What i am curious about....

I doubt there'll be any deep space but maybe we'll have a deep space map(s). Well how big ? I'm guessing about as big or twice as big as any RTS map.

as for the units, build, open up a complete build box then drag and drop (x how many units)

The Galactic Map will have around 80 planets (so thats 160 possible battle zones) and if they decide to build an expansion - which they will - they could probably extend it to 100.

Space combat is engaged when someone drags their fleet along the 'Hyperspace' route to a different system so if you're fleet is sitting there doing nothing, they might get a little shock to the system!

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

i agree that there should be the option (at least multiplayer) to do battle in deep space, if only to speed up performance. It would also be a refreshing change sometimes to fight somewhere away from planets, but I don't know how to pull it off. Maybe the game area could be made like the Imperium Galactica II galaxy. Hey, maybe that's where they're stealing id*cough* drawing inspiration from...
INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER!!!

The Galactic Map will have around 80 planets (so thats 160 possible battle zones) and if they decide to build an expansion - which they will - they could probably extend it to 100.

Space combat is engaged when someone drags their fleet along the 'Hyperspace' route to a different system so if you're fleet is sitting there doing nothing, they might get a little shock to the system!

DMUK

:arrow: This is a great news DarthMaulUK I assume you know more than me - so thanks alot for this update - this means that all the community efforts to convince them to go over the 40-50 number - payed off.

:arrow: I'm trully happy. :D

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I personally dont see the point of a deep space battle, when you win the only advantage you get is that you took out some enemy ships. You get no planet, resources, or nothing.

BTW SWR is awesome!!! Although ive just gotten the hang of it and you do do a lot of clicking (doesnt bother me) im still getting owned. Ill have to refine my methods!

Could be fun if the imperial player could use interdictors to ambush rebel fleets on some of the more used hyperspace lanes :D

I personally dont see the point of a deep space battle, when you win the only advantage you get is that you took out some enemy ships. You get no planet, resources, or nothing.

true, but on the other hand, your planet and it's installations won't be damaged either :)

DMUK

wow! i thought they confirmed only 30 planets?

Its a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

I am uncertain of the total number of planets.

If you want to see the Galactic Map in action, visit the trailer section and view the whopping 181MB video (47 minutes long)

The video will play and the first look of the galactic map kicks in around 4 minutes into the video. It explains about the Galactic Map. You also get to find out abit more about it later in the video.

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

Its around 80 since we bugged the devs to have more planets on LEC forums. Imagine the hassle to conquer the 80 planets :) Rebels hit your weak spot then back to square 3 of building and try to get back to square 8 of planet conquering.

im angry with the rebels right now, they tricked me in SWR. I owned a few planets in a rim sector that they didnt know about, one planet had 10 Advanced Shipyards on it and was churning out DS's and SSD's they came into the system and blockaded a big resources planet i owned so i moved in to wipe them out but when i got there they were gone, they appeared at my shipyard planet, invaded and left. By the time i got back there they had scrapped every one of my 10 shipyards. I hate them! :evil:

im angry with the rebels right now, they tricked me in SWR. I owned a few planets in a rim sector that they didnt know about, one planet had 10 Advanced Shipyards on it and was churning out DS's and SSD's they came into the system and blockaded a big resources planet i owned so i moved in to wipe them out but when i got there they were gone, they appeared at my shipyard planet, invaded and left. By the time i got back there they had scrapped every one of my 10 shipyards. I hate them! :evil:

HAHAHA *hides*

Its a trap! -Admiral Ackbar

Poor Vader89 lol. Getting owned on the first try and thats were you learn :roll:

Uh Cain wasn't the Avatar appropriate ? It was about penguins :? Not some puppet eating a baby :?

Good rule of thumb, is any really good production planets should have 2 shield gens. Unless u have a big huge fleet that's dedicated to protecting it ;) I'll have to find the link, but there's a thing called rebed. What u can do, is make everything cost 1/3 less, or however u like. i like doing that, cause the comp will build the same, but build more of em, and things are built faster. Might be in the rebellion section in master of games- which we should probably move this line of convo to, lol.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

I did have a fleet protecting it, like i said. I had a ISD II and some lancer frigates, interceptors and defenders and bombers, but the planet next door was about to get invaded so i moved the fleet there and they must have had espionage on me or something. Cause when i moved there they moved in on me. Where do you use the rebed anyway i installed it but i dont know where to boot it up.

BTW SWR is awesome!!! Although ive just gotten the hang of it and you do do a lot of clicking (doesnt bother me) im still getting owned. Ill have to refine my methods!

You think all battles throughout history had a point to them? Sometimes there wasn't one. However to answer your question the point would be that your fleet survives to fight another day when something bigger is at stake.

You think all battles throughout history had a point to them? Sometimes there wasn't one. However to answer your question the point would be that your fleet survives to fight another day when something bigger is at stake.

True, a lot of war has little point to it, nor does a lot of deaths. The Somme, for instance :cry:

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

If you want to see the Galactic Map in action, visit the trailer section and view the whopping 181MB video (47 minutes long)

The trailer section of what site?

Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

The trailer section of what site?

Maul's probably talking about his Fan site. Which one's that again? I've lost track of 'em....

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif