EaW's camera system?

Naja

For when you are commanding a land or a space battle (not the cinematic mode), does anyone know what sort of camera system it will be using? I really hope that it will not be in the style of Generals, and more in the style of Rome: Total War. I say this because the Generals camera angles (the commands to rotate the angle, basically) are very counterintuitive: they're all the way on one end of the keyboard, while all of the other commands to attack, disperse, group units, and so on, are on the exact opposite. That, and there's no way to reprogram the controls! Rome: Total War, by contrast, has a very intuitive battle camera - you simply move the arrow keys, the camera moves in one direction. You move the mouse to the end of the screen, you alter the camera angle. I guess we'll have to wait for the people who have been to the Convention, to know more about this.

Someone correct me if im wrong but i thought we didnt have control of the camera at all, at least for the space battles other than cinematic or regular. But maybe im wrong, if so someone correct me.

Well we can, remember E3 trailer (47 min) where the dev zooms out then back in and the camera person and other people shout at the dev. "What are you doing" "HEY!"

Well we can, remember E3 trailer (47 min) where the dev zooms out then back in and the camera person and other people shout at the dev. "What are you doing" "HEY!"

So i was wrong then... Oh well.

Where can i get this E3 Video for free? I tried the gamespy or fileplanet or whatever but it wasnt the 47 minute like i thought. Now i just have 2 sets of the same vids.

lol ghostly you gave me an idea...bwahahaha

captain in front of han and leia: hmm it looks like they are fighting off those stormtroopers pretty wwell

stormtroopers behind han and leia : eeeewwwww get a room will ya?!?!

the wonders of camera movement....lol

I've have you now - Lord Vader

I personally hope we get an easy-to use camera. Just flick of a button and a rotation of a mouse to swing it round TO SEE MY SUPER-STAR DESTROYER SMASHING REBELS BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, I need my medication.....

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

You simply hit in a battle the space bar and lean back into your chair to see the whole battle in this camera mode. You are not able to control the movings or the angle of the camera.

Sorry for my bad english. I just arrived at home again after 4 nice days from the Games Convention. :wink:

www.sw-eaw.de

You simply hit in a battle the space bar and lean back into your chair to see the whole battle in this camera mode. You are not able to control the movings or the angle of the camera.

Sorry for my bad english. I just arrived at home again after 4 nice days from the Games Convention. :wink:

www.sw-eaw.de

That means you know stuff we don't, please tell us more : P

I strike again!

That means you know stuff we don't, please tell us more : P

At the moment I look to the pictures I made at the booth. I met Little B. there on two days and we played the demo as much as we liked to. Also we got an small interview with the brand manager of Activision Germany for Empire at War.

Back to the pictures again... I will load them up now so you can have a look at them. Wait a bit...