STAR WARS GALAXIES: TRIALS OF OBI-WAN

JediKnightNathan

who will buy it when it is released  

16 members have voted

1. 1. who will buy it when it is released

• no
    • yes
    • maybe

and I hope its worth playing after this and cheaper to play an expensive messed up game :?

Once my card ran out on March 27th I just stopped playing since it just got crappier once I mastered Imp pilot in Chimeara server and then I played WoW and got to level 25 or near there with a male druid. If they want me playing and other people make it like it was meant to be and not copies of other games and such :?

ok what the heck

http://starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/news20050412.html

Kashyyyk Banthas ? WHAT THE HECK ?!?!?!?!?! And other creatures I never seen :shock: Uh hmm.......this never caught my eye before but why does Kashyyyk have Banthas ? Banthas are so huge that you can see them sneak into ships :? Even if some wookies are nutty doesn't mean that they wont notice ? Other wookies would :?

edit:

for the expansion of the trials. Mustafar and red volcanic crystals. Also Obi-Wan telling you what to do, o yay big woop :? I'm not trying to bash this but the way its going just annoying. I know the devs work their rears of but they're messing up this game that its falling apart. :? I payed $60 x two and for the game itself and the expansion and what I worked for is getting screwed up.

Galaxies deserves to be taken to a desert and burried in the sand. It probably is the worst Star Wars game ever (use the term Star Wars loosely) - EVER - even worse than Force Commander!

DMUK

The Lucasfan Network

www.lfnetwork.com

Empire At War - the new RTS

www.empireatwar.net

Star Wars Battlefront. Real online SW gaming

www.swbattlefront.net

Creative? Show off your creations at the only officially endorsed Lucasarts Mod/download site

www.lucasfiles.com

Live The Saga: Star Wars Galaxies

www.swgalaxies.net

I have been apart of SWG for a Looooong time. I was one of the first 100 beta testers for the game. Followed it 2.5 years prior to the release...played day 1...tested JTL...tested Rage of the Wooks...Tested the Combat upgrade.

Recently I flew the coup with no desire to ever return. Those devs (not the original devs that started the game) lost touch with the playerbase. I was shocked and almost laughing hysterically when I read about this new expansion....especially since they told everyone just a few weeks prior that their focus was to fix the bugs and limit the content that was to be coming down the pipeline.

They always respond with "we have multiple teams working on mulitple parts of the game".....Expansions...Bugs...Content.

Why not throw them all together for 3 months to fix the entire thing all together instead of having teams all over the place making more and more mistakes that hurt the community. The money they could have made far exceeds the amount they would make off a bad expansion.

They will even try to sell this for the same price as Rage of the Wooks and their will be 1/3 less content since Mustafar will only be a planet with 50 missions...no space zone at all for it. :(

I now play Yahoo Pool while I am waiting for Battlefront 2 and Empire at War :D

I have been apart of SWG for a Looooong time. I was one of the first 100 beta testers for the game. Followed it 2.5 years prior to the release...played day 1...tested JTL...tested Rage of the Wooks...Tested the Combat upgrade.

Wow. We have a Galaxy God here!!!

I now play Yahoo Pool while I am waiting for Battlefront 2 and Empire at War :D

Best game to play when bored.

Ricbr, why don't you get in contact with the SOE people and make your feelings felt??

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I wouldnt go that far...but I have definately been around the block with that game :)

I honestly dont think my voice would matter anymore though...even though I have done so much with that game. The initial dev team is all but gone and the corporate mentality took over long ago. It isnt about the starwars fans (in my opinion)...it is about whatever they could do to make a bit more money.

Folks like Quid, Xahn, Holo, Q-3PO...all the names of old (if you remember any of them) probably would have listenend alot better then the current team does even though it was that team that got pressured to release it to early when it wasnt ready.

Overall I really feel that their connection to us "Oldtimers" was lost when they tried to push out total package around the time of Episode 3. You could clearly see at that point that they were focusing on a new playerbase and not the old.

But I will always have some killer memories about the game and the initial testing....every saturday we had focus groups. Really simple things but they were a blast.

Ex) go take a partner..walk away from the group (didnt even have buildings up yet at this point)...go and test emotes with them...smiling, flexing, hugging...and see if they all worked.

I remember the first time we even saw a dev standing there with a gun. They guy was a rodian with a rifle. About 30 of us just stood there in awe asking if we could see him shoot it :) He told us if we didnt move and keep testing he would shoot us. :lol:

It was fun then...but it lost alot over the last two years. It is ashame...it could have been sooo much more.

Yeah, as soon as Ep 3 came around, the corprate, "let's make more money fevor" took over. I played from about the time of publish 9-11. I never got to see the great bombshell which was the CU. I had great hopes for it, till it colapsed any hope the game would get better-and me signing up again. I did laugh my ass off when i saw that they were comming out with the next expantion. Even since pub 11 there's been serious bugs ballancing issues, jedi issues,and the llack of quests and content should be addressed, b4 any more expantions. I say jump off that burning boat while ppl still can, lol.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg