Wait wait wait, 'Broadside' cruiser?

TSKNF

Wait...so that ship that we argued over the name of, was not the liberator, the decimator, or the Demolisher SD? It was a 'broadside cruiser'? I gonna rip somebody a new one....

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Whats the link for this info? And who is the unit for, the empire or the rebels? I thought it was a liberator cruiser.

Check out Little.B's website. I am now royally pissed for the first time with this game. IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY A DEMOLISHER!

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

that might mean the Demolisher and the Deciminator might be in the game still, you might just have to upgrade them, I have a feeling the reason there not showing us all the ships is because after you upgrade certain ships, the other ships will be replaced by them, like say, after you upgrade the Tie fighter to interceptor, the ties will all be replaced, I'm probably wrong though. don't hit me : P
I strike again!

*hits him* I doubt that. No ships in the SW universe were a straight-forward upgrade of an old class-they were normally new ships to take new strategic positions. The TIE interceptor was used beside the TIE fighter since it was designed for a different strategic role.

Well battlegrounds (bad example) and remember the devs saying once you research a ship upgrade the ships will be upgraded also and no "obsolete" units be left over (so much for a muesum).

Well battlegrounds (bad example) and remember the devs saying once you research a ship upgrade the ships will be upgraded also and no "obsolete" units be left over (so much for a muesum).

Too bad, kinda looking forward to having more of a mixed fleet...

same here. Well maybe we can but who knows. Maybe we can have mixed units like Tie and Int and Stormy is to scout. Bad example but maybe you should see what i'm saying right ? Well what Indum said not me.

Well yeah, you'd expect to have ISDIIs and SSDs around Coruscant or whatnot, but more backwater planets would probably still be protected by older Republican ships, and only get replaced later on. :?

(don't mind me, I usually only play Empire in SW games if at all possible, so all of my posts are made from their point of view) :wink:

Well yeah, you'd expect to have ISDIIs and SSDs around Coruscant or whatnot, but more backwater planets would probably still be protected by older Republican ships, and only get replaced later on. :?

(don't mind me, I usually only play Empire in SW games if at all possible, so all of my posts are made from their point of view) :wink:

Don't we all look at things from the imp point of view.

now that I'm thinking some more, it might be like Rome total War where your allowed to keep your obsolete units but they have little or no uses against the more heavily armored newer units, and are only useful for when your low on cash.
I strike again!

Don't we all look at things from the imp point of view.

I do! 8) Which is why im glad that the imps get this Broadside thing. If it was the Liberator Cruiser the rebs would get it so im content. And ill be even more content tommorrow when the new ship is revealed (I Wont be Content if it isn't an SSD, Interceptor or Lancer Frigate!)

Well there are 4 new pictures right??

One with a B-wing assaulting a SSD. One with a new Imperial Fleet with Interceptors, ISDIIs, Venators, Broadsides, SSDs, Defenders. One with an E-wing squadron against a Lancer Frigate and a new screen of how Coruscant will look like.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Well there are 4 new pictures right??

One with a B-wing assaulting a SSD. One with a new Imperial Fleet with Interceptors, ISDIIs, Venators, Broadsides, SSDs, Defenders. One with an E-wing squadron against a Lancer Frigate and a new screen of how Coruscant will look like.

We can dream cant we? :wink:

Well, some ship classes in the Star Wars universe were a quick upgrade to earlier models. The Imperial III class is really just an upgrade kit for the old Imperial II. I mean the Chimaera is registered as both an Imperial III and II on a lot of sights.

Perhaps some things will be upgradable and others not. Like maybe you can upgrade an MC80 to an MC80A, or an TIE Interceptor squadron to the mark II model with shields, but you can't upgrade a Z-95 to an X-wing or Victory Class to a Victory II Class. I'd love to upgrade through the entire lineage of the X-wing.

T-65A... T-65A1 B... T-65A2 C... T-65A3 D... T-65XJ

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

There's only one thing about that that doesn't go down right. If that is true, and since the devs said it was true, why are there acclamators, victories, and imperator star destroyers all in the same fleet? Perhaps they are considered different ship types?