!!

but i just finished makin the diffrent forums, ranks, and powers, and im tired...make topics if you wish and ill get around ot them sometime....'

:) yay

It's Hazah! I'm sure of it!

This game looks pretty cool though. As long as we can kill Hitler, I will be fine! :D

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

• 2 months later...

That game look incredible, troops can hide in widows, shells will go straight though buildings and be able to blast stuff on the other side. The AI is unbelievable.

WOW

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination